breezer
The father of our favourite car is giving a talk there on 29th June. Annoyingly I'm not in London that weekend, but I imagine a few of you would appreciate it!
I have no affiliation with the DPG, but having just moved to the area I noticed this in the local magazine.
Quote 0 0
tmorgan
Thanks - will hopefully get there
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
breezer wrote:

The father of our favourite car is giving a talk there on 29th June. Annoyingly I'm not in London that weekend, but I imagine a few of you would appreciate it!
I have no affiliation with the DPG, but having just moved to the area I noticed this in the local magazine.

I wonder if the DPG will allow any Astons to park right outside their front doors as there is a rather nice hard standing area there which I have parked on in the past when there and it would accommodate around 30 cars if parked sensibly and in some sort of nice arrangement.

I am NOT an art fan but I have been there for other reasons and the facilities are good.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
WayneB
Would love to go but the Lear Jet is in for service.

One day .
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
v12 volante man wrote:
I am NOT an art fan

Well you are Brendan because you've got a DB7
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Rich5ltr wrote:

Well you are Brendan because you've got a DB7

I stand corrected Rich !!!!! I wonder if mine is worth MILLIONS then according to Waynes message of mine being in a famous book or is it just famous as the book is worth MILLIONS!!!!!!!! hee hee

Get the Jet serviced Wayne and get over here!!!!!! LOL.

This could actually be a great opportunity for us DB7 gang to meet up if work and life commitments allow. At least we all have around 3 weeks to find out.

I am going to look into it anyway.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
spenc1s
Can't find it on the DPG site?
Quote 0 0
John37
It's well hidden on the GPG site but details are here
http://www.dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk/ian-callum-a-life-in-design/

It runs alongside this
http://www.dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk/jaguars-on-the-lawn-with-ian-callum/
Quote 0 0
weeksp
Well what a great day today at Dulwich Picture Gallery !   Fantastic weather - lovely cars and most importantly a very interesting and informative talk by Ian Callum himself on his life so far in design !!  All for £8 entry fee !   A relatively small affair with plenty of opportunity for both myself and Brendan to meet the man who saved Aston Martin and is now doing a pretty good job at Jaguar.  What a lovely unassuming guy - a pleasure to talk to and chance for us to get a photo or two with him and our respective DB7 service books signed by the man himself !     What a fantastic day in every sense - worth the 270 mile round trip & 6 1/2 hours driving !            
Quote 0 0
weeksp
breezer wrote:

I Meant to say a huge thank you to Breezer for the tip off re the above !! without which both myself and Brendan would have not been aware of this great mans talk !! Many thanks again !!!
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
weeksp wrote:

Well what a great day today at Dulwich Picture Gallery !  Fantastic weather - lovely cars and most importantly a very interesting and informative talk by Ian Callum himself on his life so far in design !!  All for £8 entry fee !  A relatively small affair with plenty of opportunity for both myself and Brendan to meet the man who saved Aston Martin and is now doing a pretty good job at Jaguar.  What a lovely unassuming guy - a pleasure to talk to and chance for us to get a photo or two with him and our respective DB7 service books signed by the man himself !    What a fantastic day in every sense - worth the 270 mile round trip & 6 1/2 hours driving !           

+1 Paul, Meeting the DB7  (God) father and saviour of AM was a total pleasure for us both and nothing was too much for him I have to say and second. A really top bloke in every sense and his good lady was also a right laugh too.  Ian was a bit worse for wear though as he had been tripping the light fantastic the previous day @ Goodwood but is presentation was faultless and extreamly interesting to listen to.

It was very nice to also hear from Ian that we both share the exact same tastes in our cars, Jaguars, Fords, Astons and the good olde American muscle cars which he owns. He even let us into some trade secrets of things to come " SOON " and he did not rule out a FULL return to AM either with maybe a " NEW DB7 " on the cards !!!!!!!!!!!. I guess we will all have to wait and see.

I am proud to say I have met Ian Callum, shook his hand, had a drink with him and he signed both mine and Pauls books which will be worth " MILLIONS " now !!!!!! hee hee, and we had our pictures taken with him too. A great day and well worth the 3 hour traffic jam in London Village on the way home.

I was disappointed not to see a lot more AM owners there though but we both really enjoyed ourselves all day long.

I also spotted Ben Elton on his driveway getting out of his new AM ( 853 BOM ) I think it read next to his Range Rover ( NOT 2B ) on Chelsea Embankment.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
weeksp wrote:
I Meant to say a huge thank you to Breezer for the tip off re the above !!  without which both myself and Brendan would have not been aware of this great mans talk !!   Many thanks again !!!

+1 Paul, thanks breezer for the tipp off. Its shame Russell was not there as there were lots of folk wearing RED trousers and eating bacon sandwiches and he would of had a ball. !!! Hee hee
Quote 0 0
DB5311
The lack of AM cars present at the DPG may well have been due to the Goodwood FS and the AMOC Racing Festival at Brands Hatch where the DB7’s were the feature display model. A most unfortunate clash of events.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
DB5311 wrote:

The lack of AM cars present at the DPG may well have been due to the  Goodwood FS and the AMOC Racing Festival at Brands Hatch where the DB7’s were the feature display model. A most unfortunate clash of events.

Yes but our gain as there is NO way we would have got up close and personal with Ian Callum at the other 2 events like we did at DPG. Not a chance.
Quote 0 0
weeksp
v12 volante man wrote:

Yes but our gain as there is NO way we would have got up close and personal with Ian Callum at the other 2 events like we did at DPG. Not a chance.
Very true Brendan - I think there were only 3 Aston fans there and we made up two thirds of them !  It was a fantastic opportunity to meet such a great unassuming guy one to one !! that sort of chance comes along very rarely !  we were in the right place at the right time !! 
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
weeksp wrote:

Very true Brendan - I think there were only 3 Aston fans there and we made up two thirds of them !  It was a fantastic opportunity to meet such a great unassuming guy one to one !! that sort of chance comes along very rarely !  we were in the right place at the right time !! 

Too bloody true Paul. A fabulous day it was.
Quote 0 0