u118075
Just a reminder that it's the Kophill Climb next weekend, held on the outskirts of Princes Risborough, Bucks. This is a non timed event and attracts a huge variety of cars. They all have to be road registered as it's run under a road closure both days.

The Centenary welcomes back a car that changed history.The Brescia Bugatti Cordon Bleu formerly owned by Raymond Mays, caused an accident in 1925 that led to road racing being banned in UK mainland to this day and now returns to open the event in 2010.

Bikes and cars range from 1904 to 1972 plus a clutch of modern day machines. Look out for the Ecurie Ecosse racing Jaguars from the 1950's with transporter! a McLaren sports car, Bugatti Veyron plus the club's own A3. Strastones are bringing some modern Astons as well. Best fiver you'll ever spend! Check out http://www.kophillclimb.info for further details. Even my DB6 is having a blast.

Rgds Jim Bounden (event team organizer, one of!)

PS 30K raised for charity last year.
Quote 0 0
stevobland
I'll be there 
Quote 0 0
stevobland
What a brilliant day! Such a vast range of vehicles all in one place. Sunshine as well.
Great to see A3 going up the hill. Wizzo Williams blasted off in an Eccurie Jag, left most of his rubber on the road

Well done to those who organized the event. 

I hope AMOC is better represented today (Sunday), only four Astons in 'our' paddock.....
Quote 0 0
rodgpeace
It was a great day, yesterday.
A3 looked good and performed. Wizzo and the various Bugattis where great to watch.
Then in my DB6 it was indeed fun to decide how much tyre spin to have at the start, go flat out up the hill on a "Closed" road with gradient reaching 1 in 6, or 1 in 4 (depends who is measuring!).
Suggest more Astons participate next year if the event is repeated, especially for any pre-war owners.
Quote 0 0
u118075
Stevie Eight.

Thanks for the complimentary posting.

rodpeace.

Untrusted the DB6 to my son to run up the hill on the Saturday. Believe you had a quick chat together.
As you say, more Astons should have been there. You all miissed something special!!
Quote 0 0
stevobland
Pity I couldn't get my V8 a run. Too new aparently.
Now a DBSV8 would work........
Quote 0 0