GavinC
Evening all.

Sorry if this is the wrong place. I have just read the the featured marque of this years FOS is Aston Martin (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/goodwood-festival-speed-central-feature-celebrate-aston-martin/amp/) is there anything planned with AMOC?

Gavin
Quote 0 0
Bournemouthboy
Lets hope so

Quote 0 0
Anne
I tried to get a display of Astons to go around the sculpture but Goodwood have said it is too late to organize now.

I'm arranging a session with the AML UK and Global marketing managers to look at forward planning, to see what events we can get Members involved in.

Anne
Quote 0 0
GeorgeJ
Great news Anne and thanks for exploring this.

My wife and I are booked in for two days at FOS this year - looking forward to it!

Wonder if there will be any AML surprises this year - last year it was the Vantage V8 powered Cygnet! Quite a giggle!
ATB. George
(Area 7)
Quote 0 0
GavinC
That's great Anne, thanks for looking into this, hopefully it'll be positive.

My wife and I are also booked this year and are looking forward to it even more so now (if that's possible!!)
Quote 0 0
Gav C
I though my account had been hacked when I saw GavinC post come up, The realised I am GavC. Interesting that we have 2x Gavin’s with. C for the surname as well!
Hope you enjoy the event:)
Quote 0 0
Purest Green
Lots of news about Goodwood FOS celebrating Aston Martin.

Does anyone know about any FOS-related events that AMOC members might be able to join in with?
Jamie A.
Member of AMOC Social and Concours Sub-Committees
Principal Judge, Concours, NP 12 Cylinder
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
Anne
Purest Green wrote:
Lots of news about Goodwood FOS celebrating Aston Martin.

Does anyone know about any FOS-related events that AMOC members might be able to join in with?

I was liaising with AML about having a display of Members Astons around the sculpture, but Goodwood said no.  So there is nothing specific arranged.

Anne

Quote 0 0
Purest Green
...unlike the Ferrari 70th anniversary in 2017 when the central sculpture was surrounded by an amazing array of machinery.

A great shame really and a missed opportunity.
Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
Purest Green
If anyone is heading to Goodwood FOS on Friday, there will be a small AM convoy departing Barnes, SW13, at 0630. Leaving from Barnes Pond promptly at 0630.

We'll join the A3 from Roehampton Lane and then head down the A3 before joining the A286.

Please feel free to join us from the start, or along the way.

Aston Martin is the 2019 FOS "Celebration Marque" so let's celebrate "our year" in style.
Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
GavinC
Hi Jamie,

I'd love to join you, but we're staying 5mins around the corner. I may see you there....
Quote 0 0
GeorgeJ
My wife and I are at Goodwood FOS on Friday and Saturday this year (and travelling in from Horsham to fall in with the doors first thing (to avoid traffic congestion)) - any plans for AMOC members to meet up whilst on site at any time during the event?  

Also, does anyone know if AML are offering any hospitality to owners this year?  Last year, we gained entry to the BMW and JLR hospitality suites by showing our car keys.  Some quite delicious cakes and coffee in the Jaguar suite!
ATB. George
(Area 7)
Quote 0 0
GavinC
That's interesting, I may have to find the AML hospitality and try to gain entry. Is there a special handshake?!?!? 🤔🤣
Quote 1 0
markm3
Driving down,,,,,,,,but in my Audi A1!
Quote 1 0
GeorgeJ
GavinC wrote:
That's interesting, I may have to find the AML hospitality and try to gain entry. Is there a special handshake?!?!? 🤔🤣

Here’s a photo of last year’s AML ‘stand’ (a tent with a few cars parked in front of it - no apparent hospitality on offer - maybe there will be something given it’s an Aston birthday themed event this year;
C2D0CE74-4175-4617-95CE-579468B64058.jpeg 
...and here was the JLR hospitality suite (whole first floor of this building;
E608FC65-58E2-4E4A-B80D-58D2F973D0C9.jpeg 
Out of interest, here’s the centre piece from last year (celebrating Porsche birthday anniversary) outside Goodwood House;
6057A0DE-09E2-452B-9A00-2EF90FF3581F.jpeg 
...and finally, some shots of Aston Martins going up and down the Hill, as well as the original mustang from Bullitt (preceded by a modern Ford Mustang in special edition 
Bullitt livery);
08ED51BD-5D7F-4ADA-A7F7-C4B0C6348013.jpeg  28514DEF-167D-470E-8B8D-2532CE6961E2.jpeg  B384D87F-5495-4377-A876-0C52506EDBAA.jpeg  F3FF94E0-8A05-4A7C-933F-4AA7DBB26AC5.jpeg  0248BB1B-7255-484F-8E5A-8E07DA93E2E6.jpeg 

ATB. George
(Area 7)
Quote 0 0
GeorgeJ
markm3 wrote:
Driving down,,,,,,,,but in my Audi A1!

I believe that Audi have a hospitality suite if you show your key on entry, you’ll hopefully get offered a glass or cup of something!  🤗
ATB. George
(Area 7)
Quote 0 0
GarethT
I'm hoping to be there, but possibly going with the McLaren Hospitality.... shame nothing done with AMOC / AML given that its our Marque they are celebrating ?
Area 16 - Sussex
Quote 0 0
GavinC
This will be my first FOS and I'm looking forward to it, especially that I will be going in my first Aston Martin to an Aston themed event!!
Quote 1 0
GeorgeJ
Just read in Carbuzz that;

“......this will be the first time Aston Martin’s DBX SUV will be shown off in public. It will also be the first time it will be heard, as Chief Engineer Matt Becker will be taking the camouflaged pre-production prototype up the famous Goodwood Hillclimb course.

Aston Martin fans will also get to see the Rapide E in action for the first time......also the 715-hp DBS Superleggera Volante, Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro, manual AMR Vantage and DB4 GT Zagato Continuation

ATB. George
(Area 7)
Quote 0 0
Purest Green
Historically, AML hospitality has started the day in the Kennels before moving on to a suite in the Gurney Pavilion (next door to Ferrari hospitality). It has a great view of the first corner.

It has always been "invitation only" and I wouldn't be hopeful of just a "set of keys" providing access.

Spoiler alert for the photo below!

FOS1.jpg 
Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 1 0
markm3
GeorgeJ wrote:

I believe that Audi have a hospitality suite if you show your key on entry, you’ll hopefully get offered a glass or cup of something!  ðŸ¤—

Might be the wife's BM Z4 now.

Unfortunately I am entertaining client's down there, but hopefully will still be fun!
Quote 0 0
Purest Green

ASTON MARTIN ACCELERATES TOWARDS GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED

• Pre-production DBX SUV, stops at Festival of Speed as part of global testing plan
  • Global dynamic debut of Vantage AMR and DBS Superleggera Volante
  • Festival of Speed will be UK dynamic debut of Rapide E

01 July 2019, Gaydon: 70 years since Aston Martin first raced at the Goodwood Motor Circuit, the luxury British manufacturer returns to Goodwood Festival of Speed as this year’s featured marque. There have been many significant moments in Aston Martin’s long-standing relationship with Goodwood and this year will be no different with Aston Martin showcasing its bold new future and highlights from its past. 

Included in this year’s event will be the global dynamic debut of the DBS Superleggera Volante and the limited edition, Vantage AMR. Unveiled earlier this year, Aston Martin has introduced a 7-speed manual transmission to its true sports car, Vantage. Also featuring dynamic tweaks inspired by motorsport, Vantage AMR delivers a heightened driving experience while commemorating Aston Martin’s 1-2 win at the 24 Hours of Le Mans with a limited edition ‘Vantage 59’ livery.

There will also be an opportunity to see the Rapide E dynamically for the first time in the UK with the high-performance battery electric sportscar driving up the hill from the First Glance paddock. The first electric Aston Martin, driven at Festival of Speed by Aston Martin Racing works driver Darren Turner, is powered by an 800V electrical architecture battery with a 65kWh installed capacity. The battery system powers two rear mounted electric motors that produce a combined target output of just over 610PS and a colossal 950Nm of torque.

Festival of Speed will also be the first time that Aston Martin’s first SUV, DBX, will be heard as it runs up the hill from the First Glance paddock. Due to be unveiled at the end of 2019, the camouflaged pre-production will be driven by Aston Martin’s Chief Engineer, Matt Becker, who will put the SUV through its paces as it nears its global launch date.

Included in the Supercar Paddock will be the Lava Collection which features each of the four Vanquish Zagatos in the now iconic paint colour, Lava Red. Between the four V12 engines there is almost 2,400bhp with only 99 Volantes, Coupes and Shooting Brakes built – only 28 Speedsters were made. The project was announced in 2016 with the final car in the series, Vanquish Zagato Shooting Brake delivered to customers this year. The four models will be joined by the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation which will be on display in Aston Martin hospitality, adding to the celebration of 100 years of Zagato. Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro will also be running, and the current World Endurance Racing Vantage GTE will also be driven up the hill by Aston Martin Racing works driver Jonny Adam who has just returned from competing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Other nods to Aston Martin’s rich history will be made with attendance from great racing cars from pasts successes at Brooklands, Circuit de la Sarthe and Silverstone. Each car will feature in the Aston Martin moment which will occur each day of the Festival of Speed honoring 106-years of racing history.

Aston Martin President and Group CEO, Andy Palmer, said: “We are a business that is currently experiencing a momentous period of growth. Attending the Festival of Speed allows us to showcase our latest developments in electric and SUV technology while celebrating the rich history of our past.

“Aston Martin is proud to have been involved in the Festival of Speed since it began in 1993. It’s a nerve-wracking experience every time I drive up the hill in front of the crowds, the margin for error is tiny, but there is such an extraordinary atmosphere that it is like no other motor show on earth. It’s this excitement that keeps both participants and visitors returning year after year.”

For more information on the attractions at the Goodwood Festival of Speed please visit https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/festival-of-speed/.

- ENDS - 
Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 0 0
GeorgeJ

It has always been "invitation only" and I wouldn't be hopeful of just a "set of keys" providing access.

I’ve spoken to my dealer who told me that “Aston Martin do not have any hospitality at Goodwood other than paying guests at the Gurney pavilion at £750 per ticket”.
ATB. George
(Area 7)
Quote 1 0
Purest Green
FOS2.jpg 

Photo credit: Jon Nicholson
Jamie A.
AMOC Area 00
Quote 1 0
GeorgeJ
Lovely!  Very beautiful and creative way of incorporating the letters A and M into the sculpture!

Thanks for sharing Jamie - just setting off now for overnight stay and will be there tomorrow and Saturday.

Enjoy!
ATB. George
(Area 7)
Quote 0 0