Russell
certainly one of the largest car meets in the south of england. astons nowhere. Austin 1100 no less than 17 i counted let alone just about every single marque there is going and loads of them and well organised all together. astons sod all. VW camoers had about a dozen.
counted one red DBS surprisingly another virage 6.3 volante who parked next to me.
its on tommorrow as well for anyone that fancies it as it is a great day and i doubt anything less than 500 or so classic cars maybe more as im crap at counting.
am amazed i didn't see more astons there. shocking considering what cars we own. 
if amoc cant be arsed to organise something for such a car show then will organise it myself for next year as its my home town. was embarrassed.
will be there tommorrow for anyone that fancies it. will park in the middle of the field where you cant miss me so come join me whatever you have.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Sadly, I have a family commitment tomorrow but I will be there next year if you're on for it.
Quote 0 0
Virage Volante
In the North of England, where Astons are fewer and further between, we have consistently had an excellent turnout to the Newby hall classic, North Yorkshire. Courtesy of the Yorkshire area Asst Rep we are given pride of place adjacent to the Hall itself. There were 1300+ classics this year including 20 or so Astons. We have had as many as 45. Suggest you talk to your area rep and make similar arrangements.
Quote 0 0
Russell
sounds like what we should be doing here. knebworth is in the middle of about four areas. amazed no presence. shouldnt the area reps be contacting us though.
Quote 0 0
Virage Volante
Bring it up at your area AGM.
Quote 0 0
Russell
tent, chairs, electric fridge, champagne, chatueauneuf, bandol, strawberries, pancetta, scotch eggs, pork pies, salmon, quiche, roast chickens, pate, french bread, huge cheeseboard, and a ton of scrummy cakes .
a great day and got got joined by tim in an DB7.
mate came in a 535m and parked with us then within 10 mins we had more ferraris than astons. cant win.
i will be there next year so if any of the areas reps want to orgainse something as well then be my guest.
Quote 0 0
beershark
I live within 20 minutes of this location and have regularly attended this event. Over the years I have noticed that, along with others of its calibre, it is getting steadily more and more downmarket and attracting much fewer quality clubs and cars.  I would, though, bring something interesting if the club wished to have a presence next year.
Quote 0 0
Russell
only gets better if you put the effort in. was a good turn out this year but needs a boost from some of the more exotic types to get a better balance. i am sure it would only take one top marque to do it in style to get the other clubs to follow suit but if everyone knocks it and cant be arsed then it will never get better. 5 countach were there. we didnt beat that.
i now have 5 friends with astons that will be there with me next year, you would make seven anyone else would make more.
i am not an area rep from any of the three bordering regions but if they got their heads together then for actual potential, i went to the essex meet once and there were at least a dozen there one night and they are a lovely 45 min ride through the country to us and some really nice cars. went to the northants meet and there were 8 there, now add herts we must be able to get 6. now we are talking 30+ astons. altogether a different proposition. as london is only 40mins away we could encourage a lot more.
as i have said i will be there next year with a few friends, would be nice to say with a lot of friends.
Quote 0 0