chrismair Show full post »
SJH
Stop press, When did Le Mans moove to the south of France?... oh yes... too much information.

We were planning on heading down there after the racing... a technical detail I failed to mention
Quote 0 0
pbrett
If there isn't any racing when you are there don't stay in Le Mans, carry on a bit further to Le Loire, Saumur etc nice wines good food fantastic drives. and if you really want a daytrip to Le Mans.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
If you do go to Saumur do not do the tour of the chataux, its full of sodding plates. >
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Angers is worth a visit, and possibly most of the chateaux between there and Blois, which are too numerous to mention. I particularly like the area in the Autumn. There is no shortage of good places to stay and eat.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Plenty of Louis Vitton here in Thailand.  They assure me it is genuine, along with the Rolex Daytona in white golf I just bought for 25 pounds, and the Ralf Lauren polo shirts for 3 pounds, and the .....
Quote 0 0
holllandn
geewizzpip wrote:

Plenty of Louis Vitton here in Thailand.  They assure me it is genuine, along with the Rolex Daytona in white golf I just bought for 25 pounds, and the Ralf Lauren polo shirts for 3 pounds, and the .....
geewizzpip wrote:

geewisspip, I am in Thailand as well....where are you?? Just to keep the post Aston related I haven't seen any here yet....I will keep my eyes peeled.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Actually, if you are in Bangkok, anywhere near the docks, and wouldn't mind going to the police/customs car pound, there is a Series 4 V8 Lagonda I am trying to locate/identify..................but then you would probably rather not.

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
pbrett
A couple of Chateaux worth visiting in order to buy some wine are Chateau Villeneuve (very nice mid priced wine) and Chateau Petit Thouars (good very drinkable cheap wine).

http://www.chateau-de-villeneuve.com/

http://www.chateau-du-petit-thouars.com

Quote 0 0
jockpercy
I go every year. Camp at Houx or Houx Annex. Tickets will be coming up in a few months on Ebay, Pistonheads etc.

There are also many local families who make money renting rooms B&B style. Not sure what else they rent out.

If you are camping get there by Friday AM at the latest to get a decent site and buy all your camping crapolla at Carrefour. They have everything and it is cheap - cheaper than the UK, or any UK estore. Plus you d't have to drive with all the weight of tents, and tables and other junk.

At the end of the weekend just take what you want to keep and watch as the gypsies scuttle over the remains like insects. Recycyling I guess.

Arnage is a good time on Friday, but watch out for the French Rozzas. If the road is open then it is public and they love to collect our Euros.

PS Sounds like you are in luurve Will
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Currently in Pattaya, moving to Bangkok Monday evening, then home.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Taking the scenic route home then?
Quote 0 0
holllandn
geewizzpip, Sounds good. I was in Bangkok and now in Chiang Mai. Are you familiar with Bangkok? If you need any restaurant recommendations give me a shout. Nick.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Nick, Please recommend.  email me through forum.  Thanks.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Page and Moy Motor Racing tours are advertising 4 and 5 day self motoring tours with camping an option. Don't know if there are any places left but could be worth a shot for those not organised yet.
Quote 0 0
SJH
Cheers for all this guys...

Off to Antigua tomorrow for a well earned break... reckon I will come across any Aston Martin related stuff over there folks?
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Nick, back from Thailand today.  Was in the night market area of Bangkok last night.  Plenty fun, plenty good food. Lookie, lookie!  Also bought another dozen Ralph Lauren shirts for my girls, only £2 each!
Quote 0 0
Webby
Bringing this back on track, the club has booked an hotel overlooking the Mulsanne Straight this year. You won't get much sleep but boy what a view!

http://www.amoc.org/images/stories/documents/events/2007/amoc_aranjuez_le_mans_tours.pdf
Quote 0 0
Hedgehog
Oh my word Webby...this looks wonderful.

Hmmm...gonna have to sell rather a lot of advertising space to afford this special trip

What a stunningly sexy picture (will pass on the Orange 'lipstick' around the trout pout though)
Which model is it?
Who took the piccie?
Wish they could make me look half as sexy as that!! (no comments thank-you!)

Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Is the club thing all or nothing?
Quote 0 0
Webby
I don't believe so. Call Audrey for details.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
yxiD, am chasing.  Will advise
Quote 0 0