db7 boy
Hello all. The eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted the picture on the front page of the website and the details of the upcoming International Dinner. As ever, this should be a great event and tickets are already selling very well. Due to the size of the dining hall at Oriel college, we have a maximum number of places available.

Thus far the expressions of interest in coming to the event slightly exceed the total places available by about ten percent so if you want to join us on the night of 19th May please be sure to call Shirley at Club HQ and pay for your ticket as soon as possible.

If you are driving to the venue, parking in Oxford is a nightmare in day time but after 18.30 the very expensive day time car parks are mostly free of charge. ;D ;D

A link to the location and approx distances from the College can be found in the detail on the website. PLEASE do not let any perceived by parking issue put you off coming, there are car parks within a few minutes walk and we intend to run a coach from the Hotels, so those staying locally will not have to worry about driving on the night.
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Does anyone else think the college flag is at half mast in the photo - is that an omen for the dinner??
Quote 0 0
Webby
I wondered about that. Presumably the photograph was taken when some notable had popped his clogs?
Quote 0 0
atfms
I have managed to book 2 tickets, but have had less luck with the accommodation, all the places at the Oxford Spires and Oxford Thames have gone. As I am not familiar with the area, can anyone suggest any alternative accommodation, ideally not too far away, as it might not be possible to drive to the venue.

Andrew Forret
Quote 0 0
David W.
We treat the Randolph Hotel as a second home when in Oxford. It's city centre location makes it and easy walk home from most functions, has parking and worth the cost.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Thank you David and oddly enough being concerned at the difficulty of getting accommodation locally, I spoke to the college yesterday afternoon and they suggested the Randolph. I have therefore put 15 rooms - all they would let me have - on a reserve for AMOC members. Speak to Emily in reservations on 01865 256400 and she has agreed a rate of £210 a night B&B. It is a short walk to the venue.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE car parks near the venue (about 2 minutes) are free of charge after 6.230 so driving and parking nearby is a possibility.
I am sorry about the parking issue and also the Hotels but it seems that this years Concours and International Dinner have coincided with a graduation weekend ........!

THe flag is indeed at half mast but it is a lovely photograph of the building and quad and the one they let me have - let's hope that it is not an Omen! If you have not been able to book a ticket please do go on the reserve list as I have a pretty good inkling that some extra spaces may be found.

Hope this helps,

Mike Miller. Socom.
Quote 0 0
atfms
Michael, I have tried to book a room at the Randolph, but they say the reservation has not been confirmed and can only offer rooms at £275?
Andrew Forret
Quote 0 0
Downr
i think i pm'd this to one or two people. But if you can't get into the randolph you might want to try the Old Bank Hotel (i have to confess i actually worked in it as a graduate when it was still a bank). Its always been very nice when i've stayed there, its about 150 yards from Oriel College and has its own small car park around the back
Quote 0 0
Downr
actually 150 yards is probably over-playing it, as the back entrance kind of overlooks the back of Oriel college
Quote 0 0
mafreeman
I have a room at the Randolph about $250 something according to Mrs F however you must pre book the hotel car park as it has 35 spaces max, coment was "we seem to have a few Astons for that weekend" i did suggest a AMOC block booking would lead to people arriving with Astons 
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Sorry about the Randolph block booking - I asked them to keep 20 rooms for AMOC and they agreed. Then when I called them to book a room for my son they told me they had no knowledge of any booking for AMOC..........and then mentioned they had no rooms available at that time anyway! : ???
It seems the weekend of 19th May is also a graduation weekend and as a consequence the Hotels can sell all the rooms they have with ease.

Fortunately everything else is going to plan. 
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
For those of you coming to the Oriel Dinner and planning to visit the Concours the following day please note that Mark Donoghue has had to change the venue due to the ground being waterlogged at Broughton Castle.
See the posting made in EVENTS under Spring Concours Venue Change for details.
The new venue, Waddesdon Manor is probably no further to travel on the Sunday.
Quote 0 0