Johnny Chandler
Dear All

as later this year will be the 40th anniversary of the arrival of the DBS V8 I was wondering if any DBS owners (all models) or indeed any Aston owners, fans or James Bond folk would like to meet up to mark the event?

If you would and have any suggestions for a possible venue, with suitable car park that would be greatly appreciated.

Whilst I'm on it would any of you be interested in original DBS V8 wheelcaps if they could be made again? Interest would need to be sufficient to warrant machining them in the first place and the price would need to make sense obviously but if your interested let me know at johnny@divisionone.co.uk

cheers

Johnny
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
If you are in the U.K. Johnny there have been two DBS events held at the Heritage Centre at Gaydon and one at the national Motor Museum in Coventry. All were quite successful and the car park at the Heritage Centre is certainly large enough and can be put to your exclusive use.
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Lots of DBS V8 owners in the Roll Call.  You might want to PM them directly and point them at this thread.  You may want to add your own details.
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
Thanks V12 MCC. I went to last years Gaydon meet which was my first V8 outing and there were some very good people and cars in attendance. 
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
Thanks AstonZagato for the tips, I'm new on here so still learning to navigate the site. I'll definitely check the roll call. Cheers.
Quote 0 0
vanquish spirit
hi there Johnny. Its a yes and yes.  Yes I would be interested in correct wheel centres and yes I would be interested in attending an event.  I did not attend the Gaydon get together but have been to other events there, and have to say that i find it a bit of a characterless place to have a do.  I know the museum is there and all that , but it still seems a bit dull too me. Sorry, for that negative tought, I will try to come up with somewhere else, what about Newport Pagnell itself?  I am sure we could get WS to open their car park on a saturday and what a great venue.
Quote 0 0
fullerd
Johnny Chandler wrote:

Dear All

as later this year will be the 40th anniversary of the arrival of the DBS V8 I was wondering if any DBS owners (all models) or indeed any Aston owners, fans or James Bond folk would like to meet up to mark the event?

If you would and have any suggestions for a possible venue, with suitable car park that would be greatly appreciated.

Whilst I'm on it would any of you be interested in original DBS V8 wheelcaps if they could be made again? Interest would need to be sufficient to warrant machining them in the first place and the price would need to make sense obviously but if your interested let me know at johnny@divisionone.co.uk

cheers

Johnny
I'd certainly be interested in the correct wheel caps - the later V8 ones annoy me as I've got half and half on mine.
Quote 0 0
sprevett
well Johnny we could all go down to Piz Gloria in September with the classic tour chap, or we could ask Lord March if we could gather at the Goodwood Revival, again in September, which would get my vote 'cos I reeeealy want to go - they allow pre-73 cars a special parking area anyway......
Quote 0 0
pbrett
I'd be interested in a DBS V8 meet at Goodwood in september, want to go there as it is my b'day that w'end and it would give me more ammo to use to persuade the wife to let me go!!
Quote 0 0
gareth
Likewise - my birthday w/e also, I feel champagne coming on ! - although my V8 s3 is a 1974 reg I believe it was build started in dec 1973, can I come too?
Quote 0 0