TVJL
Sorry for the very short notice on the following (at least for all those not on Scott’s Area 00 email list) but here are details of an event that you might be interested in attending.

We are holding our usual Area 00 quarterly dinner at the Lansdowne as advertised on the 11th May - kick-off from 6.30pm in the bar and then moving to dinner around 8pm.

However, another special event that may interest some of you is a proposed dinner on the 22nd May at the Grafton Hotel on Tottenham Court Road.  See link below for details of the venue.

http://www.radissonedwardian.com/hoteldirectory/hotelbio.jsp?hotelCode=GBGRAFTO&hotelBrandCode=RAD&key=webextra.dinings.&submenu=webextra.dinings.highlight.&origin=Hotel%20Directory&backURI=http://www.radissonedwardian.com/reservation/hotelPreference.do?locationUni=638&maintitle=Dining

Tim Parnell (aka Lordsoandso) has kindly undertaken some research on our collective behalves. As many of you will know, The Grafton was the venue for the inaugural dinner at which the AMOC was formed back in 1935 on the 22nd May. The hotel has an Aston bar, complete with a plaque on the wall which was placed there by the Club in 1985.

In future we might well make this venue our standard May location for dinner. But, for this year at least, we thought we would just have a dinner there too. 

Do come along if you are able. However, we would be most grateful if you could let either Scott or myself know ASAP.

Best to all,

Tim
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Table is booked in the name of Tim P / AMOC. We shall be keeping an eye out for persons eyeing the wall plaque in the bar. All welcome.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Just to confirm - there shall be a small '00' contingent dining at the Grafton Hotel on Monday, 22 May. Gathering in the bar from 18:30 with the table booked for 20:00. There will be a full menu choice. Do come along, if only for a drink!
Quote 0 0
TVJL
I'm looking forward to it.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
A very nice evening and a pleasing turnout, given the short notice. Great to see everyone.

Scott or I will post something somewhere about The Grafton experience, and include some commentary in the News Sheet. However, for now I can report that the consensus seems to be that Area 00 should make an annual pilgrimage to The Grafton, as a venue for our Spring dinner. Naturally, if you have any observations that you would like to make about this idea (whether you attended on Monday last or not) we would be very pleased indeed to receive them.

Tim
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Yes indeed, a very enjoyable evening and it felt quite right we should be toasting our founders. I look forward to next year and a large cake with 72 candles  ;D
Quote 0 0