gareth Show full post »
Rich5ltr
As I said earlier in the thread in post #13 it's was the organisers of the, so called, Select Parking at the Festival of Speed that irritated DB7 owners, and rightly so, but nothing to do with the Revival. That is a historic event and the classic display in the 'Over the Road' area is for pre-75 cars while Lavant Straight Parking is for pre-66 cars.

I love the DB7, one of the classic Aston designs and I very nearly bought one in period but there really is no conspiracy against them at the Revival, they get parked with all the other 'moderns'. As has been said the young car park marshals hardly know one classic GT from another so it's impossible to see how any negativity could or would exist.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Rich5ltr wrote:

As I said earlier in the thread in post #13 it's was the organisers of the, so called, Select Parking at the Festival of Speed that irritated DB7 owners, and rightly so, but nothing to do with the Revival. That is a historic event and the classic display in the 'Over the Road' area is for pre-75 cars while Lavant Straight Parking is for pre-66 cars.

I love the DB7, one of the classic Aston designs and I very nearly bought one in period but there really is no conspiracy against them at the Revival, they get parked with all the other 'moderns'. As has been said the young car park marshals hardly know one classic GT from another so it's impossible to see how any negativity could or would exist.

Nicely put Rich5ltr albeit its not just the younger marshalls or judges either. I have come across some right old miserable gits in my time and they also think they know it all when they don't unless your talking to them about the penny farthing or quadracycle and a man out front with a red flag!!!!!! LOL

Age does not mean expert knowledge these days. Knowing your subject does and I for one will never try and pretend I know a lot about something when I don't as you will always get caught out by someone who is either younger or older. There are even some ladies out there who know more!!!!!!! Perish the thought!!!! LOL
Quote 0 0
steeviegeebies
My daughter works at Goodwood at both Revival and FOS and she definitely is not one of those knowledgeable ones!
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
steeviegeebies wrote:

My daughter works at Goodwood at both Revival and FOS and she definitely is not one of those knowledgeable ones!

LOL
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Highlights on ITV4 Tonight at 9PM
Paul
Quote 0 0