PBY113K Show full post »
PBY113K
Martin,

sorry for being out of it, I sent the letter to the NS at the begining of the month, so it will be in (hopefully) the July issue.

Jason
Quote 0 0
Virage Volante
Martin - Peter Skitt lives in Liversedge, not a million miles from you.
Roy
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thank you roy I will PM him and see if he's going.Thank you jason I rather thought I was going to have to rustle up something at the last minute! I'm grateful for your input, let's hope it gets in.  Martin
Quote 0 0
pthwaite
Right the fuel injection system is being rebuilt as I write, so I may be able to join you in my own car, otherwise I'll take up the offer of the lift Adrian and I'll contact you nearer the time, if not at the next meeting.

Howard
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Roy, can't find Peter's e mail or PM address? he's also not said he's coming can you assist please. Martin
Quote 0 0
Virage Volante
sprevett wrote:

I know there's been quite a lot of interest in Aston Eng's Efi conversion and Peter Skitt, who has such a converted DBSV8 has confirmed he will be coming on the 22nd.

Hi Martin - Just got back from Le Mans. Peter's postal address is in members list. I don't have his email or phone, if sprevett can't help, phone Malcolm after Friday - he's in Wales 'till then.
Roy
Quote 0 0
Cyclist55
As a DBSV8 wannabe owner, I'd like to register a very tentative interest in tagging along, subject to whether I'm allowed out to play and whether I can get there.
RichardB
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
You are more than welcome as I'm in the same boat! The more the merrier as they say.It'd be good to meet a real live rebel at the same time Martin
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
The 'Che' beret is a dead giveaway!
Quote 0 0
Cyclist55
I've got several disguises/personas.  On that day, I'm due to be in the 'company accountant off duty' disguise.
RichardB
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
You are more than welcome in which ever guise you choose. Martin
Quote 0 0
sprevett
webby et al, this thread is getting a bit old and rambling IMHO - can we have a new, fresh thread with 'final' details of the long awaited Get Together? We're getting very near to the date now and final deatils need to be posted as to the day's schedule or we'll lose potential interested parties I think. The good item in this month's News Sheet is a bit different to what I thought was going to happen...which was that the main meet would be at gaydon at 12 which allows plenty of time over lunch for a chat (I belive gaydon have offered us a special parking area for this) and the 10.30 pre-meet at NP and then HQ would be an optional pre-meet jaunt for those interested? is that in line with others' expectations? (I don't think a pub lunch will work unless it's pre-arranged with allocated parking etc...) thanks, Steve P
Quote 0 0
PBY195k
i will be there and talk you all to tears.
Chrissy
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Steve, will start new thread with list of attendees and program soon. I want those who have just got news letter chance to add their names to list. The item in news letter was written before itinarary changed. It is intended, by majority verdict  I believe, to meet at Gaydon around 12 and then decide what to do as a group then. It seems at present that around 10 - 12 people will attend. I need to get figures to Gaydon for car parking soon. We will need to have lunch somewhere but this can be at Gaydon if necessary so the talking can continue over a meal!! I hope this helps, as they say in certain circles watch this space.
Quote 0 0
sprevett
sounds good Martin - and perhaps if this tropical weather continues we should just do hampers & champers by the cars for grub!!
Quote 0 0
williamp
hampers and chmpers????

we're not the "new era" lot you know.....Pie and Pint please
Quote 0 0
sprevett
au naturel,  Rodders...beaujolais beaujolais my old son pie and a pint it is ;D
Quote 0 0
SFR
I am interested in attending. I have never been to a AMOC event before! Unfortunately my DBS V8 is in, (lots!) of small pieces. The engine is in the corner of the garage, and the body is with Aston Eng. Think my Volvo might make NP though! Any more details?

Sam Franks, (Lincs).
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
First timer! Sieze him! I am sure you will be very welcome, with or without the car  ;D Looking at complete cars is good for the soul and handy for remembering where all those bits are supposed to go.

Some of us with cars in one piece know we'll be in your position one day and others remember it all too well.
Quote 0 0