Jeroen
As posted on this website last year, the 2007 Le Mans date has been announced already: 16/17 June.

All (both) Dutch Registered LHD Cannock Black Virages will be present. This means it will be the Second Dutch Registered LHD Cannock Black Virage Meeting. A full report of the first one can be read elsewhere on this forum (Newport Pagnell V8 and Virage). Although most reactions to this first meeting were very positive overall, the general feeling was that in the future it should be announced somewhat earlier.

So there you have it: the Second Dutch Registered LHD Cannock Black Virage Meeting is to be he held in the Le Mans weekend of 2007 in Sees, some 15 miles north of Alencon, which makes it some 50 miles north of Le Mans. This means that you can drive to and from the circuit using the famous N138 all the way (or the modern A.

We have just made our reservations (14-18 June (http://www.logis-de-france.fr/uk/recherch/index-ca.htm, see http://www.ile-sees.fr/ as well). Our impression is that hotels in the Le Mans region are filling up very fast already.

It would be great if any of you would want to join us. As mentioned earlier the name of the event might be a bit silly, but we would love it if other Astons would be present.

Hope to see you there (or at least at Le Mans itself)!

Milog, Jeroen
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Aston Green Virage requesting permission to dock!
Quote 0 0
Jeroen
geewizzpip wrote:

Aston Green Virage requesting permission to dock!

Permission granted skipper. Welcome aboard. What took you so long? 
Quote 0 0
milog
Finally, the pope of the Virage. Keith, without you the meeting would be a dog without a tail.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
He is frequently reffered to as a dog, now he is just the tail ;D
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Dog with two dicks!
Quote 0 0
milog
Keith, it is great that you will attend our little Virage meet 
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Will sort out my arrangements and see the Virage Team there.
Quote 0 0
Jeroen
Some more details about where we'll be and at what time so others can meet up.

On Thursday we'll meet and have lunch at the first petrol station on the A28 after Neufchatel-en-Bray (see http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/dyn/controller/mapPerformPage?strCountry=1424&strAddress=&strMerged=neufchatel+en+bray&x=0&y=0, the first blue dots after junction , which should be a good place to spot (other) exotica. We'll be there from approximately 1.30 pm. It would be great if others would like to drive in convoy from there on.

Thursday evening we'll be at Sees. Friday morning from about 10.00 am at the Pistonheads Arnage Indianapolis Meet (http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=25&t=344804&i=. Classic British Welcome in Saint Saturnin in the afternoon (http://www.classicbw.org/uk/index.php).

In the weekend, well apparently there is a race...

Our contact details will be at Keith's list. Please feel free to give us a call.

Milog, Jeroen
Quote 0 0
Russell
alongside those models i may hope to be so bold to join you all with the rolls royce blue virage and indoor swimming pool if the windscreen sealant idea doesnt work too well.
might go all mad and crazy confident and put the carpets back in for the trip.
dissapointed to find out the mushrooms that i managed to grown on the underside of them were not edible.
have a meeting with a new client of mine in the morning that i find out was the team principle and banker for the 2003/4 le mans winning Audi team where they trashed the opposition for the first time. how cool is that might get some piccies of the trophy cabinet
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Dutch V8
Russell wrote:

dissapointed to find out the mushrooms that i managed to grown on the underside of them were not edible.

Russell, bring the mushrooms anyway ... they were never meant to be EATEN !
Quote 0 0
Russell
carpet was too wet. couldnt get it to light in my pipe.
interesting as it has poured down here and i dont have the swimming pool anymore so maybe it is the screen bonding come adrift.
have got a leaking door rubber both sides though. damn and blast it.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Russell, some Virage coups have had the top door rubbers removed and hence they leak.  You can get replacements as it's the same for the V8 Coup.  Not sure if the Volante is the same.  I will see if I have any rubber strip and bring it with me.

See you early in the morning.

See the Dutchies lunchtime.
Quote 0 0
Russell
no they are there but you can see where the rubber is slightly bent over and thats where it leaks. its not bad and trust me NOTHING like before. i may well still leave the carpets out to see if i get any leaks anywhere at all over the next few days. may have to apologise to the virage entourage for the disgraceful presentation of my car. might have to follow on behind or something.
see you there 5-30
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Bearing in mind the weather, did you get wet feet?  ;D
Quote 0 0
Russell
no pretty dry all the time john which was amazing. i can honestly say that the trip back after to the train had to be in about the worst rain i have ever driven in. geewizz had his fog lights on and if he moved any further than 50 yards in front he dissapeared. it was really horrific.
I'm waiting for some tricky rims for the car and in the meantime im driving around on what we think are the original with 20,000 on them. not too bad but they are 11 years old. They are like wood.
every roundabout i had the back end out and every large pool on the motorway i went over the top of the lake not through it. got it about 30 degrees off at one point then found tarmac again.
a bowel moving experience i can tell you. pity any of the poor guys who were tenting another night. we only just got the cars off the grass. rained solid from about 1-30 during the race till
1-30 in the morning when we boarded the train.
Quote 0 0
Jeroen
Famous at last?
http://www.pbase.com/bentleyboys/image/80880071
Quote 0 0