Webby
Aston Martin's Hybrid Hydrogen Rapide S will make its UK competition debut this weekend at the Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb in Worcestershire.
Quote 0 0
Bruno
Childish display of slowing down every 50 yards or so, then dumping the clutch & s'p'inning its wheels, not a competitive display of what it could actually do, childish display for car park  morons who think wheel spinning requires any skill.
However a good meeting otherwise, lots of DB9s, modern AM V8s etc, a few DB4s, some DB6s, a few AM V8s from the 70s in the displays.
Fantastic drives by David Franklin in the ex Bob Fowler, Paul Ebrey, Geoff Harris DB4 GT & Paul Hipwell in the family DBS V8.
Good drives by others in the Aston class, Steve Bamford fastest of the Feltham's in Alan Wheatley's ex Works DB2 Lightweight.
Fantastic last run of the day in the Top 12 Run off by Scott or Roger Moran with a 23.31 second run which was the fastest of the day but I think wasn't quite a hill record but must have been close.
Saw lots of people we haven't seen for some time, good to see them after a number of years.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Bruno wrote:

Childish display of slowing down every 50 yards or so, then dumping the clutch & sinning its wheels, not a competitive display of what it could actually do, childish display for car park  morons who think wheel spinning requires any skill.

Sounds like TopGear
Quote 0 0
Webby
I'm not sure the hybrid is ready for serious competition just yet. Anyone who 'sins' their wheels has my vote however.
Quote 0 0
tm
Wonderful event, huge crowd of spectators, very large display of Astons in the car park, good competition on the hill, a very friendly atmosphere set in beautiful countryside what a great way to spend a weekend. Dare I say it reminiscent of Wiscombe many years ago.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Ah, Wiscombe !! Some fine times were spent there and so many laughs and great competition. And so many Feltham cars competing.
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
I was thinking of going until I realised how far away it was ........... maybe next year
Paul
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Great competition at Wiscombe, especially the Beer boat race
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Webby wrote:

I'm not sure the hybrid is ready for serious competition just yet. Anyone who 'sins' their wheels has my vote however.

Quote 0 0
David Lewington
A very enjoyable day.

Did the 250 mile round trip with Richard Loveys in his 1½ Litre; we had a puncture on the way back just as we had in my DBS on the way back from Le Mans in June, although we were going slightly faster that time
Quote 0 0
tm
http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/clubnews/content.asp?ni=336
This report shows a flavour of the event
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
I went to the practice on Saturday. We all lined up for the parade up the hill at lunch time and where very pleased
when we were all spaced out at 30 second intervals for a good blast up the hill.
There were an awful lot of big grins when we reached the marshalling area at the top, waiting to come back down.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0