lml698
I gather the featured marque for 2007 is "Aston martin".  Racing Feltham is offering to bring their 45 car 1925 - 1959 grid over if we can find the support this would require. This would make it the biggest Aston Race is American history amongst other things. Should be able to get a fair few DB£S's and R1's out racing as well. How many US based cars could we add to this?
Quote 0 0
philmw
When is it?
Quote 0 0
lml698
I think it is the 17th - 19th August 2007
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
The Pebble Beach Concours is also on the 19th of August , featuring Aston Martin .....
Quote 0 0
CJ
Time to start talking my parents into a Florida vacation...
Quote 0 0
philmw
Whilst you go to California?  Sebring is Florida (March).
Quote 0 0
CJ
Don't know where "Florida" came from...
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Wasn't it part of Europe a few million years ago? Typical American no sense of history!
Quote 0 0
CJ
Fast forward a few million... you guys had it, and lost it.

;D
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
We gave it up as we knew it would become worthless eventually.
Quote 0 0
CJ
The Revolution had nothing to do with it?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
No. We had a premonition that it would be populated by Cadillac driving octogenarians.
Quote 0 0
CJ
Very, very true...
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Unfortunately it is. There is a plus side to this however as when I drove in Florida a couple of years ago the roads were empty.
Quote 0 0
CJ
And the nursing homes were full.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
That would explain it then. Thanks.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
CJ wrote:

The Revolution had nothing to do with it?

Not really : it was just another bit of the continent, eventually colonised from the north. It had originally had a Spanish Mission, and some plantations during the 1700s.  The Seminole Wars (1850s) saw off the local population.  It wasn't until the 1890s when the railway went down to Miami that it started to develop properly.
Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz - poor CJ, tunes into the Forum to escape a history lesson and gets one here, too.
Quote 0 0
CJ
Thanks, John. ;D
Quote 0 0
PRanucci
We'll be there, but where did you get your information? The Laguna Seca website mentions Indy Car roadsters and General Racing still has the 2006 schedule up.
CJ- this will be sensory overload so try and get in a few more events to build up your stamina. Also, wear comfortable shoes!
Quote 0 0
CJ
I suppose you haven't read about my trip in August... ;D
Quote 0 0
lml698
The info came from another Racing member who went to race there a few years ago and is going again in 2007 and has found out the information.  Thus we are seeing if we can "blag" a race slot and the requisite "support" it will require. ( see initial posting).
By the way just to move the "history lesson " onto a more defined subject .. Geology.... The story is this. Parts of Florida were attached to West Africa ( some of the rocks hadn't actually formed yet!)  and Britain was attached to Newfoundland. Then we all got fed up with each other and America split away and the Atlantic formed.
Of course we also had NorthAmerica as part of Scotland about 300 Million years before that  and then  we kept the Western Isles and the rest parted off west.  So you see that's the problem with history it all depends on perspectives.
Quote 0 0