williamp
Thought it woth starting another thread, for information on the event, times, dates, costs etc.

So:

Date: confirmed as 14th- 15th June 2008, starting at 15h00

Costs:

Costs for general race entrance is €62, or €47 with an ACO membership card
Its €34 if you're a student (must show "student international ID card", or if you can show you are 16-18 years old).
Entry is free if you're born after 16th Jun 1992.

That will get you into a race, but as I'm sure you are all aware, the AMOC is trying to organise a group of us comping together. The camspite we want is "Houx"- its in the most central location, has good showers/toilet facilities, the pitches are numbered and specified so you can arrive at any time, and the site has electricity so we can run a beer fridge/hairdryer.  The cost for the plot is €75 per vehicle, however we might want other things with the campsite (a gazebo, for example) which might push the price up, but we are aiming to keep this cost down. In terms of food and entertainment, thats up to you. 

Please note: we have not yet had confirmation from the ACO (race organisers) which campsite we have been allocated. This usually arrives November/December time. Thus we cannot yet confirm how much this will be. Rest assured that as soon as we do know which campsite we have, we will let you all know.

Still, if you want a space with us, let the AMOC HQ know- the details were in the last news sheet.

More info on the tickets here:

http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/calendrier/pdf/24h2008_plaquette_billetterie.pdf
Quote 0 0
pbrett
Hey there William, any news on the Le Mans camping arrangements etc?

Quote 0 0
williamp
None yet, but I'm expecting them soon. If I dont hear I will chase them next week

W.
Quote 0 0
MCSV8
Let's hope it is'nt cancelled by terrorist threats
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Or bad grammar! ;D
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
This is a car club, not a soding book groop. >
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Quote 0 0
williamp
I went to a book grope once. Great fun, but the other women in the library didnt sem to think so...
Quote 0 0
pbrett
the other women???

Are you a woman William P?
Quote 0 0
NorfolkCarNut
Hi

any news yet on the site? What days is it acutally available from and to? Trying to plan the crossing already as the ferries are getting booked up...
Quote 0 0
jagman
Hi is any body going to LeMans this year?
I am going down on Tuesday and back on Monday staying at Arnage (as all ways)
Not sure if I am going in the VS but would be nice to have a Beer and a chat
Jagman
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
Trying to fit it in the schedule at the moment....
Quote 0 0
tungvanquishs
yes all booked in,going down on wednesday and home on monday,will defo be taking aston.Must meet up at arnage fabulous place for atmosphere etc.

cheers simon
Quote 0 0
williamp
if you Vanquish lot want to mix with us lot, then there is the option of camping with fellow AMOC members, and normally we all meet at the CHamnpagne tent at midnight
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
Williamp wrote:

if you Vanquish lot want to mix with us lot, then there is the option of camping with fellow AMOC members, and normally we all meet at the CHamnpagne tent at midnight
Is that Thursday/Friday& Saturday??
Quote 0 0
Nick Duckworth
Ditto Williamp's comment.  It would be nice to see some of you guys there.  Audrey at AMOC HQ and Williamp have been putting a campsite deal together.

I ASSUME that the champagne tent is midnight Saturday/Sunday.........................

Nick
Quote 0 0
williamp
Yep. the last few years we've all managed to meet at the champagne tent at midnight on the saturday/sunday night.
Quote 0 0
NorfolkCarNut
have we got dates confirmed for the campsite yet? Have heard nothing from AMOC
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Received this yesterday

Hello All
Well, Will Presland has chased the ACO yet again and it now is going to be February before we hear anything. They have however confirmed that we will not be allocated the Houx site and it might be that we don’t get anything!! In light of this I have a plan B.
Through a contact I have reserved an area in the Bleu Nord site. This will be shared with two other Car Clubs but each Club will be fenced off. It is about a 10 minute walk to the circuit.
The provisional cost is £145 per person based on 2 in a car (if this does rise it will not be by very much) and includes general admission, water supply, showers, toilets, fencing, communal marquee & power.
I have optional Grandstand tickets ranging from £56.00. Please let me know if you want to go with this and I can then pay the deposit. If you have given me your Credit card number please give me a call as we now need the 3 digit number on the back as of last week.
Please also let me know if you do not want to take up this package. I will not be in the office this afternoon but will be in all day Tuesday.
Audrey E Carter
External Relations
AMOC

Undecided what to think. Bleu is 3rd rate and they want top draw price.
Quote 0 0
williamp
Personally, Claire and I are waiting to see what the ACO give us. We will get something, and it might even be Blue Nord. But then again, it might not be.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Will thank you for all the work you have put in.
Quote 0 0
MCSV8
I'm with Will on this. I have got a backup plan and it does not cost £145 per person.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
I emailed Audrey...

Audrey.  You cannot be serious.  £145 PER PERSON!  What do we get for that?  Surely £145 per car plot and two entrance tickets.

Please advise.  There is confusion on the forum.

Keith
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
geewizzpip wrote:

I emailed Audrey...

Audrey.  You cannot be serious.  £145 PER PERSON!  What do we get for that?  Surely £145 per car plot and two entrance tickets.

Please advise.  There is confusion on the forum.

Keith

As I understand it,I thought it WAS £145 including 2 entrance tickets. By the way,has anybody on the forum used Clubmotorsport,s package,?
Quote 0 0