2 RPB

Independent Centenary Tour GT13
London  to  St Tropez
21st July to 30th July 2013

ITINERARY

• 21st  July  Depart Ashford  Kent Channel Tunnel 10am arrive Calais 11.30am  drive Reims and hotel L’Assiette Chamenoise. (195 miles)
    [*] 22nd  Continue our journey on quite carefully selected back roads which should see us make good time to arrive early afternoon  at Abbey de la Bussiere to taste some of the finest Burgandy wine. (146 Miles)
    [*] 23rd Today’s drive to Gerardmer in the Vosges mountain region north east of France to the Bas Rupts Et Chalet Fleuri (146 Miles)
    [*] 24th A couple of alternative routes prepared for today which take us into Switzerland and the Hotel Du Lac Vevey on the shores of Lake Geneva. (172 Miles )
    [*] 25th A leisure day
    [*] 26th On our drive today  we will pass through Italy and back into France passing Chamonix Mont Blanc on the way to Auberge Du Pere Bise situated on the  water’s edge of lake Annecy (114 Miles )
    [*] 27th The longest drive of the tour compensated by a wealth of stunning roads fantastic views, vistas to Alpes de Haute Provence region to Le Couvent des Minimes nestled in the hillside in the Provencal sunshine ( 196 Miles )
    [*] 28th The final leg of the tour drive is just ( 61 Miles ) of leisurely driving to Var/Lorgues and Chateau De Berne sitting thirty miles inland from St Tropez.
    [*] 29th Time to unwind with a leisure day
    [*] 30th After a hearty breakfast time to start the remainder of your holiday.

WHAT IS INCLUDED.

[*]  Train crossing on Le Shuttle from Ashford in Kent to Calais
    [*]  Return Crossing from Calais at date and time of your choice.
    [*]  Hotel accommodation, three course dinner with wine, breakfast use of hotel facilities
    [*]  Car parking charges where applicable
    [*]  Maps French map scale 3klm to 1 cm route marked in map
    [*]  Direction sheet for all routes, separate notes of route for use with satellite Navigation, post code road numbers town’s road names.
    [*]  Rally stickers

PRICE.

£4915 per couple per car.
    Payment 20% deposit to secure the booking by 12th January. £983.
    Balance £3932.00 to be paid to hotels by end April 2013

Booking and enquiries

Richard Barber Area 22 membership No F25984

rpb26@hotmail.com  Tel 01453 861367.

A non-profit making, no charge for my time planning arranging hotels or administration has been made in the costing.
    I will present to any participant requesting them copies of invoices and proof of payment.

Any questions queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Wishing you all a Happy Christmas
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Quick question; as this section of the forum is for AMOC members only can I ask what this tour is independent of?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Perhaps it would be better describes as 'an alternative tour'?
Quote 0 0
rodgpeace
Who is this tour targetted at? What cars will "ideally" make up the core of this alternative tour?
Quote 0 0
Edsun
rodgpeace wrote:

Who is this tour targetted at? What cars will "ideally" make up the core of this alternative tour?

Can't be targeted at Gaydon Vantage's or Volantes - no luggage van on this tour, no luggage space in the cars, so they will run out of fresh shirts and toothpaste by day 3. I love Talloires on Lake Annecy, and perhaps could be tempted. As I have a decent size four seater, perhaps I could carry luggage at a small cost for those who don't have the space themselves?
Quote 0 0
Bruno
An alternative to the hideously expensive AMOC organised Centenary tour ?
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
I think having an alternative tour is a very good idea. I cannot make the dates for the European tour so having one on different dates is a good alternative. Unfortunately I cannot make the dates for this one either which is a shame.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Bruno wrote:

An interesting pint of view Bruno. All TOur options are good and the Social organised Tour has LOTS of content such as a visit to Zagato, a day on Lake Como, Mille Miglia museum, Monza track event included and so on. At current time we have 45 members paid up and a further 7 looking like coming as well.
Good luck Richard, I am sure it will be great fun........and a good alternative to attending the London Concours on the 21st July!
Quote 0 0
Prattking
We keep on hearing about this concours on 21stJuly. Is it going to happen and where will it be held ??
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Prattking: Sorry I am not sure where but best to ask the club Chairman - maybe he can confirm where it will be.
All I know for certain is that it is definitely on the agenda for 21st July but I know that Mark Donoghue who runs Concours has been, shall we say, frustrated by the London "power rangers" who seem to manage to thwart his best efforts at every turn. It has, I suspect, been one hell of a task to resolve.
Maybe there will be an announcement soon :/
I know there is a CoM meeting tonight and perhaps something will be announced or decided on there and maybe it will trickle down to the membership.
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
I do know that Mark has been working very hard to get this resolved.  I am really surprised that some of the venues mentioned don't want us!
Quote 0 0
Edsun
Bruno wrote:

The AMOC tour is very expensive, but on a per couple basis, circe 7290 euros v 4915 sterling, is only roughly 23% more than Richard's independent tour. Obviously totally like-to-like comparisons on value for money are slightly challenging, including calculations as to which is worth more, a  Eurotunnel ticket or laps at Monza, etc. Neither tour is inexpensive, but neither are first class European hotels (or fuel or servicing for an Aston). Each tour has it's own merits and I would not have thought that the comparative costs were the primary issue.

You are perhaps better off to choose your tour by which dates suited you better, or which roads and hotels you most wanted to visit.

I would go on whichever tour would have more congenial company. However, as I know no one here, I have no idea which tour that would be!

Advice welcome.
Quote 0 0
Edsun
Forgot to ask - any bridge players on this tour?
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Avoid the one with the larger percentage of red trouser wearers.
Quote 0 0