williamp
After From Russia with love last night, the TV said that some cinemas were re-showing Goldfinger, which has been digitally remastered.

Imagine, the DB5 on the very big screen again.

Anyone know of a cinema which is doing this? Could be a fun AMOC meeting...

(sorry to Tim. I know you had a great idea to show old films with Astons in. Its just that someone obviously heard you and took on the idea!)
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Hi Will,

Last things first. The AMOC Film Night (which was not my idea, btw, but came from this forum - I think it was LS&S + John Purser + others) is in its finals stages of preparation so - WATCH THIS SPACE.

Goldfinger on show round the country? Yes indeed, and it's about to be shown at the same venue that has been chosen for the Film Night later on in the year:

http://www.everymancinema.com/cinemas/timetable.asp?SessionID=E917ACB093154F5E9D412FE97B5C1096&cn=1&ci=2&ln=1&fi=4486|513|0

Best,

Tim

Quote 0 0
tim_c
I'm seeing it this morning - our cinema has 'Senior Screen' so it's £2.50 with a free drink and buiscuits.

Because of age discrimination laws, they cannot restrict it to OAP's
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Whilst you are there, see if Saga can insure you against premature ageing !
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Goldfinger on the big screen was brilliant - not at all spoilled as I feared

The only thing is that I'm convinced that the £42K 007 gear knob was the one from the film - oh dear!

The film knob was a 4 speed with a wider button within a chrome collar
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
cwallace1309
Quote:
The only thing is that I'm convinced that the £42K 007 gear knob was the one from the film - oh dear!

Do you mean "... was not the one from the film..."?

I had thought the same. The effects car, being the prototype DB5 would have had a 4 speed DB box. I just wasn't sure if, for the film, somebody thought to "update" the knob to advertise that the DB5 had a 5 speed, which was pretty cool in those days. But I don't think anyone at AML was thinking about things like that in those days.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Having looked in my book, The most famous car in the world,  it certainly looks like it's the knob from the AM built replica, FMP 7B

Here are some pictures of DP216

And then FMP 7B, the replica

And here is the knob from the auction

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=lotdetailsNoFlash&iSaleItemNo=3486598&iSaleNo=15340
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0