Purest Green
Is anybody planning to attend this.
Jamie A.
Member of AMOC Social and Concours Sub-Committees
Principal Judge, Concours, NP 12 Cylinder
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Yes, I'm on for it but I've not heard anything from Hackett.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Purest Green
Rich, if you're driving from London, plan to meet for coffee at Hackett, Sloane Street at 6.00am.
Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I saw that but I'm coming from Hampshire so different direction.  

Quote 0 0
GillianF
4 of us (2 cars) are coming from Somerset. We have heard from HQ that we are on the list but not had anything from Hackett yet?
Quote 1 0
Rich5ltr
GillianF wrote:
4 of us (2 cars) are coming from Somerset. We have heard from HQ that we are on the list but not had anything from Hackett yet?
Likewise, nothing from Hackett. We will need passes or something because these breakfast meeting get very busy and the marshalls require passes for track access. I thought the plan was to line the cars up by the old control tower so it will need organising. Hopefully we'll receive some instructions soon. 

Quote 1 0
GillianF
Rich5ltr wrote:
Likewise, nothing from Hackett. We will need passes or something because these breakfast meeting get very busy and the marshalls require passes for track access. I thought the plan was to line the cars up by the old control tower so it will need organising. Hopefully we'll receive some instructions soon. 

Hopefully we will meet you there!  We will be a DB6 & DB5 convertible.
Quote 0 0
GillianF
Just spoken to HQ the details are coming from Hackett. HQ are aware we haven't received anything yet and have it on their list to chase up.  G
Quote 0 0
MCSV8
I'm in the Hackett display. Got all the info from Christine on Monday.
Quote 0 0
GillianF
MCSV8 wrote:
I'm in the Hackett display. Got all the info from Christine on Monday.

Yes so have we!  See you on Sunday, fingers crossed for some dry weather.  G
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
You guys must have been quick. I responded to Christine within 25 minutes of receiving the invitation but can’t have been quick enough as haven’t heard anything. Shame.

I’m sure you’ll have a great time.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
David, I am also in the Hackett display which is in the assembly area but I also think there is room for 30 more suitable Astons on the grid. If you want to be there it's worth asking.

Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the suggestion but we’ve made other plans now. Would have been nice to receive an email from AMOC events either way though.

Have a great day.

David
Quote 0 0
GarethT
I may wander down. Not part of the Hackett display, but will probably pop into their hospitality tower for some brekky, so may see some of you down there.
Area 16 - Sussex
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
What time are people planning on arriving? I know breakfast club people turn up earlier and earlier these days but as I am in the assembly area, as are a few others I assume, what time are we required? There was no timings on the info I received and other than Jeremy Hackett inviting people to his shop in Sloane Sq at 6:30am for coffee I know no more... 

Quote 0 0
Purest Green
Rich

The ETA for the London "convoy" is 0745-0800

Jamie

Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 1 0
Rich5ltr
Purest Green wrote:
Rich

The ETA for the London "convoy" is 0745-0800

Jamie
Perfect, thanks. I got up early this morning to wash and polish the car before the sun was too hot! So I'll set off around 7am and look forward to seeing you all there! 

IMG_20180804_0806150.jpg 

Quote 1 0
GillianF
Great Day out yesterday hope everyone enjoyed themselves.  I still don't know who you all are though!  Our car made it onto the Breakfast Club FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/GoodwoodBreakfastClubOfficial/photos/a.1351398934950429.1073741828.1333735813383408/1812866418803676/?type=3&theater
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
It was a smashing morning and the hospitality from Hackett was most welcome. Unfortunately when I arrived there was not much organisation and so I parked in the assembly area, as stated on my pass. Had I realised that all the classic Astons were outside on the grid I would have parked there to grace the line up. And, like you Gillian, I also have no idea who people are but I did see Alan Southward's Two Litre Sports (DB1) [smile]

Old and the new...  IMG_20180805_0801446.jpg  IMG_20180805_0944068.jpg

Quote 0 0
GarethT
It was indeed a lovely day.  Alas all the food was gone in the Hackett hospitality by the time a turned up at 10am [frown].  Likewise, still did not meet any of you AMOC bretheren.  I did catch a glimpse of our esteemed Chairperson, although she was just starting a conversation with a Hackett staff member in the pop up sales tent, so I refrained from intruding and proceeded onwards around the grounds.  A lovely DB5, DB6 and a V600.  Nice to see Red10 there too.

On the way home, I did see what I believed to be Area 1 drive out to Petworth on the A272, so if you saw another Aston waving going Eastwards...it was me.
IMG_7414.jpgIMG_7402.jpg   IMG_7404.jpg
Area 16 - Sussex
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
If you saw the DB 6 that flashed you that was me!

Flash
Quote 1 0
GillianF
Yes I did think of borrowing their P.A. to ask the Forum members to reveal themselves so to speak!  We had travelled from Somerset the afternoon before in a small convoy of DB6 & DB5 convertible so we were there in plenty of time for breakfast (I promise we didn't eat it all).

I would have loved to have won Red10 but hearing Humphrey speak with such passion about owning the car and the charity work he is doing it couldn't have gone to a better home!  

We got tangled up in a large convoy of Harley's on the way out but once off the M27 had a good blast home through the New Forest and over Cranborne Chase.

An early morning shot of the 2 Somerset arrivals.
IMG_1582.jpg 
Quote 1 0
Purest Green
A few more snaps from from Goodwood and the Area 00 drive down.
IMG_8645.jpg  IMG_8655.jpg  IMG_8656.jpg  IMG_8665.jpg  32D8694B-7F47-47CD-A9A8-29EA7E697264.jpg  IMG_8671.jpg  IMG_8637.jpg  IMG_8636.jpg  IMG_8634.jpg  IMG_8633.jpg  IMG_8630.jpg  IMG_8628.jpgIMG_8643.jpg
Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Just to add that it was a bit of a shame that Marek Reichman didn't show up. Chatting to Jeremy Hackett I understand that he is meant to do a certain number of appearances as part of their sponsorship of AML and had agreed to be at Goodwood. There was also meant to be a Vulcan and the Valkyrie there perhaps MR was meant to be accompanying those?

Quote 0 0