Hedgehog Show full post »
mcatlin
Are Astons so fragile they can't stand a little rain?
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
Why take it out in the rain,to encourage road salt etc onto the fabulous body,if it can be avoided. i dont mind using "Betty"in the rain,or even snow,which happened last year,but why provoke rust onslaught . Look forward to meeting up, on Sunday 
Lord Brett Sinclair wrote:

Are Astons so fragile they can't stand a little rain?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Won't be there, live at opposite end of the country. Road salt? Roads haven't been done in months and with the amount of rain we have had recently would have disappeared long ago.
Quote 0 0
Jimbo
Congrats to everyone else who turned up.  It was hammering with rain and a good effort all round.  ;D A day for mads dogs and Englishmen, I had my sanity repeatedly questioned on the way down by a frosty navigator wanting to know why we had got up at 7am to drive on slippery, muddy, flooded coutry roads. I was beginning to question it myself until we arrived and saw everybody else.

For those that couldn't make it, it is a really good way to start the day - first Sunday of every month now.  All sorts of old bangers there and many new ones too. If you are within a hour's drive like us you can easily get back before lunch.

The marshalls said 800 cars had been noted. It seemed most people were just staying for a short time because there were not nearly that many at the actual time we were there.

Our prizes are:

Best effort by an Aston: light racing green DB4 - oldest Aston seen

Smartest Aston - Jointly tied between ours, 3 x DB6, 1 x DB4, 3 x other Newport V8, 2x DB9 and 1x new V8

Best effort all round - open Vauxhall 30/98, very sporting, very bedraggled and by several years the oldest car seen

Most Sporting Aston - Breakfasted burgundy DB6 who gave us a fright on a narrow bit of Harting Down. You looked quite splendid Sir & Madam, hope we did too.

Unlucky Bunny - Gentleman in the elegant old RR Cont who sniffed our boot going up the Downs to the racecourse - sensible idea Sir but be advised for the future that a little puff of carbon particles from the exhaust and a slight hunching of the rear end of an old Aston in front means the carbs are shovelling in fuel and you are about to be horizoned.

Jim
Quote 0 0
geoffd
Sorry if I gave you a fright!  You looked fine on your side of the road.  It's a good drive in the dry, as it was going to Goodwood, but going home parts were like a river.

It was an excellent array of cars, both in the display area and in the paddock.  It's well worth attending whatever the weather.

Geoff
Quote 0 0
migtig
Had a good time, but very wet. Arrived at 8.32am, breakfast on plate and eating 15 mins later. Great breakfast. Then spent 2 hours on a walk about getting soaked but looking at some fantastic cars. Called in at the Kennels on the way back for a coffee and brandy. Home by 1.00pm. Next month will hope to meet fellow AMOC ............ Dave
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
Sorry I couldnt make it,I was kidnapped in the New Forest by Hedgie! & others. ;D
Quote 0 0
Jimbo
Dave, was there plenty of room in the Kennel car park? I am always so worried about people denting the doors in tight car parks with narrow spaces. Jim
Quote 0 0
migtig
Jim, plenty of room at the back of the car park in the left side. This is the part not seen from the road as you drive past... Dave
Quote 0 0
chris911carerra
have u ever seen such a large turn out? especially considering the weather!!? >
Quote 0 0