sprevett
Big thank you to Audrey & factory people - I was really impressed with the extent & content of the tour (the guide really knew a huge amount of detail and was very thorough) and the lunch afterwards was superb too. Great day out.

But....best car I saw all day was a (series 4?) V8 of late seventies vintage owned by a nice bloke called Damian - proper car if ever I saw one and I have to say I would have it on my drive in preference to anything I saw at the factory - hope that isn't too wrong of me, but nice though the new cars are, they just don't do it for me. Too clinical, sterile even - as my good friend Chris said today -'they're a bit like a household appliance' i.e work well, very reliable, very efficient but really very like any other high performance sports/GT on the road today. No, I think the 'old' V8 has never been improved on. Still the best looking gentleman's express they ever built. Maybe I'm just getting old?
Quote 0 0
grahamj
Definately right on the "old" bit Steve!! 

Did you ever organise that event you mentioned last summer mate??

Graham
Quote 0 0
sprevett
Hi Graham - no I didn't, but maybe this year if there's enough interest.

..regarding my age-related nostalgia & relevant apathy towards the current models I note that a Mr R Atkinson wrote of similar feelings in his Octane magazine column recently..in which he suggests that it may be down to that there are too many of them now, hence they are assembled not manufactured (clearly evident at Gaydon) and with their resultant reduction in value resulting in a new owner profile, the sort that used to wear braces and run 911s....
Quote 0 0
grahamj
No...you are just getting old (well...you certainly look that way anyway!)

Graham
Quote 0 0