MPD
As many of you are aware, we are submitting a claim to Guinness World Records for the largest gathering of Aston Martins at one event.  Our Chairman has asked me to organise this and to correlate the registrations of Aston's present at Blenheim Palace on the 23rd May 2010.

I asked two of the clubs 'Official' photographers to record every car present on the day and both Ian Kendall and Phil Rablin photographed cars in the car park and in the Concours. They submitted these images to me and I have listed all the registration numbers and deleted the duplicates to insure we did not omit any.

I have attached the final list, but before I submit this to Guinness, along with all the paperwork, official signatures and documentation, I ask you to check that if you were present, or know anyone who was present, that your Aston registration is listed.

I will close this official list on the 31st July 2010.

Mark Donoghue
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Mark

What are you going to do with all the photographs? Produce a year book?
Roger I
Quote 0 0
MPD
I am considering producing a poster, with all the cars depicted, that could be purchased from the AMOC Shop....any other ideas will be considered!
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
75th Anniversary Year Book?
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Andre Koneczny
Is it too early to start thinking about the "100th Anniversary"  - in 2014...?
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Why don't the CoM consider producing a book to be made available to all members at a modest price - to cover printing & production costs for example - that shows all the 75th Anniversary events such as Blenheim, the Ball and any other events from our membership around the world that are worthy of inclusion?

2010 is after all a celebratory year so it would be good to have something to remember it by.
I bet that's opened a can of worms!
>
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Andre GTA wrote:

Is it too early to start thinking about the "100th Anniversary"  - in 2014...?
No, not too early at all. And it should stretch from 15th Jan 2013 (when B+M became a Ltd Company) and either 19, Oct 1914 when the first reference to Aston Martin was made in print OR 16th March 1915 when Coal Scuttle was first regsitered for use on the road
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
tim_c
1 RYD is on twice - once with a space and once without
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
gareth
Yep - present, bit a little miffed that its shown as the LAST car on the list!!  ..........I know - its alpabetical...

A yearbook at modest cost does sound like a good idea.
Are individual pictures available?
Quote 0 0
holllandn
9 DKA is on the list twice
Are AVV 76 and AW 76 two separate vehicles?
Are WRP 534 and WRP 53H two seperate vehicles?
Quote 0 0
Andre Koneczny
db7 boy wrote:

Why don't the CoM consider producing a book to be made available to all members at a modest price - to cover printing & production costs for example - that shows all the 75th Anniversary events such as Blenheim, the Ball and any other events from our membership around the world that are worthy of inclusion?

2010 is after all a celebratory year so it would be good to have something to remember it by.
I bet that's opened a can of worms!
>
How about - (Dare I say)..... A 2011 Diary... with all the pictures of all the events for the 75th Anniversary...  something of a "make-up" for the deboggle of Diary 2010...  of course - free to all members......
Kill two birds with one cannon....

(should I run and hide for saying this...?)
Quote 0 0
annereed
With most of our Area Reps now using email to correspond with members, is it worth sending the list out for them to check within their area?

I've sent the list to the Area 13 rep with this suggestion.

Anne
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Didn't see this lovely Mk III on the list...
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
...and is this the GT with no number plate?..
Quote 0 0
stevobland
Page 4.  Good enough for me! A poster commemerating the occasion is an excellent idea
Quote 0 0
NickH
Nick H wrote:

Are AVV 76 and AW 76 two separate vehicles?

Well spotted Nick. I own AVV 76 and she was there but AW 76 seems to be a number that doesn't exist - at least it doesn't come up on any of the databases linked to DVLA or insurers so it might be repetition/ a mistake.
Quote 0 0
atom
I understand that the club registers are due to be updated / reprinted this year or next.  Could some of the pictures be incorporated into those...? 
Quote 0 0
MPD
NickH wrote:

Well spotted Nick. I own AVV 76 and she was there but AW 76 seems to be a number that doesn't exist - at least it doesn't come up on any of the databases linked to DVLA or insurers so it might be repetition/ a mistake.
NickH wrote:

...or someones bad handwriting that I have transposed at AW 76!  Thanks for all you corrections/additions...keep them coming!
Quote 0 0