Webby
Remaining Dates this year
Sunday July 2nd
Saturday September 1st
Sunday September 2nd - a round of the AMOC Speed Championship.

For entry forms go to http://www.mscc.org.uk, where you can also see photos of the Astons at the 30th April 2006 Hill Climb - those in the Jethro Collins being best.

Accommodation was proving to be a problem for these weekends due to large conferences taking place in the city, who have block booked most hotels in and around Glasgow.

I have at last found a hotel that has vacant rooms and have therefore booked some rooms for competitors. We will also hold the 'competitors' dinner on 1st July and 1st September at this hotel (not as previously announced at the Garfield Hotel)

Please let me know soonest if you want me to put your name down for one of the rooms I have booked, which nights you will want the rooms for and how many of you will be attending the dinner. Those not staying overnight but coming to the dinner should also let me know numbers.

The hotel will only hold the rooms for me till 10th June for 1st July and 12th August for 1st/2nd September, so if you intend to come please let me know. Rooms can be cancelledwithout charge by giving me notice 48 hours before the date of arrival.

It is the Moodiesburn House Hotel, 6 Cumbernauld Road, Moodiesburn, Glasgow G69 0AA

Phone 01236 873172, Fax 01236 878555, website http://www.moodiesburn-house.co.uk (Don't be put off by the 'motel style' description- the rooms are mostly in two 2 storey brick built blocks adjacent to the original dower house which houses the bar and restaurant).

Prices are

For 1st July £60 for bed and breakfast
for 1st & 2nd September £65 per night bed and breakfast.
They have bus/trailer parking outside reception and I will reserve a space for you if you let me know you are bringing a trailer when you book.

The main car park has CCTV cameras covering it.

(It also has 'an indoor heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna, solarium and full gymnasium all staffed by a team of highly qualified and dedicated fitness professionals'.)

To find the hotel from the South;

leave the A74 after Hamilton& Bothwell at junction 4 onto the M73 heading North sign post Stirling .
At junction 3 the M73 joins the A80.
STAY in left lane and come off the A80
At roundabout take first exit (left) and cross over dual carriageway
Keep turning LEFT till you are back on the A80 now heading back towards GLASGOW.
Move OUT ofleft lane (which takes you back onto M into the middle lane which takes you on the A80 to Glasgow.
After you crest the hill, enter a 50 limit, then a 30 limitbefore the traffic lights.
Moodiesburn House is just after the traffic lights on your left.

Roger Martin Area 19
Quote 0 0