Johnny Chandler
Many thanks to all of you who fedback in recent weeks with DBS meeting suggestions, the resulting plot for this year is as follows;

We are very welcome once again at the AMOC Silverstone Race Meeting on Saturday 28th April and a number of cars look like they'll be attending as per 2010 and 2011. Our gratituide as always goes to John Hutchison and the team. If your going please let me know.

The DBS Spring Meet this year however will be at the Donington Historic Festival on Saturday the 5th May. AMOC members pre-booking will enjoy a 2 for 1 deal of £18 for the day and the club has secured a display area right in the centre of the action next to the race paddock. The event runs across 2 days and bookings must be completed by midnight this coming Friday 20th April either by ringing 0844 873 7355 or logging on to http://www.doningtonhistoric.com . You must quote the club code AMOCDHF12. Full details can be found on page 3 and 4 of the April AM News. Please let me know if you re planning to come.

TheAMOC Spring Concours on 20th May at Broughton Castle, Oxfordshire should also see some DBS' present including Graham Hough in his black 1969 Vantage and hopefully Gerald in his recently revived V8 from Europe.

There is a meet at The Ace Cafe in London on Saturday 2nd June which Peter at Buzz Design is hoping to attend (full details on the AMOC website) and the St. John Horsfall AMOC race meeting at Brands Hatch takes advantage of the same long Jubilee bank holiday weekend and is on Monday 4th & Tuesday 5th June. I'm hoping to arrange a small display area on the Monday 4th so if you would like to attend please let me know by return. The following weekend of 10th June is the excellent Bromley Pageant and once again Area 7 will be hoping to secure silverware with their fast becoming legendary display. All areas are welcome so if you'd like to attend please email for forms or better still contact dawnscantlebury@hotmail.com

The Silverstone Classic - Friday 20th July to Sunday 22nd also looks like playing host to plenty of DBS' alongside an expected 7000 other classic vehicles of which some 1000 are expected to take part in no less than 22 races during the weekend. For more info check out page 8 of the April AM News and if you are going please get in touch.

This September it will be 45 years since the first DBS, in its 6-cylinder form was unveiled and I'm very pleased to say that the DBS Autumn Meet this year consequently moves from Gaydon to Blenheim Palace, the scene of that launch back in 1967. Details are still to be finalised but the date pencilled is Sunday 30th September and cars will be able to park in front of the house throughout the day making for a great photo opportunity. More details asap.

Hope you can make some of these.

Johnny (Area
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
Due to the adverse weather conditions it would appear almost everyone planning to attend tomorrow is now unlikely to make it. Should you still go have a safe drive and enjoy the racing.

cheers

johnny
Quote 0 0