Wedgie
Thought is already being given to the annual Wedge meeting which in 2012 2013 will be held in England. So buy, get restoring, or start buffing your Lagonda now. More later.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
vrooom
I'll be there.....nabbing the Trust car right now!
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Mike Smith wrote:

I'll be there.....nabbing the Trust car right now!
As long as it comes I dont mind who brings it.  ;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
The date for this event has not yet been fixed by the organisers. It may seem a long way off but as far as one can in the circumstances could you indicate your preference(s) for the month and/or weekend?
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
A virtual list then (Do I already feel a record number 31+ coming on?)

13007 Harry Kielstra Netherlands
13015 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13034 Vincent Ameye Belgium
13049 Roger Ivett UK
13150 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13196 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13302 Keith Cornman UK
13307 Ossi Bashiri UK
13352 Julian Wharton UK
13380 David Marks UK
13397 Robert Marks UK
13417 Zoran Mitrovic Switzerland
13436 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13503 Mike Smith UK
13538 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13579 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13585 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13602 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13622 Jane Weitzmann UK
13642 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13645 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Do we give Roger Dudding a special award?
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Mike Smith wrote:

Do we give Roger Dudding a special award?
No a straitjacket so he can't buy any more, & get his name right Mick. It's RoDger as in DoDger not Roger like mine which is the proppper way.

Roger
Roger I
Quote 0 0
vrooom
I've never seen it spelt like that before.
Well I for one think I'll get you and he a wedge of nice cheese for your Lagonda efforts.
My little Tegs kept innocently saying things like 'Doesn't the Lagonda stand out in that line of cars(outside Sunnyside)' and
'Is this the most expensive model' etc.....
I must admit looking at the line up it did look spectacularly different and ace looking if not the most beautiful.
I still can't work out why Quentin wilson gave such a negative review of them(apt from the fact he's a XXXX).
I loved them when I was five and love them more now than ever.
Are you going to write a book or what?   
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Mike Smith wrote:

I've never seen it spelt like that before.
Well I for one think I'll get you and he a wedge of nice cheese for your Lagonda efforts.
My little Tegs kept innocently saying things like 'Doesn't the Lagonda stand out in that line of cars(outside Sunnyside)' and
'Is this the most expensive model' etc.....
I must admit looking at the line up it did look spectacularly different and ace looking if not the most beautiful.
I still can't work out why Quentin wilson gave such a negative review of them(apt from the fact he's a XXXX).
I loved them when I was five and love them more now than ever.
Are you going to write a book or what?     
When you find me those photos. 
Roger I
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Good point.....right I'll really try then.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Thunderbirds are go....complete with splattered flies...
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
v. nice shots at Brooklands Mike. Have a fish.

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Ta...nearly on 150 fish!
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Stop begging. Ok I'll give you another one. Nearly there.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Ta,here's two on the banking
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
You enjoyed your weekend with that car didn't you? Not bad at the price.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Yes,brilliant thanks ....the idea being to get it known a bit more that the car was there and raise its profile a bit,give it a proper run,do a fault report on it for them,show the girls at the trust how everything worked(on the Lagonda!) and do the article on it.
It's about time the Lagonda got recognised as the flagship of the 70's/80's range and that particular car is like driving a new one.
Pricewise I gave a bit extra for the use because it was so ace and also its our car,every trust member has a share so to me,everyone should treat it like as though it was their own...actually scrub that....everybody should treat as though Mark D was about to score it for the concours!
I won't mention names but the Ulster and Lagonda have been returned before as though there were Mondeo's going back to a car hire company......it's not on and the facts the cars have been generously donated and even better,aren't static exhibits and useable means that extra special effort should be taken with the return of the cars.
It's not hard to return it with a full tank of petrol,stick to agreed mileage,make sure you know how to operate it before use and make sure its either hand washed or cough up £50 for a re-clean.
I'm so passionate about the car now I'm going to make a point of getting it out there.
Quote 0 0
Jurriën Pinkster
Mike Smith wrote:

Pricewise I gave a bit extra for the use because it was so ace and also its our car,every trust member has a share so to me,everyone should treat it like as though it was their own...actually scrub that....everybody should treat as though Mark D was about to score it for the concours!
I won't mention names but the Ulster and Lagonda have been returned before as though there were Mondeo's going back to a car hire company......it's not on and the facts the cars have been generously donated and even better,aren't static exhibits and useable means that extra special effort should be taken with the return of the cars.
It's not hard to return it with a full tank of petrol,stick to agreed mileage,make sure you know how to operate it before use and make sure its either hand washed or cough up £50 for a re-clean.
I couldn't agree with you more, Mike. I took the AMHT's Lagonda to last year's Spring Concours (http://www.amoc.org/forum/index.php?topic=17610.msg177968#msg177968) and thouroughly enjoyed the experience.

As you so rightly pointed out the car belongs to the trust so members borrowing it should treat it as if they're driving their best friend's car and treat it accordingly. It's not "just another rental"!
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Nice one Julian...I was thinking a wedge shaped implement could be used to punish any offenders.....
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Let's get this thread back on subject.

A virtual list then (Do I already feel a record number 31+ coming on?)

13007 Harry Kielstra Netherlands
13015 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13034 Vincent Ameye Belgium
13049 Roger Ivett UK
13150 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13196 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13302 Keith Cornman UK
13307 Ossi Bashiri UK
13352 Julian Wharton UK
13380 David Marks UK
13397 Robert Marks UK
13417 Zoran Mitrovic Switzerland
13436 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13503 Mike Smith UK
13538 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13579 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13585 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13602 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13622 Jane Weitzmann UK
13642 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK
13645 Rodger & Guy Dudding UK

LR 140 David Martinson UK

;D ;D ;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Cool!
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Postponed in UK to avoid Olympics until 2013.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
2012 meeting will be in Bavaria/Salzburg region and organised by Michael von Aretin.
Now all we need is a date.

;D

Roger I
Quote 0 0
jonc
2013 UK meet timed to fit in with centenary celebrations?
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Serendipity,

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0