Nick Duckworth
I'm assuming the forum will move this post on before it gets worn out and past its sell by date 

Happy new year all.  I look forward to meeting more of you (Le Mans?) and at the other events programmed for the year.  Steves' (SJH) DB7 owners gathering at almost the same time will no doubt match up to high expectations due to his continual hard work and commitment to the event.  Yorkshire on the 6th and 7th of June.

I also look forward to new members to ownership and the forum.

Contributions towards the alternative parts list are still required and appreciated, as are all contributions by forumites as ever.

See more of you all in due course I hope.

Other than Tim is anyone going to the NEC Autosport show on the 10th and 11th Jan?

Nick
Quote 0 0
stats007
Happy New Year!

Went to Le Mans last year so won't be going until the classic in 2010. Maybe Goodwood Revival or FOS?

Would be interested in something informal beforehand - MBWorld has hosted numerous car club GTGs for example.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I'm very much looking forward to the DB7 gathering in June, asssuming I'm in as no confirmation yet received. I'm really hoping it's just the Christmas post delay!
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Happy New Year to all happy DB7 owners  ;D
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Happy New Year to all.

For myself, I am planning in '09 to go to: Bonhams Spring auction; Spring concours; Le Mans; David Martinson's Yeovil extravaganza in September; and the Goodwood Revival. I hope to meet some of you at one of these events.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
We might yet have that dinner if we meet at the Spring concours/auction
Quote 0 0
SJH
Happy New Year DB7 owning types...

Hope to meet some of you guys over the next 12-months.

Steve
Quote 0 0
stats007
Is anyone interested in an informal GTG at MBWorld/Brooklands? A good day out with some nice driving roads locally and plenty to do in the event of bad weather.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
It would be a way to go but yes would be interested as it's been many years since my only visit to Brooklands.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I bet my only visit was long before your only visit---very early 60s, they were making VC10s and BAC 111s I think and the first thought of a Supersonic Airliner was being considered---we were shown models of possible designs.
Being a motor racing nut, even then, I was more interested in the banking!!
Quote 0 0
gareth111
A gathering at Brooklands sounds like a good idea to me. I last went there a year or so ago when I went for a "flight" on Concord.
Quote 0 0
keithbrignell
What an excellent idea.  I vaguely remember a friend of my father showing us around the front section of Concorde being built there in the late 60's
Quote 0 0
gareth111
For those who would like a little more info on MB World, here s a link courtesy of stats007.
http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/MBWorldBrooklands.html
and this is the link to the Brooklands Museum, courtesy of me.
http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/
Quote 0 0