MJN53

We are at the formative stages of organising a weekend to commemorate the launch of the DBS in 1967 and DBSV8 in 1969 possibly in April or May 2019 and whilst dates need to be finalised, the following schedule of events is currently being explored. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday AM 10.30 to 12.30 -   Aston Martin Works, Newport Pagnell, visit with onsite display parking, tour and inspection of the old factory facility, DBS and DBSV8 to be on the ramps with technicians available to talk through the cars, service information, essential schedules and maintenance issues, and take questions. Refreshments. 

Roadmap/Drive to 

Saturday PM 14.00 to 16.30AMOC at The Barn, Drayton St Leonard, approximately 1 hour 10 min drive. Presentation by specially invited guests closely associated with the DBS/DBSV8 to speak about Aston Martin in the mid 60’s, development and history of the model, key events in its timeline. Refreshments.

Roadmap/drive to

Saturday evening 19.30 to 22.00Venue TBC - drinks reception and Gala Dinner if numbers permit.

Roadmap/drive to

Sunday 10.00 to 14.30 - Blenheim Palace to commemorate the official 1967 launch of DBS at Blenheim and 1969 launch at Earls Court of DBSV8. Entry to include access to the grounds and Palace, displaying hopefully in front of the main entrance. Commemorative plaque, Prizes for best turned out car, most original car, longest owner, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invitations will be sent out in due course to known owners of the original 6 cylinder cars, DBSV8’s, the 2007-12 DBS’s and the exciting new DBS Superleggera’s. 

We hope to see as many of you as possible over the weekend and would very much like to extend this invitation to all international owners and their friends. We would love to see you here in Spring 2019. 

In the interim it we'd be grateful if you could indicate your interest in some, or all of the proposed above events by email to mike@wittonmetcalfe.com Subject – DBS/DBSV8 50th Anniversary Celebrations. 

Mike Nijhuis Area 1
Johnny Chandler Area 7

Quote 2 0
MJN53

DBS/DBSV8 50th Anniversary Celebration Weekend ‘UPDATE’

We are pleased to announce that the Commemoration Event will take place on the weekend of 29/30 June 2019. The following schedule of events is being explored.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday AM 10.30 to 12.30 -   Aston Martin Works, Newport Pagnell, visit with onsite display parking, tour and inspection of the old factory facility, DBS and DBSV8 to be on the ramps with technicians available to talk through the cars, service information, essential schedules and maintenance issues, and take questions. Refreshments.

Roadmap/Drive to

Saturday PM 14.00 to 16.00AMOC/AMHT at The Barn, Drayton St Leonard, approximately 1 hour 10 min drive. Presentation by specially invited guests closely associated with the DBS/DBSV8 to speak about Aston Martin in the mid 60’s, development and history of the model, key events in its timeline.

Roadmap/drive to

Saturday evening 19.30 to 22.00Venue TBC - drinks reception and Gala Dinner if numbers permit.

Roadmap/drive to

Sunday 10.30 to 15.00 - Blenheim Palace to commemorate the official 1967 launch of DBS at Blenheim and 1969 launch at Earls Court of DBSV8. Entry to include displaying in the Great Court, a guided tour of the Palace and  buffet lunch with presentations by guest speakers, commemorative plaque, Prizes for best turned out car, most original car, longest owner, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invitations will be sent out in due course to owners of the original 6 cylinder cars and DBSV8's. We also want to include this invitation to owners of 2007-12 DBS’s and DBS Superleggera’s. In the interim if you haven't already, please could indicate your interest in some, or all of the proposed above events by email to mike@wittonmetcalfe.com Subject - 50th Anniversary Celebrations.

We expect to announce a firm agenda of events early in the new year.

We hope to see as many of you as possible over the weekend and would very much like to extend this invitation to all international owners and their friends. We would love to see you here in Spring/Summer 2019.

Quote 1 0
MJN53
Invitations will be despatched by email in the forthcoming week, if by chance owners don't received their's, please email mike@wittonmetcalfe.com and we'll send it directly. 
Quote 1 0
MJN53

UPDATE:

The weekend is intended to give attendees a detailed history of the 2 models, expert advice on caring for and maintaining your pride and joy, background to the development of each and how they were brought to the market, the Factory that made them in the late 60s/early 70s and some special guests associated with DBS/DBSV8. All in the company of these fabulous cars and their enthusiastic owners.

Would you please let us know which events you will be attending 
by completing the application form sent to owners by HQ which contains all the instructions you need. PM me if you haven't received this application form in the next week.

1. Aston Martin Works, Newport Pagnell - Saturday 10AM -12PM  

2. AMHT Museum, Drayton St Leonard - Saturday 2PM - 4PM         

3. Gala Dinner - Saturday 7PM - 10.30PM at Holiday Inn, Oxford,  OX2 8JD             (menu including vegetarian option to follow later - wine extra)

4. Blenheim Palace - Sunday 10.30AM - 3PM              

Our hope is to achieve 50 cars on display in the Great Court at Blenheim. 

Of course very welcome will be Specials and Prototypes even if not running and they can be brought along. Owners of DBS and DBS Superleggera are encouraged to join us.

We have an allocation of rooms available with Holiday Inn, Oxford for Saturday at a special rate of £139 bed and breakfast for a double room (single room occupancy is the same price). PM me for the code once you get your application form in.

We really would suggest you get your application in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and assist the organisers with planning. Closing date for applications so that the above events can be finalised is 31 March 2019.

We hope very much to see you all over the weekend.

Mike Nijhuis -  Area 1

Johnny Chandler - Area 7

Quote 0 0
MJN53
Thanks to all that applied. We are fully subscribed which is brilliant.

There are a few spaces left if members fancy joining us for the Saturday Evening Dinner at Holiday Inn.

Aston owners/enthusiasts are welcome to come along and support us at Blenheim on Sunday, the advance/prepaid group rate is #18.50 per person for Palace and Grounds (public parking), email me for tickets if you are interested.

Mike Nijhuis          Area 1
Johnny Chandler    Area 7
Quote 1 0
MJN53
All Aston owners/enthusiasts are very welcome to come along and join the celebrations at Blenheim on Sunday, 30th June.

The advance/prepaid group rate is £18.50 per person for Palace and Grounds (public parking), which includes an excellent audio tour.

There will be an informal Concours with judging/awards in the Great Court mid afternoon.

Please email us above for tickets as soon as possible.

Mike Nijhuis          Area 1
Johnny Chandler    Area 7
Quote 0 0
MJN53
I've got a reserve list for display cars in case anyone drops out, PM me if you'd like to be added.......
Quote 0 0
MJN53
final preparations underway for Blenheim, last chance for general entrance group rate tickets, the deadline 3pm, Friday 21st June.

Should have mentioned that the group rate for 60+ is #16.50 and children 5-16 is #10. PM me.
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
A great day at Blenheim yesterday.  Thank you Mike and Johnny for organising it (and commiserations to Mike and congratulations to Johnny).

My son took loads of ""proper" photos which ill post on the photo thread when hes sorted them, but in the meantime here are a couple from my phone. 20190630_115336.jpg  20190630_115414.jpg  20190630_141837.jpg 
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
MJN53
IMG_5182.jpg  IMG_5183.jpg  IMG_5185.jpg 
Quote 0 0
MJN53
Grateful thanks to all that helped us over the weekend to pull this off, hopefully you all know who you are and without you it wouldn't have been half the event.
Mike and Johnny.
Quote 1 0
DBS-V8I
Thanks again Mike,
Here are some more pics from the weekend.
AdrianDSC00477.jpg  DSC00478.jpg  DSC00501.jpg  DSC00523.jpg  DSC00541.jpg  DSC00610.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Charley Farley
Assume the position lads, PUSH!

Can't believe you had to push an Aston, never seen that before!
Quote 0 0
DBS-V8I
DBS Teamwork!
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Really sorry not to have been there. Although I can assure you, Chris gave a way better presentation than I ever could. We have our favourite cars and the DBS is very high up on Chris’s list

One day I’m sure we will have a special Cygnet gig - I’ll do that one. Sticking to what I know 
Quote 0 0
MJN53
That was mine being pushed Charlie. Let’s just say I was determined to have it on display despite the agony of a busted engine. 
Great presentation indeed with lots of statistics and history. The other guests were so interesting too. We got a real insight into NP, the cars, the V8 engine and the designer
Quote 0 0
Charley Farley
Oh no Mike, I hope it is more easily fixable than a busted engine sounds?  After all the effort you put in to make the weekend happen it seems  particularly hard that it should be your car that broke down, bugger.

It looks like it was a fantastic weekend though, some fantastic photos and a real pity I missed it.

Looking forward to seeing you in September.
Quote 0 0
DBS-V8I
Some more pictures DSC00446.jpg  DSC00465.jpg  DSC00481.jpg  DSC00506.jpg  DSC00524.jpg  DSC00559.jpg  DSC00561.jpg  DSC00562.jpg  DSC00612.jpg 
Bonnets Up!

IMG_1029.jpg  IMG_1036.jpg 
Room with a View!
Quote 0 0
MJN53
Thanks Adrian

In case anyone missed it there was a great write up in Classic Car Weekly in their 10 July 2019 edition. Might be tricky to find a printed copy now but there is an electronic version to be downloaded if you google CCW back editions

Please check out the Aston Martin Works and Blenheim twitter feeds for more pics of the weekend

There will be a full write up in the Autumn edition of AM Quarterly

Regards to all
Mike

Quote 0 0
DBS-V8I
Thanks mike,

Eventually found a copy, very good pictures, Looking forward to AM Quarterly

All the Best,
Adrian
Quote 0 0