mcatlin
I arrived at Gaydon, in mixed weather, at 11am to check all was well and it was. Andy Chapman arrived just after me and as we were so early went for some breakfast and a brief chat about what we expected from the day. Once breakfast and a quick tour of the museum, unfortuately the Aston Zagatos are no longer present,was over we went to see who else had arrived. Four Astons were in the specially designated car park provided for the occasion by Gaydon.

Introductions were made and once Andy was introduced the questions came thick and fast. One of the early arrivals was Tony Christie and his wife, sorry terrible with names, and he was soon ferreting around under bonnets checking oil levels etc for anyone who asked. The enthusiasm for the cars was very high and when a further four cars arrived everyone was swopping their experiences with a car that is obviously very highly regarded. Rightly so in my opinion.

Just after 1pm it was decided to break for lunch and resume the discussions and questions afterwards. Some went to a nearby pub most ate at the museum. Forty minutes later the heavens opened and the thunder and lightening lit up the sky and made a fantastic sound. Unfortunately the museum lost all its electricity and for health and safety reasons had to close bringing a premature end to the event.

Before we left to head home, furthest distance to go Newcastle, we swopped names and addresses and agreed the event had been a success enough to repeat the exercise next year. Various venues have been suggested, from Donnington to Brooklands and others will be considered if you have an idea of your own, the more central the better.

My thanks for all those who attended, especially those that brought their cars. Thanks to Andy and Tony for their technical expertise and to Gaydon for their hospitality and consideration. See more of you next year!
Quote 0 0
pthwaite
Photos of the cars etc can be found here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/h.postlethwaite/DBSV8/index.html

I haven'tquite worked out to send them to this site, but anyway you can see them in all there glory.

It was a great day for all concerned I think, though a bit damp on the way back. However, I have finally located where the windscreen leeks  a success...

You have my email if you wish any individual photos sending on.
Howard
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Glad you enjoyed your day and got home safely. Many, many thanks for the photos - if only to prove it didn't rain all the time!  Some great shots, thanks again.
Quote 0 0
CQ DBSV8
I thought it was a great day.  A good chance to meet some other owners and look around all the cars.

Despite the rain bringing things to a premature end, there was still time for Tony to show me how to change the oil in the FI pump and I also to got some really good advice from others on various "issues" I'm having.

There were a total of eight cars and even a number of guys came despite not being able to bring their DBS V8's.  I'm sure next year they'll be more.

So a big thanks to Martin for organising the day and I'm pleased to see a thread has already started for next years event.

Chris (grey DBS V
Chris Quested
1972 AM V8 and late seventies V8 Vantage
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Glad you thought it worthwhile despite the weather. The general consensus seems to be it was a good day and people want to do it again next year. Any ideas?
Quote 0 0
pbrett
really sorry I couldn't get there on saturday :'(

ended up eating too much cake at the b'day bash instead!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Just make sure you make it next year as we hope it's going to be bigger and better.
Quote 0 0
pbrett
I will assasinate all children I know born a week either side of the next meeting!!

Also put it in the Calendar early so it can't be trumped!!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Getting it advertised early is one reason there is already a post created for next year. It would be great to see all those who couldn't come this year but hoped to. In fact getting as many cars as possible in one place at one time is the main aim.

If people like Andy and Tony attend this also gives the event an extra angle. You can't beat the expertise of people with hands on experience. I was thinking of seeing if other experts like Rikki Cann might be available that way it's not only one or two people being quizzed!!

Anyone any comment to make about the date? I think July is best, we can only hope this year's downpour was an act of God never to be repeated.
Quote 0 0
pbrett
Is Andy Chapman contactable?  Do you have his details?

I have a question about engine idling he might be able to answer for me.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I do, we took everyone's details down so we could lkeep in touch. I will ring him to get permission to pass his number on and let you know asap.
Quote 0 0
sprevett
pthwaite wrote:

Photos of the cars etc can be found here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/h.postlethwaite/DBSV8/index.html

I haven'tquite worked out to send them to this site, but anyway you can see them in all there glory.

It was a great day for all concerned I think, though a bit damp on the way back. However, I have finally located where the windscreen leeks  a success...

You have my email if you wish any individual photos sending on.
Howard

Great photos Howard and thanks very much for posting them. steve
Quote 0 0
sprevett
Can someone email me the contact list that was taken on the day? I didn't get a copy. Thanks  ;D
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I will do that for you Steve either when I get home tonight or tomorrow evening if that's soon enough.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Good pictures - the last few show ominous clouds!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
They were indeed, haven't seen rain or thunder and lightening like that for a long time! Good day though.
Quote 0 0
dbsv8i
Hi All,

I have added some more pics including DBSV8 getogether here:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/171398946/1171400180034969843vTuZIY

Adrian
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Steve, YHM.
Quote 0 0
PedleyM
Love the wheels on AMA 99K....

Mark
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thanks for the photos Adrian.
Quote 0 0
DRIVEBUY
Some very nice images there. cheers for the look
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
welcome to the forum, we hope you enjoy it.
Quote 0 0