astro
I wonder how many members realise that the AMOC was founded at the Grafton Hotel, Tottenham Court Road, on May 25th, 1935. There used to be a commemorative plaque on the wall inside the hotel, but I don't know whether it's still there. Anyway, Monday marks the 85th anniversary of our club's foundation. I hope that some of our newer members will be interested.
Quote 5 0
john curtis
Peter, what can you remember about that day? Did you take any pictures ?
Quote 2 0
astro
Not quite that ancient John, but Anne and I did attend the Diamond Jubilee dinner celebration there in 1995. It was a super event and the wine flowed freely. Fortunately, due to parking difficulties, most of us used public transport or Taxis etc. I certainly did my best to run down the Grafton wine stocks.
Quote 1 0
John Purser
I certainly did my best to run down the Grafton wine stocks.
I remember helping you, Peter.
Last time I went there (a year ago?) the plaque was in place.
There was another  lunch for the 80th Anniversary when one of Mort Morris Goodhall's daughters was present.
That was on the EXACT day (and time) that the Club was founded 80 years before.

Quote 2 0
gtjoey
Happy Birthday!
Do we have a sticker or banner we can purchase.
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
gtjoey wrote:
Happy Birthday!
Do we have a sticker or banner we can purchase.

https://www.amoc.org/shop/amoc-85th-anniversary
Quote 0 0
Fallonator
I'm going to wait for the centenary; I will (probably) still be here.
LE 7.0 Lynx Turbo
Quote 1 0
John Purser
After this last episode of Mother Earth settling some disputes with the human race, you are wise to include 'probably'.....
Only 15 years to go.

"the new DB15 has the latest 150 cc 2 cylinder boxer engine used to power the onboard hydrogen generator which gives the 0-60 time of............"
Quote 2 0
gtjoey
Thank you…..
gtjoey1314
Quote 0 0