Garrydb7
Is the AMOC doing anything at the DHF this year, on the 4/5/6 May?

I cannot see any mention in AMN or anywhere about a discount code, marquee, Club presence etc.

I've always enjoyed this "season opener" and while it may not compete with the likes of the Silverstone Classic in size, it is enjoyable nonetheless, and good for local Members to meet up. 

I have been the Event Manager on this in the past, I will be happy to bring this together again and liaise with the AMOC SoCom and DHF to get something going
Quote 0 0
asington
Garry - This is a very generous offer and whilst it's not local to me, what you have suggested should be rolled-out across the Areas. Each Area Rep should be tasked to organise at least one event per year and be given an appropriate budget and a target for the number of cars he/she needs to coerce to attend to make the event a financial success. The RREC 'Sections' organise an event EVERY MONTH during the season (April to October as well as Xmas) and each section is financially independent and has to fund it's own diary. It is now very obvious to most of us that the structure at The Barn is incapable of working within tight budgetary controls so they should be relegated to just running the Barn and a SINGLE Annual Concours for at least the next 3 years. This should motivate many more attendees to a single national event and hopefully the finances can be brought into the black.
Quote 0 0
SteveP
HQ have been in touch with me as it's in Area 3. I won't be Area Rep by then however, due to no longer having the spare time and other reasons, so it hasn't been looked at yet. Will make a note to discuss when we have our planning session in the next few weeks.
Quote 0 0
Gav C
I am happy to assist in this event, I have help out in previous years
Quote 0 0
mjc23
Dear All,

I have taken on the role as AMOC co-ordinator for the Donington Historic Festival to be held on the 
4th / 5th / 6th May 2018.
Please read the note in March AM News.
Any queries please contact me through, ben.events@amoc.org

I have contacted Gavin, and will meet up with him, hopefully next week.

Regards,
Martin

Martin Coleman
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Hi Martin I am hoping to be there in my Aston for all 3 days.
Quote 0 0
mjc23
Thank you Tim,
We look forward to meeting up and having a look at your Aston.

The prices are, Adult     three day admission ticket     £40
      Teen (age 13-15)        "      "         "           "        £23
      Child.( under 12 free )

Friday 4th May.                    £10
                                    Saturday 5th May.                £25
                                    Sunday 6th May.                  £25

The above prices are for on line bookings.

AMOC MEMBERS CAN RECEIVE A 50% DISCOUNT IF BOOKED ON-LINE USING THE DONINGTON 
HISTORIC WEBSITE, QUOTING THE AMOC UNIQUE BOOKING LINK.
https://shop.msv.com/DisplayCar/Register/DP-18-Historic?club=18

All bookings must be made on-line, it is not possible to book tickets through AMOC or by phone.

If you or anyone else requires any further information please ask through this Forum or ben.events@amoc.org

Kind regards

Martin

Martin Coleman
Quote 0 0
mjc23
Dear All,

PLEASE NOTE.

The link to book tickets for the D H Festival is https://shop.msv.com/DisplayCar/Register/DP-18-Historic?club=81

not ending in =18 as above and in the AMNews.

My fault, I have made a mistake copying it.

Apologies for any inconvenience .

Kind regards,
Martin
Martin Coleman
Quote 0 0
mjc23
Dear All,

Please attached links for the Racing timetable and news.

Thank you 

Martinpdf J000431 - DHF 2018 - Race Timetable - PROOF.pdf     pdf Aston Martin Owners Club.pdf     pdf Donington Historic Festival » Blog Archive DHF 2018 to celebrate 1993 .pdf     pdf Donington Historic Festival » Blog Archive DHF 2018 to celebrate 1993 .pdf     
Martin Coleman
Quote 0 0
DB9Chris

This was a great event to spectate at Redgate. Well done to Martin who coordinated helpers including myself. The weather was extraordinary! Blue sky, hardly a breath of wind, great day/weekend out.

Quote 0 0