Wedgie Show full post »
Wedgie
and
Roger I
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
I love reading about Lagonda trips.  You wedgie lovers just have to be a good group of people with a great sense of humor.   

I know it’s not accurate and probably not very fair, but a composite of several Lagonda trip stories would read like a medical history in my head and go something like this:

Started trip, got out of driveway but immediately experienced an ignition failure.  Sorted that.  Drove 18 miles, dashboard failed halfway through the roundabout.  Coasted out of the traffic flow and parked.  Dashboard came back to life and Lag is running smoothly.  Didn’t touch anything, no idea on cause.  Drove 53.5 miles, noticed blue cloud in rearview mirror.  Dismantled engine and replaced head gasket while the rest of the group enjoyed a fabulous lunch and some excellent wine.  Drove 42 miles  with ticking sound becoming increasingly more present.  Suspect valve issue.  Managed another 28 miles before running into a downpour.  As the wipers wouldn’t activate, took opportunity to repair valves in a covered shelter.  Gorgeous supermodel in Fezza stops in shelter to admire Lag and demands I come away with her for the weekend.  I’m agreeable but wife voices opposition by making threatening noises so I politely declined.  Scorned supermodel leaves me to complete valve adjustments in a cloud of exhaust fumes and burned rubber.  Arrived at destination just as dashboard started blinking indecipherable Morse code message at me jsut before all the electrics went offline.  Parked.  Had a great two days filled with excellent food and good company, but no more supermodels.
Quote 0 0
Webby
I like the way you massage their ego with the supermodel fantasy Wolf. You get my vote for President. OK, you don't have much competition but still...
Quote 0 0
Russell
was thinking exactly the same thing wolf, their stories are as funny as heck and all said matter of fact like removing a dashboard was something you did whilst still in the fast lane on the way to a waiting prawn cocktail somewhere.
hilarious guys, keep it up.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Wolf, Russell, etc

Yes. It is just like that! Great!

Pure Wedge.

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
williamp
I'm feeling the Wedge. Great photos. Glad you had a good time

W.
Quote 0 0
mitrovic
Yes, it was a fantastic event!
Now, organised for the third time, the organisers had so many details in mind.
The prizes were beautifully made, everyone got a Lagonda-shirt and everyone got a personalised model of his car (!!!!)

The event was again set on a great location just on the shore of the „Bodensee“

The cars which attended prooved extremely reliable, as my and Bernard‘s daily driver show! I use my Lagonda everyday, drove it to Lindau, then down to the british car meeting in Mollis, and on monday, again the everyday drive. No problem at all, everything works.

But you should have heard the comments of the people in Lindau and in Mollis which admired our cars, here some excerpts:

- „Wow, those are Aston Martins....“

- „Look there, the James Bond car....“

-“Now finally something really special, come park in this special area“

- „This is a L...A....G...una“

- „What a f***ingly beautiful box“

- „The drive in of this incredible Lagonda cars was amazing, congratulations“

And yes, certainly there were super-models, too, but let us stay modest....

On those events the cars are fantastic, each one is so different, but even more important is that the owners are  such a fine group of people. There is now a number of people who attend every Lagonda meeting and we have such a good time together. It is just a pity to see those friends only once a year. So, even without a car I would attend those meetings just to meet this wonderful people! (And this seems to be true for the others, too. We had 8 cars, but about 35 people! )

In Lindau there were:

3 cars from Switzerland
2 cars from Germany
1 car from Holland
1 car from Belgium
1 car from England

Looking forward for the 2009 meeting in Belgium! Join us!

Zoran

Quote 0 0
Russell
just one car from england there guys. why so few or did ten set out
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Russell

You were invited but didn't show.
Ossi came in A Lotus & Julian in a V8 Volante.
Believe me every owner in Europe & even outside was invited.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
One for Wolfie

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
williamp
I love those model lagonds. Such a great idea!
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
More photos. Forgive the quality. I really must go on a photography course, mechanics course, computer, flower arranging etc ........
but you can see we had a good time!

;D

Regret at this point that the battery on my camera packed up (bit like the Lagonda really) so I didnt get pix of some other luscious new & old AMs at Mollis.
>
Roger I
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
and the rest. I told you I needed to go on a course.  ;D

Roger I
Quote 0 0
Russell
amazing, well done all. great stuff.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie

Roger I
Quote 0 0