Johnny Chandler
Hello all

apologies for the radio silence but I can now confirm the plot for the 2013 DBS Spring Meet at Silverstone on Saturday 6th April is as follows;

Parking for ALL Astons will be in what they call Bakersville - the fenced off area between the restaurant and the BRDC centre, with the grey painted floor.

Martin Wright, the Area 15 Rep, is kindly putting together some volunteers to steward this Aston parking area and whilst cars will be parked in the order they arrive we may be able to put all the DBS' at the BRDC end, facing towards the restaurant. I'll confirm with you on arrival on the day.

I'm very pleased to say AMOC have organised for participating cars to have an opportunity to be part of a track parade at lunchtime (12.25pm). We did this in 2010 for the DBS' 40th anniversary (see AM Quarterley - volume 4 issue and it was superb. If you'd like to be part of this please email me your name and car registration. There will be no cost but you will need to sign on at Race Control and I will organise forms for signature on the morning. Please note there may be a maximum number of cars allowed on the track in which case it will be on a first come first serve basis so if you are interested please get in touch.

The Jimmy Brown Centre will act as a hospitality area for AMOC Members and there will be complimentary tea/coffee available.

Johnny Chandler (Area
Quote 0 0
Bruno
See this article http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137066
almost certainly still salt on the roads by next weekend as temps are so low aswell as this threat for any parades.
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
Thanks Bruno. Definitely worth bearing in mind. It snowed in London briefly yesterday and unless the rains come roads will be an issue, let alone the track.
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
An update/amend to my previous note taken from Anne Reed's posting this evening;

The parade is for all Aston Martins and anyone who would like to go on track will need to be signed on at Race Control and be ready in their cars for 12 noon.  There may be a restriction on the number of cars allowed, so priority will be those who sign on first.  There is no cost for this.  You will need to bring your driving licence.

Tickets are £9 in advance and £10 on the day (under 15s are FREE). To buy tickets in advance click here: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/aston-martin-owners-club/

Practice starts at 9am, with the first race at 11.55. For the full timetable click here: AMOC Silverstone 2013 - Timetable
Quote 0 0
Bruno
Is this DBS 40th anniversary still on as the roads are still covered in salt ?
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
Good morning all

thanks for all your emails over the past few days. Further to getting road reports it's been decided to bin tomorrow's spring meet as the amount of salt still on the roads and poor weather are clearly not going to help us maintaining our cars.

The Silverstone event is still on and you can still be part of the Aston Martin track parade. Just be sure to bring your driving licence and once parked in the designated area sign on at Race Control.

I will be in touch with a new date and details for a re-arranged Spring meet in due course but in the meantime have a safe drive.

Best regards

Johnny (Area
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
Hello All

further to speaking to Anne Wright and Marc Aylott at AMOC earlier today I'm very pleased to say that we are welcome to hold our Spring meet at the Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich on Sunday 19th May as part of the Spring Concours in this Centenary year.

Full details in the new thread here DBS Greenwich Spring Meets
Quote 0 0