NeilMun
Hi

Is anyone aware of whether there is anything being organised by the club for the revival weekend.
I know AML will probably be there with a stand.
I remember seeing a past post that there was a special parking area organised for AMs at last years event.
Could be wrong of course.

Thanks
Quote 1 0
Rich5ltr
Certainly AM Works always have a stand near the chicane and AML usually display something in the Earls Court show which showcases the 'future' of modern motoring. However, I don't recollect seeing AMOC at the event. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Thibaut
Same here, neversaw Amoc at revival.
Will be there on sunday.
Quote 0 0
NeilMun
Thanks both. Appreciate the feedback
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
We are there on the Sunday with the DB 6, (first time with the Aston), I believe there is a special parking area for cars that are road tax free but no idea where it is!

Flash
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
It’s the car park in front of the entrance. The parking attendents will guide you on arrival, no problem.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
The Classic Car parking is at the back of 'Over The Road'. 
Cars are just parked as they arrive, not in specific 'make' areas (as far as I know)
I'll be there Friday to Sunday (but not in my Aston).
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Thank you gentlemen,

I’m won’t be as lost as I could have been!

Flash
Quote 0 0
geoffd
You will need a pass for the tax free car park, ask the ticket office

Geoff
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Thank you, we now have the tickets and the appropriate “tax free car park pass”.

We’ve been going to this event almost since the start, this will probably be the last time we go as it’s become too corporate for us and now just too expensive.

Fair do’s to Lord March for his success but did you see last years turnover and profit on his events.........

Flash
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
We will be there in the DB5. Parked in tax free.
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Mr. Curse,

What colour is your DB 5?

Flash
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Flashcat wrote:
Thank you, we now have the tickets and the appropriate “tax free car park pass”.

We’ve been going to this event almost since the start, this will probably be the last time we go as it’s become too corporate for us and now just too expensive.

Ditto - been every time since 1999 (so that's only the '98 Revival I have missed) however I find myself wondering if I'll go in 2019? The Members Meeting has a good feel to it, albeit sometimes rather cold. My wife doesn't like the FOS so I can slowly see me dropping membership.  

Quote 0 0
360MDB9
Rich5ltr wrote:

Ditto - been every time since 1999 (so that's only the '98 Revival I have missed) however I find myself wondering if I'll go in 2019? The Members Meeting has a good feel to it, albeit sometimes rather cold. My wife doesn't like the FOS so I can slowly see me dropping membership.  
I have always loved the Goodwood Revival. However, her indoors will no longer go as it is way too corporate.  So we are not going this year..... Will have to find another use for my 40s RAF and dress uniforms...... 
Quote 0 0
v.popta
Well, it will be our first Goodwood. Unfortunately we'll be visiting only on friday since we've got obligations to the family.
In the absence of an AMOC-clubstand, is there a place where AMOC-members gather during the weekend?

Toni (proud owner of DB5 2162 since 35 years)
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I am sure you will enjoy it. I tend to use Friday as a walking round day, visiting the paddock and looking at the aircraft display. Then I can watch the racing on Sat/Sun without feeling I've missed something. Friday used to be quieter because it's practice day for setting grid positions with the Kinrara Trophy at the end of the day (Astons, Ferraris, Jaguars etc.) These days I think all 3 days are crowded, although taking the fun fair and stuff over the road has relieved some of the strain on the circuit. 

Quote 1 0
rcfurse
Rather predictably it's a silver car with black interior but it's a darker silver than silver birch. My son and I will set off from London about 7am to try and get ahead of the worst of the traffic. Car plate startts BBP.
If anyone else is going on Sunday from London happy to link up. PM me.
Quote 0 0
Sebastian Tombs
My wife and I are going on Saturday, leaving the DB9 at the Kennels. I last went in 2008 so it's been a while.
We couldn't go last year as we were getting married, so this is a nice anniversary present to ourselves :-D
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
I’ll look out for BBP, mines NYM Sierra Blue DB 6.

Goodwood is just over an hour from here so like you we leave early, just after six as the traffic is now just hopeless.

We take a flask and sit in the stationary traffic jam. Despite the negatives I’ve spoken about it is a great event and to make the best of it need to be there for the three days.

Weather forecast looks good!

Flash

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Flashcat wrote:
...it is a great event and to make the best of it need to be there for the three days.
Exactly what we do, Friday amble down casually, look around, then we stay in Bosham and come back Monday. 

Quote 0 0