SJH
A provisional date for the diary for any DB7 owners interested in a social gathering... this will be the third.

Weekend of Saturday 6th June 2009.

Details to follow 
Quote 0 0
SJH
OK Folks,

Details are now confirmed.

"DB7 Owners Gathering 2009 - Destination Yorkshire"

Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th June 2009

Visit & Picnic at a country estate, two nights in a fabulous hotel, private dining, secure parking, the traditional follow me if you must drive, great cars, great company and great locations.

Limited to 25 DB7 cars and members.

Details will be sent out early next week.

To register your interest please email steve@mamlogistics.co.uk

Quote 0 0
SJH
Update:

October AM News has details plus a forthcoming feature of the 2008 event in the next AMQ.

We have fifteen cars confirmed with ten spaces left so I'm expecting the remaining places to get snapped up fairly quickly.

Been to the Hotel today for a 'Rekky'... excellent rooms, restaurant, bars, lounges and private parking.

All looking good for 2009.

Please email me if you need further details at steve@mamlogistics.co.uk

Quote 0 0
SJH
Twenty one cars confirmed with deposits paid to the hotel and four spaces left folks...
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Steve, when do you require rest of money and where do I send it?
Quote 0 0
SJH
No worries Martin... balance all paid at the Hotel next June!

Individual confirmations are being sent from The Grange next week.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thanks Steve. Looking forward to my first gathering.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
SJH wrote:

No worries Martin... balance all paid at the Hotel next June!

Individual confirmations are being sent from The Grange next week.
Steve I realise it's Christmas but I have heard nothing from the hotel as yet.
Quote 0 0
SJH
Just been in touch with them Martin... they will all be confirmed next week.

S
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
SJH wrote:

Just been in touch with them Martin... they will all be confirmed next week.

S
Thank you.
Quote 0 0
wondercat
Received our confirmation this morning, knowing how SJH operates I wouldn't have panicked until he 5th of June

DB7 the model that saved the marque.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Received mine this morning also. Was only wondering because Steve had posted confirmations were to be posted before Christmas. I look forward to seeing you there.
Quote 0 0
SJH
Received my confirmation also 

I've had a couple more enquiries over the Christmas and New Year period, so we are looking at twenty-three confirmations with only two places remaining... happy days 

Steve
Quote 0 0
SJH
Update

Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to advise you that we have today confirmed the 25th reservation, and as such the “2009 DB7 Owners Gathering – Destination Yorkshire” is now fully subscribed.

I will take a reserve list in the unlikely event that we have any cancellations.

Not only do we have the finest Aston Martin DB7 concours cars attending… but I am pleased to advise that we have just confirmed a Zagato, a V12 Jubilee Model and an ex-AML car will be attending… as well as all the other versions of the worlds most beautiful car tm.

Steve
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Steve, absolutely brilliant weekend. You even managed to prove the weather forecasters wrong by stopping the rain that had been predicted on Friday!

As a debutant i thought it was as well organiised and sorted event I've ever attended.

Harewood and the Grange where wonderful choices of venue, the dinner on Saturday was well presented and very tasty.

The icing on the cake was having coffee with Vicountess Downe and being allowed to have a look around her beautiful home.

Apologies for missing Whitby but wife was really ill Sunday morning and not only slept all the way home but for several hours once we got home so disturbed a night did she have.

Over dinner on Saturday our table had several destinations in mind for 2010 so get the maps of Europe out with lots of tea and biscuits!

Only down side I forgot my camera!

Very, very well done to you and all your team.
Quote 0 0
SJH
Hi Martin,

Great to meet you both and a shame that Linda wasn't feeling too well.

The rest of the Sunday and Monday was terrific... great driving on Sunday as the scenery and weather in Yorkshire was so spectacular.

The final cars leaving on Monday afternoon... and I got the privilege of taking Gary's Zagato out for a spin  ;D

The weekend was a huge success and great fun.

Here are some pictures that Nick R has already posted:

http://picasaweb.google.com/apda98/AstonMartinOwnersClubJune2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCJvrmpSbueK2_QE&feat=email#

2010 planning is already underway  ;D

Steve
Quote 0 0
SJH
And another great image from Gary U...

This one was taken as we headed out on Sunday towards Wykeham Abbey. Fabulous shot at a level-crossing!

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss228/garyungless/P1000387.jpg
Quote 0 0
SJH
And more... courtesy of Terry F 

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/eltel99/2009DB7GATHERING?authkey=Gv1sRgCNOClpXuor2aZA&feat=email#

Steve
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Excellent photos.
Quote 0 0
SJH
And more still... from Rowland J

http://picasaweb.google.com/rowland.jenkin/AMOCDB7GatheringYorkJune2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCPrTspXijvOkmQE&feat=email#

Steve  ;D
Quote 0 0
SJH
Charity Donation:

I made a £100.00 NSPCC donation this morning.

We received £42.00 in contributions (i.e. individuals donating their £1 change at Harewood)together with the £55.00 received in the auction of the Aston Martin book.

Anthony & Ann Evans were the successful bidders. The fabulous book was donated by Nick & Linda Rumney.

Steve
Quote 0 0
sdpowell7
Absolutely magnificent - what beautiful cars.  I even spotted the one cheviot red i6 coupe lurking in the background in amongst the swathes of grey + green + blue ... there's always one 'oddball', isn't there  .  (I salute you sir!)

Seeing those albums just makes me even more impatient to get mine out of the clutches of the AA/Government testing and registration folks and finally on the roads here in Hong Kong.  Seems like an eternity ... just a little longer now.

Must have been great to have been there.  Looks a wonderful venue, and a wonderful event.

Congratulations to all who organised/attended.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
SJH wrote:

Charity Donation:

I made a £100.00 NSPCC donation this morning.

We received £42.00 in contributions (i.e. individuals donating their £1 change at Harewood)together with the £55.00 received in the auction of the Aston Martin book.

Anthony & Ann Evans were the successful bidders. The fabulous book was donated by Nick & Linda Rumney.

Steve
Very good Steve. A worthwhile cause.
Quote 0 0
Andre Koneczny
As an American who has never had the privilege of visiting the UK... I am blown away at not only the beauty of the landscape, but the beauty of the architecture, and the charm of the surroundings.  I then see all these beautiful DB7's in these pictures - spectacular.  I will be showing these pictures to all my friends.  Thank you for such a great presentation of quality photos!!

Thank you Terry for pointing me in the right direction!!  I salute all those who made that weekend such a great success!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Steve, a very good write up in AM Quarterly which dropped through the letter box this afternoon. Excellent prose and pictures and a worthwhile reminder of an excellent weekend.
Quote 0 0