v12 volante man
Despite the RAIN it was nice to share the grass with 2 fellow DB7 owners today @ Blenheim Palace.

2 x early i6's and my VV all line abreast of each other.

Well done Stewart ( evenlode ) for your win at your first show with your i6.

The turnout was good considering the bad weather but it was worth a good blast down the A420 - A34 and back this afternoon.

The only issue I had today was some numpty in an Evo 10 trying his luck albeit he failed miserably!!!! LOL
Quote 0 0
weeksp
Well done to Brendan for his DB7VV winning both Best in Class and Best in Show yesterday at the Blenheim Classic car show !!  Shows that all that hard work has paid off !
Quote 0 0
asington
Brendan - Well done! Did you take your new 'Man Cave' as well?
Quote 0 0
asington
Come on Brendan - don't be bashful! You came away with Best in Show! Brilliant and I'm sure well deserved.
Quote 0 0
Evenloder
Echoed by me, well done Brendan, a lot of effort went into his preparation - the result most deserved.

There was some terrific competition too - notably a stunner 'like new' red Lotus Elite from Bath with just 24k miles, and a couple of incredible Mustangs.  The sound of the young couple from London's red & white example was awesome!
I feel the public's general affection for the DB7s was clear with us winning several awards against such a wide array of other stunning marques.

And my i6 was a worthy runner up in the 1990s category, beaten by a sensational modified red Jaguar XJS.

With John from Woodstock's early blue i6, my green i6 and Brendan's v12 Volante in a line we had an eye catching row of DB7s!

Good fun show despite the miserable grey weather and showers...
Quote 0 0
weeksp
Evenloder wrote:

Echoed by me, well done Brendan, a lot of effort went into his preparation - the result most deserved.

There was some terrific competition too - notably a stunner 'like new' red Lotus Elite from Bath with just 24k miles, and a couple of incredible Mustangs.  The sound of the young couple from London's red & white example was awesome!
I feel the public's general affection for the DB7s was clear with us winning several awards against such a wide array of other stunning marques.

And my i6 was a worthy runner up in the 1990s category, beaten by a sensational modified red Jaguar XJS.

With John from Woodstock's early blue i6, my green i6 and Brendan's v12 Volante in a line we had an eye catching row of DB7s!

Good fun show despite the miserable grey weather and showers...
Well done to all three of you !  Looks like you almost cleared up between you !!
Quote 0 0
12 POT
Where are all of the photo's?
Quote 0 0
ChrisDodd
Well done Brendan - photos definitely required!
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Thanks guys for the kind comments and it was nice to win again 2 years in a row!!!.

Did not take any pictures myself as I was too busy polishing etc between showers!!! LOL, but I think Stewart took a lot for us all so maybe you could do the honours please Stewart.??

Well done Stewart also for your win too and agreed the competition was fierce as it always is at Blenheim but the DB7 brigade stood firm and came out on top form.

Andrew, if I could have had the cave on show too I would have won that class also!!! LOL and my car would have been nice and dry all day!!!! Hee hee.

It was nice to see John's car ( The Wheeler dealers car ) there also and ive just watched the episode on " youtube " and I am pretty sure the bloke who bought it off Mike Brewer was a couple of cars away from us with his STUNNING Rolls Royce Silver Shadow 2 whom I spoke with at length regarding his example which I loved.

I decided to stay at home today and not go to the Uffington show as its terrible outside today and mine was treated to an extra special clean up in the cave last night so she is MINT again and ready for the next show in a couple of weeks time.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
asington wrote:

Come on Brendan - don't be bashful! You came away with Best in Show! Brilliant and I'm sure well deserved.

I don't like to bragg Andrew but just for you, yes I won best in class first and then went onto win best car on show of the day which was amazing and 2 years in a row also as I won there last year too.

Not bad eh for an old car!!!!!! LOL
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Well done Brendan........look forward to seeing the pics
Quote 0 0
Evenloder
Some photos below
Quote 0 0
Evenloder
And this one was part of the final "car of the show" vote - in most people's eyes between Brendan's DB7 VV and the Red Lotus Elite!
The car on the right is a very rare Vauxhall Chevette HS.  Amusingly, and to the owners massive irritation, the loudspeaker described it first as a Vauxhall Corsa and then "sorry, its a Vauxhall Viva" - Classic!
Quote 0 0
Russell
well done Brendan, congratulations and well deserved for the effort put in
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Well done Brendan. Three gorgeous Astons there.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Evenloder wrote:

Some photos below

Great pictures Stewart. Thanks again guys, I am well chuffed. Roll on the next mods I have got planned!!!! Vroom Vroom!!!
Quote 0 0
12 POT
Thank you for posting the photo's.  The DB7's look fantastic even in the rain and it's not surprising that they turned the judges' heads.
Quote 0 0
ray f
Having both a VV and an i6, I have to say that there is something about the i6's lines that are indisputably 'magic'.  Congratulations to all 3 of you for such a tour de force of DB7s, and especially to Brendan on his well earned honours!
Quote 0 0
rbmackerron
Great photos of three truly stunning cars.....well done guys, great work and, by the look of the cars, well deserved. Love my own VV, but your cars look in a different league! Jealous.
Regards
Ross
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Well done Brendan, you must be proud of that.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Rich5ltr wrote:

Well done Brendan, you must be proud of that.

Cheers Ross & Rich5ltr,

I am very proud and love my Aston and this just fuels my enthusiasm to take the car to another level over time which plans are currently in motion with VelocityAP.

I still plan to use my car though from time to time ( Nice days & Shows only ) so I am not looking at taking her to the " As new look " like that 200 mile 65k 53 plate Vantage for sale we were all talking about last week!!!! LOL. That's a serious car indeed and just needs to be kept that way in a Carcoon to preserve history of the marque.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
atlast313
Just a question please. Are different wheels considered alright for shows,I ask because did not know.Thank you.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
driven66 wrote:
Just a question please. Are different wheels considered alright for shows,I ask because did not know.Thank you.

Its your car at the end of the day and what you put on it is your business and no one elses albeit will matter if you are entering a full blown concours event as you could be marked down for having an after market set fitted.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
atlast313
Thought you might be,thanks.

Quote 0 0