Nick Duckworth Show full post »
williamp
Yep, good race, good race with a podium for the privateer DBR9 (the unkind will say they still finished last) and 4th place for the 007 Aston. Shame that the GT2 Aston didnt finish- it had AMOC/AMHT badges on the car and transporter

The Renegade group at Houx was a great success and I've already asked for spaces at Houx next year- hopefully more then he current amount so we can have more spaces available.

The only question will be: Watch the Aston do a better LMP1 support, or the Classic?
Quote 0 0
Russell
indeed houx was a hoot. someone mentioned a race but i never let it spoil it for me. blinking hot though.
well done Will, renegades live on. shame you missed the weather at the end.
now we have seen it i think we can ramp it up a bit with catering and things. be nice to do a party sunday night of our own.
interesting about that event or classic.  never done classic. would be another ticked off but would then be obliged to take the aston not the drug dealer. had some laughs with that.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Re Paul Drayson's GT2, I thought according to the official results it was a finisher, classified 33rd overall. No indication it officially retired
Quote 0 0
williamp
You've made me put my anorak on now. According to the ACO, the car retired after 21 hours. Well, 21 hours, 52 minutes, 26.874 seconds after compleating 272 laps.
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Williamp wrote:

The only question will be: Watch the Aston do a better LMP1 support, or the Classic?
Do both  ;D The Classic is just so different.
Quote 0 0
SAW
I would like to extend my utmost thanks to Paul Drayson and his team for providing access to their garage. Guy, who showed us around was so very accommodating and provided so much information about the car and team. He was also very obliging to my taking photos of every inch of the No.87 car when the engineers were replacing parts of the engine, shocks and exhaust pipe!!

John - thanks to you too for enabling this to happen.

Another highlight was driving / racing around the track on the morning of the race, and seeing 60 Astons in the car park before the event!

All in all, a fantastic weekend  ;D
Quote 0 0
philmw
WHA1TY wrote:
Another highlight was driving / racing around the track on the morning of the race, and seeing 60 Astons in the car park before the event!
That was a blast, wasn't it.  We'd assumed that with all the talk of "the safety/pace car starting off slowly and getting a little bit faster if everyone behaved themselves" we were in for a Sunday parade, but then when it eff'd off into the distance right from the start ...  ;D  ;D  ;D

We almost caught it up.  The brakes were shot, the car was hot, and the tank was dangerously empty.
Quote 0 0
Russell
exactly how it should be too phil. the car was made to do that not just sit and look pretty. well done you.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
V12 MCC wrote:

Image of the weekend? The peugeot doing donuts at the end of the race!

Roll on next year.
Yes, that was an impressive sight!  Here's a pic.
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0