Bruno
Great result for Astons, particularly Feltham's,
Finishing 13th overall & 1st in class, 1st Aston home in Nick's DB2/4 were Nick Ruddell / Tim Stamper & 20th overall,
2nd in class, 2nd Aston home in Nigel's DB2/4 were Nigel Batchelor / Robert Eliis,
Nick's car was mechanically built by Four Ashes & Nigel's is prepared by Four Ashes, they were 3rd & 4th on Index of Performance respectively.
Dennis Singleton / David Franklin DB4 GT finished 38th, 3rd Aston home,
Ian Dalglish / Gordon McCulloch DB4 GT in 42nd, 4th Aston home,  
Rick Pearson / Keith Gapp finished 53rd in Rick's DB2,  
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Was out watching yesterday on the last leg to La Rochelle. Felthams looked and sounded grand. Who could want more ?
Sorry no photos.
May have some later from the park at the finish.
Quote 0 0
simon1jefferies
Very impressive result for Nick and Tim; Tour Auto is a long and gruelling event, a supreme test of man and (very well prepared) machine.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Well done with the cars Chris - any pictures?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
pofg
Sadly we had a small gearbox issue that put us out at lunchtime on Thursday when I think we were heading for 3 Felthams in the Top 10 on the Indice.
Full report to follow on http://www.efgmotorracing.com! Will let you know when it's up there... photos and all!

Was a fab event though, route was superb, race driving standards as appalling as ever but Orleans/Vichy/Albi all made us very welcome.

Will be back next year in a DB2/4!

Cheers
Rick
Quote 0 0
pofg
Full blog is up

http://www.efgmotorracing.com/index.php/multimedia/tour-auto-2013.html

Will post a few photos in the Feltham section as well... cheers
Quote 0 0
pofg

Cheers
Rick
Quote 0 0
pofg
Hmm, would have sworn I just posted those pics in the Feltham section... think I got "Webby'd".
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Much enjoyed the blog, thanks Rick.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
This thread had obviously sneaked under his radar until you posted the pics Rick! Anyway there's a wider audience here to enjoy the Feltham cars' successes - well done all concerned. Rich...

Quote 0 0
Webby
Rich5ltr wrote:

This thread had obviously sneaked under his radar until you posted the pics Rick! Anyway there's a wider audience here to enjoy the Feltham cars' successes - well done all concerned. Rich...

Nowt to do with radar, there were just three confusing threads all on the same subject in two locations. So I merged them for clarity with the side benefit of introducing Felthams to a wider audience. I made a hard link in Feltham, just as was originally done by Bruno so no one would feel left out.

Great pics BTW
Quote 0 0
pofg
So we're less than a week away from the 2014 edition... our DB2 is back for her 3rd crack at the event.... and will be the oldest car in the race so I understand!

We head down to the same start (Drax's chateau from Moonraker) as 2 years ago so I can post this in anticipation:

Staggeringly we're the only Feltham on the rally this year according to the latest start list... think they feel like they took in lots for the anniversary last year etc... there are however 3 * DB4 GT's.... 2 in regularity and 1 in Competition. Still only 4 Astons is not many....

We'll have the usual issues (no cage, leather bench seat) slowing us down a tad but still hoping to make the Top 10 on "indice" one day!

Hope to see a few of you en route, please come say hi!

Rick
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Keep us posted on progress Rick, good luck!

Quote 0 0
john curtis
Have a good run and be there at the finish!! The route is too far away from me this year to come and spectate.
Quote 0 0
pofg
Preview is here... please persuade as many people as possible to click on it to make the sponsor smile??!

http://www.efgmotorracing.com/index.php/multimedia/tour-auto-2014.html

And follow the blog during the week???

Fingers crossed for a finish

Rick
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Well done Rick. There at the finish and well placed.
Worth reading the blog if you haven't already.
Quote 0 0
pofg
Thanks John,
Yes a basically trouble free run for us, I even drove the car the 2 hours home from the finish afterwards. Very satisfying and huge fun as ever.
Clearly it was a little bit of a downer on the event that the motorbike police outrider lost his life, but still a fabulous week and just hope I can raise the support to get back next year! To that end, all please click on the link below so the sponsor is happy and you can read all about the adventure in full!

Cheers
Rick

http://www.efgmotorracing.com/index.php/multimedia/tour-auto-2014.html
Quote 0 0
annereed
Well done Rick.  I enjoyed reading the Blog.

How about putting an article together for the AM Quarterly magazine?  That should help make Keith smile as we have now gone over the 6,000 Member mark.

Happy to send him a copy or two if that helps.

Anne
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
annereed wrote:

How about putting an article together for the AM Quarterly magazine? 

I was going to suggest the same thing.
Quote 0 0
pofg
Would be more than happy too folks... if someone DM's me with requirements will put something together.
Quote 0 0