mitrovic
Did not know where to put this on "racing" or on "event".

This years fabulous GP Nuvolari ( http://www.gpnuvolari.it ) was won by an Aston Martin International Le Mans 1930
It is the serial winners of the GP Nuvolari and the Mille Miglia Cane / Galliani who as far as I know have the first time won on an Aston Martin

An incredibly fabulous event with over 300 cars at high speed 1000 Kilometers through Italy.
I was there in my Jaguar ( sorry )

Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Fantastic. This is one my 'list of things to do'! Looks like you didn't suffer the rain of last year. Where did you finish?
Quote 0 0
Webby
Lordsoandso wrote:

Where did you finish?

Hopefully at Mantova!
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Quote 0 0
mitrovic
No we did not suffer the rain from 2005. It was much worse!
Partly it was catastrophic rain with very much damage and very much flooding. Short of Viareggio we did "swim" through a tremendous rain. It was at least 20 cm of water on the roads, and it was allready dark. Visibility practically zero!

Once we got caught by a storm when driving with the top down during a series of 6 specials in the mountains. No time to stop for the hood.

Imagine Rimini at saturday night, and then with heavy rain and this after more then 11 hours of motoring with a single pause of 20 minutes....And then... where is my hotel....

Well we were incredibly happy that we made it to Mantova and it was very satisfying and absolutely not evident to make it. Out of 300 cars we got the 96th place. As this was our first GP Mantova and only about 200 ( ! ) cars were classified we were really happy.

The weather was really bad and the car is still wet, but the organisation was amazing, truly. So it was a great and happy experience for us! Do it!

regards

Zoran

Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Brilliant Zoran, thanks. Sounds like a great adventure. I may well meet you there some day, but with DBS demisting capability, I suspect I could finish last!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Your picture of Pisa so much more stylish than mine. Well done!
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Yes, Well done Zoran, & partner!

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
mitrovic
Oh yes Roger the partner! That is one of the best parts of the story.
The navigator should have been a very good friend of mine. But 1 week before the start he got a severe medical problem. I though about cancelling then looked for somebody else and did not find anybody in such short terms.
So my dear wife volunteered, we flew in my parents for the children, and went to the GP.

So imagine over 11 hours in the car, 20 minutes pause, very wet and she still speaks with me ( not the phrase " I keep the house you the cars" ). But Lagonda owners know I have a dear wife as she did let me organise lagondav8 2006!

Zoran

Quote 0 0