desousa
A group of Aston Martin owners in Portugal have organised an informal visit to the Douro Valley on May 23/24, starting from Porto.
AML Sport, S.A., the local AML dealer, provides administrative and logistic support.
For further information contact Diogo Souto e Castro at dcastro@jaguar.pt or +351.96.121.5950
José de Sousa
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Damn I'm in the Eastern Med at that time. have a good trip.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
It's not that far for me, Martin, would you like me to take your car ? ;D
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
john curtis wrote:

It's not that far for me, Martin, would you like me to take your car ? ;D
Need someone to look after it for me whilst I'm away John! It's going to miss the Silverstone track day and the Curborough sprint. I love Portugal and wish I could afford the September tour. I'll take her one day as the A22 was specifically designed for her!
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I'm up for it if someone could sponsor the cost of the Ferry  and everything else !  :-\
I'm sure you will have a great time , just wish I could be there.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
"Sponsor"...that's a fast disappearing word nowadays 
Quote 0 0
john curtis
V12 MCC wrote:

Need someone to look after it for me whilst I'm away John! It's going to miss the Silverstone track day and the Curborough sprint. I love Portugal and wish I could afford the September tour. I'll take her one day as the A22 was specifically designed for her!
I'm well familiar with Curborough. If you can get the car there I'll come over. No problem with start money, I'll waive that.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
john curtis wrote:

I'm well familiar with Curborough. If you can get the car there I'll come over. No problem with start money, I'll waive that.
You'll need to bring about £150,000 in sponsorhip monies John. let me know when you've got it.  ;D
Quote 0 0
desousa
desousa wrote:

A group of Aston Martin owners in Portugal have organised an informal visit to the Douro Valley on May 23/24, starting from Porto.
AML Sport, S.A., the local AML dealer, provides administrative and logistic support.
For further information contact Diogo Souto e Castro at dcastro@jaguar.pt or +351.96.121.5950
José de Sousa
With a total distance of some 300 miles over two days, the event atracted 21 participants (and unfortunately a few others could not join because of accomodation constraints). Only 2 "classics", a 1966 DB6 and a 1950 DB2 DHC, plus a fairly comprehensive mixture of modern models, including DB 7's, V8 Vantages, DB 9's and a Vanquish. Not bad for the very first ever event organised in this country!
We will post some pictures of the event.
Good drives!
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I wish I could have made it 22. Look forward to the pics.
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
I'm sorry I am confused; I thought the event was 23-24 May...
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
nmv2and3 wrote:

I'm sorry I am confused; I thought the event was 23-24 May...
Me too.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Manyana?
Quote 0 0
desousa
Apologies if I confused everybody!
Indeed, the event takes place on May 22/23. My comments were about the entry list...
Sorry for that.
Jose
Quote 0 0
desousa
desousa wrote:

With a total distance of some 300 miles over two days, the event atracted 21 participants (and unfortunately a few others could not join because of accomodation constraints). Only 2 "classics", a 1966 DB6 and a 1950 DB2 DHC, plus a fairly comprehensive mixture of modern models, including DB 7's, V8 Vantages, DB 9's and a Vanquish. Not bad for the very first ever event organised in this country!
We will post some pictures of the event.
Good drives!
Just back from a woderful weekend. Good hotel, good food, nice empty roads, good scenery, good company, even the weather held up with no rain.
Everybody considered it a great success. Many suggestions for a second editiion... 
As promised I enclose  afew pictures. Enjoy.
Jose
Quote 0 0
desousa
And some more...
Quote 0 0
desousa
And 2 more...
Quote 0 0