u118075
Entries are now being taken for this non-timed event. Go to http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk to see what you've been missing. Five year plan in place to grow the event after the success of the last two years. Run totally by volunteers with all profits going to several charities. £30+K raised last year.
Plenty of paddock parking available if unable to gain an entry to "demonstrate" on the hill. See booking procedures on our website.
Quote 0 0
vlad
I shall do everything in my power to attend.
Quote 0 0
marcos
I'm registered to do the run in the Marcos, should be a grand day out!
Quote 0 0
u118075
Several Astons entered for this historic revival. Post-war list is now full but a few spaces still available for pre-war cars.
Held on the edge of the Chilterns near Princes Risborough, Bucks. Ideally suited to area 10 members. Runs on both Saturday 24th and Sunday the 25th of September. http://www.kophillclimb.org.uk
Put it in the diary.
Quote 0 0
stevobland
There was a small amount of Astons in the display area last year. I'm sure area 10 reps organised it.
Really was a good day out 
Quote 0 0
u118075
Entries are now closed for this event (unless you have something very special)

Full house both days. Over 50 motorbikes, about 130 pre-war and 170 post-war cars taking part not to mention (but I will) Dick Skipworth's Ecurie Ecosse collection, a calvalcade of E Types plus some very "un-ordinary moderns"

Go to the kophillclimb website and click on Entrants (on topline) then Listing (in the green side box) to see the full entry. Impressed? You should be and remember this is no static display. All vehicles will run the hill atleast three or four times. Best 10 quid you'll ever spend.

OK. Plug over!
Quote 0 0
u118075
In case members are unaware, A3 the 'Aston' Martin that Lionel Martin built and drove at Kop Hill in 1924 will again attend in Simon Fisher's careful hands. Don't miss out on this bit of historic nostalgia!
Quote 0 0
u118075
An update on A3.

It seemed at one point that the car wasn't going to attend but Mike Thompson has come to the rescue as he wants to take it up Kop Hill and will bring it on a trailer for Saturday only. It will then go on to the Autumn concours for the Sunday. See history being made!
Quote 0 0
u118075
Celebs at Kop Hill

For the younger members of the community!? local resident JK (of Jamiroquai) hopes to make an appearance both days. A'67 Ferrari 275 and '71 works Porsche will demonstrate on the hill whilst a couple of his other collection of cars will be in the paddock.

Another Kay (Hilary) of the BBC's Roadshow will also be there on Saturday to check out the more antique of you! 
Quote 0 0
Webby
A3 at the Kop Hill CLimb.

Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
U118075,

Thanks for putting this on the forum. I went yesterday and had a great day. Only three Astons (other than the new ones) but a good selection of other bikes and cars.

Thanks
Ocky
Paul
Quote 0 0
BaldockMark
I went along to watch on Sunday in my DB7 V V  - it was a great day out and i definitely intend entering next year
Quote 0 0
u118075
On behalf of "the committee" may I thank all those members who attended and supported the event. Stonking success! Early days but serious money made for several charities with an conservative estimate of 12,000+ spectators over the weekend.

Plenty of "stuff" on our website with links to facebook and twitter. YouTube has some interesting clips. DVD already available on ebay.

Five year plan in place. Date for next year to be confirmed but probably 22/23 September.

Chris Evans made a guest appearance on the Saturday but in the wrong sort of car.

Told you not to miss it! Constructive comments welcome.
Quote 0 0
u118075
Just to let you know we raised 40k for numerous local charities this year, c50% up on last year. Again, many thanks to all who supported us. Estimated 12,000 spectators! Note, we have no paid helpers. An almost unique event given the range of cars and bikes involved.

Updated website hopefully up and and running by the New Year. We're now firmly in the calendar for the 22/23rd of Sept 2012.
Quote 0 0
vlad
What is the likelihood of this event regaining competitive status?
Quote 0 0
u118075
vlad wrote:

What is the likelihood of this event regaining competitive status?

Nil. I believe you need an Act of Parliament to even contemplate running a competitive event on a public road in the UK.

Not what Kop Hill is about. It's purely a fun event without too many H & S issues and hence able to raise as much money as possible for local charities. This year a good proportion went to youth organisations. For the classic car/bike world to be "healthy" we hope to support and encourage as many youngsters as possible.
Quote 0 0