astro
Most members will have read the report in AMQ, regarding the special event which was held last year at Churt, near Hindhead, Surrey in support of the Help for Heroes organisation. Although entry was entirely free, the event raised a princely sum of £20,000 for the wonderful charity which supports our wounded and disabled servicemen and women.
I am pleased to announce that Area 21 is supporting a repeat event which will be even bigger this year on Sunday 22nd August.
We anticipate the attendance of at least 300 cars from the AMOC, The BDC, The Lagonda Club, the Alvis Club and some others. As last year, all food ( Hog Roasts, ice Cream and Desserts etc),  and drink will be free, courtesy of various sponsors and Robert Lewis. There will be another fun auction and free viewing of Robert's private car collection (All concours and well worth seeing). Even a walk around Robert's lakes and landscaped gardens is worth the visit, but there will be many other attractions to enjoy.... even more than last year.
Parking will be totally free and there is plenty of space in the fields surrounding Robert's house. All that we ask is for a voluntary donation to the cause; convenient collection buckets will be strategically located around the central area.
Please bring your Aston (or any other classic) to enjoy a great day out for the whole family (roundabout etc for the kids), and let either John Glyde (01252- or Peter Chapman-Rapkins (02392- know if you are coming along. We need this info for catering purposes.
Once again, remember all money raised goes to support our brave servicemen and women who have been gravely injured in the service of our country.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Excellent event, hope I'm not working that day.
Quote 0 0
astro
V12 MCC wrote:

Excellent event, hope I'm not working that day.
I'm glad that you think so.. We have already received a number of bookings, so I am hoping that we shall get a good Aston attendance. I can promise that it will be a good "DO".
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I attended this event last year and can confirm it was indeed a good do! I will certainly be there again this year and will also bring my brother along in his Healey 3000 if that's ok? I will register my interest with John & Peter to let them know.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Prattking
I am going to this event but do not have the address. Can anyone help?
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Best bet is to call John or Peter, numbers at the top of this thread.

Quote 0 0
astro
Sorry for the delay in response to the last posting.....Full raod directions to the venue from N, E, S and W plus the full postal address and postcode should be printed in the next AM News. (When it is eventually published!)
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Quick reminder about this tomorrow, looks like we may just be lucky with the weather, they are forecasting rain of biblical proportions by early evening! See you there.  Rich...

Quote 0 0
Prattking
What a fabulous day even allowing for the rain shower at lunch time. The motor collection was mind blowing. Whoever does the paint jobs should go and advise Aston Martin !!!!.
Roll on next year.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Agree about the paintwork. I was looking at the BRG XK 120 near the front of the first motor house and despite it obviously being used to race the paint had a glass like mirror finish. 

Quote 0 0
Mike_db7
What a very enjoyable day, my thanks to everyone concerned.

Mike H
Quote 0 0