MPD
Here are the final results for the 2009 Autumn Concours at Mapledurham House yesterday.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thanks for the results Mark. Slightly puzzled that a DB9 Volante was in PoO class. I was told my 7 GT was too new to enter that class. Rules changed?
Quote 0 0
MPD
V12 MCC wrote:

Thanks for the results Mark. Slightly puzzled that a DB9 Volante was in PoO class. I was told my 7 GT was too new to enter that class. Rules changed?
This car was slipped into this class at the 11th hour without my knowledge. I had this entrant down as having a 1965 DB5 saloon in PoO. If he had entered into Modern Class, come last, he would still have won a plaque for coming third and not 6th in PoO! 
Quote 0 0
philmw
And if it had been only half as well prepared as the car in the photo it would have walked it. 
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Mark Donoghue wrote:

This car was slipped into this class at the 11th hour without my knowledge. I had this entrant down as having a 1965 DB5 saloon in PoO. If he had entered into Modern Class, come last, he would still have won a plaque for coming third and not 6th in PoO! 
Well if thats a DB9 V then ill be a monkeys uncle?
Looks liike RC Vanquish S
Quote 0 0
williamp
mrtbird wrote:

Well if thats a DB9 V then ill be a monkeys uncle?
Looks liike RC Vanquish S
Nah. Its a Nissan Skyline with a bodykit, entered into the invitation class  ;D
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Mark Donoghue wrote:

Please forgive me if i sound like a prat but are we looking at the same resalts?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
The results I saw listed a DB9 Volante in the PoO class. It came 6th.
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Williamp wrote:

Nah. Its a Nissan Skyline with a bodykit, entered into the invitation class  ;D
Troy and Stingray come to mind?
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
V12 MCC wrote:

The results I saw listed a DB9 Volante in the PoO class. It came 6th.
Yes thats what i saw but the picture is a Vanquish with diff Reg?

Lucky its not a Thunderbird?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
mrtbird wrote:

Yes thats what i saw but the picture is a Vanquish with diff Reg?
So the car was entered as a DB5 and ends up being a Vanquish. A good trick if they can mass produce it.
Quote 0 0
MPD
The image of RC's Vanquish, was not meant to indicate the car in question, but was purely for your enjoyment.  If only all cars were prepared in this way!
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
That's very nice of you to say Mark, (Your picture is lovely, a new background for my PC, me thinks) - I really thought I had it this time, but 2nd is only the first of the loser's...Next Time...

RC

And my old V8 Vantage was at Mapledurham too, which also took 2nd in the Entry on the Day class, She looked resplendent...It was great to see her again.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
From next year, Mark, can you include the chassis numbers in the results sheet. It'll make it much quicker and easier for me to update the register. At some time I'll need to get results from 2005 to 2009 so no-one is disappointed by the next register. This is actually quite important as I'm aware of a DB6 that appeared at the weekend in DB 4/5/6 that was unknown to the register until 2 weeks ago when the Trust was contacted on a small matter

Understandably, members get miffed if there car isn't fully represented.

NOTE - do not inundate me with car updates - member will get an opertunity to update the regsiter when a form appears in AMQ/AMNews/VP and even AMNews (if I ask nicely) later this year or early 2010
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Tim,

I have most of them going back accurately to 1968 - if that's any help...I am still compiling the 'early years' though....

RC
Quote 0 0
boltoc
tim_c wrote:

I'm aware of a DB6 that appeared at the weekend in DB 4/5/6 that was unknown to the register until 2 weeks ago when the Trust was contacted on a small matter
What a truly lovely car that was too. A deep, rich Cumberland Grey which gave a number of different hues as the sun changed position.
chrisb
Quote 0 0
tim_c
RCVantage wrote:

Tim,

I have most of them going back accurately to 1968 - if that's any help...I am still compiling the 'early years' though....

RC
That could prove very very useful IF we have a seporate table for results - it could be an absolute brilliant thing
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
My thoughts exactly, I only record the 1st -3rd places in each class but it has lots of other data in there that isn't recorded in the register normally...

I'll send it to you...

RC
Quote 0 0