Good job Nicky...

RC
Quote 0 0
phrhunter
David Minton wrote:

A couple of photos from Saturday at Newport Pagnell:

http://gallery.mac.com/david.minton#100008&view=carouseljs&sel=0

David,
Thank you for the photo of my car turning into Works Service. My son was most impressed that it was on the web. You were very discreet with the number plate, but I was not doing anything wrong!
Quote 0 0
chilterngreen
Wow, Newport Pagnell must been a fantastic event! To see all the great pictures let me wish, that "Beam me up, Scotty" as a quick way of travelling should be invented very soon!  ;D It was absolutely great to see Harold Beach alive and kicking - imagine, he is over 95 years old! Has anybody taken a good picture (portrait) of him, which I might use for my article on "50 years of Aston Martin DB4" for the German magazin "Oldtimer Markt" in October? That would be smashing!  banana

Many thanks!

Michael
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Sorry about the delay but here is one of the three works demo cars together NMV2, NMV3 and the convertible which was NMV4. It's taken 11 years to get the 3 cars together!
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Great 'Historical' picture David - Thanks...

RC
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Great picture.  

I wonder if the NMV4 registration could be recovered / repatriated?
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
The actual original plates still may be with the car and I'm not sure any other car is registered NMV4. AML have an archive photo of the car from about 1965 (which they used as part of one of the collages on the wall by the old Vanquish finishing line) which showed it as YJN100. Without the help of someone with a very long memory (eg the late great Roger S), I doubt we'll ever know why the number was changed when it was, unless the owner has the history
Quote 0 0
TVJL
nmv2and3 wrote:

The actual original plates still may be with the car and I'm not sure any other car is registered NMV4.

I am not sure, but I think this means that the number can be recovered, since it is that which was allocated originally to the car. If I owned the car, I would certainly have a go at it, given its special history.
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
nmv2and3 wrote:

Sorry about the delay but here is one of the three works demo cars together NMV2, NMV3 and the convertible which was NMV4. It's taken 11 years to get the 3 cars together!

Nice to finally see NMV3 - having seen NMV2 previously, quite simply stunning!
Quote 0 0
williamp
A quick search shows that the DVLA do not know about this numberplate NMV4. Myabe it can be re-issued?

NMV1 is on a modern bentley Continental GT.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
TVJL wrote:

I am not sure, but I think this means that the number can be recovered, since it is that which was allocated originally to the car. If I owned the car, I would certainly have a go at it, given its special history.

I totally agree - it would be possible to 'park' the current reg on a retention certificate (or sell it on!) and so long as there is sufficient doccumentary evidence, I would be able to sign off the V765. I know this as Neil_M just sent me the doccuments!
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Tim, was DB4C/1088/R NMV5 or NMK5?
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
It was NMK 5

RC
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
If that's definite, that's identified a possible anomoly in the Millenium Register
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Which is what David ?

RC
Quote 0 0
Russell
it means something that isnt right RC.......
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
With a bit work, that could pass as a witty remark...

RC
Quote 0 0
minty
;D
Quote 0 0
tim_c
nmv2and3 wrote:

Tim, was DB4C/1088/R NMV5 or NMK5?

I've only got the same register as you to go on until I pick everything up from Neil sometime soon - when I have that and more of the register goes into the spreadsheet ( and database) then I will be able to make changes too

Exciting isn't it?
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Russell
RCVantage wrote:

With a bit work, that could pass as a witty remark...

RC

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0