williamp
Yes! Just 231 days to go, its time to think about Le Mans 2010. Its also the Le Mans classic in 2010, but this thread will be about the Le Mans "proper" thread. And there is a real chance of an Aston winning the LMP class (Le Mans petrol, rather then diesel)

Just like last year, the AMOC rebels will be camping in Houx campsite in 2010. This year we should have some more spaces, and we might have some spare spaces.  Therefore, if you are interested on joining us can I have some expressions of interest please.

What happens:

This is the easy bit: You’ll be camping in Houx campsite with other AMOC members. You make your own way there. You  provide your own entertainment (although certain members are very good at providing this!!) You do your own thing during the race. You cook your own food. You make your own way back. There is no schedule to keep. But when you are at the campsite, you’ll be amongst AMOC friends, parked amongst Astons

The Houx campsite has good facilities for showers, toilets etc and electricity on site. We usually make the place nicer with gazebos and we bring a 240v fridge to provide cool beer and wine for everyone (drink one, replace one…).  The pitches are marked and numbered so you can arrive when you want and know you will have space

The cost is £99 for the pitch, which does not include  the general admittance ticket.

If this sounds like your thing then let me know- I can't promise anything at the moment but we might have some spare tickets. If not, I look forward to seeing you at the Champagne tent at midnight!
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Hi William, I'm doing the Classic in the Aston but if Aston Martin Racing are in with a chance I might do an organised trip (bus!!!) to the 24 hours (like V12MCC last year) and so will make a point of dropping in to the AMOC mob.
Quote 0 0
jon7cda
See the thread on AMOC/Aston at LeMans Classic 2010
Quote 0 0
williamp
Some space available if you want a cheap camping option with other Aston owners
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I shall look forward to the midnight champagne once more!
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Williamp wrote:

Some space available if you want a cheap camping option with other Aston owners
Hi I've just been let down ?
so is there still space ?
do I get my own entry ticket?
if so can you PM me please that is if you'll have me ?
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
mrtbird,

Last I heard, Will still has spaces.

You do have to buy the entrance ticket yourself.  I might be able to pass on one or two entrance tickets (at the ACO discounted rate) and one or two tickets for the Wimille tribune/grandstand.  I'm waiting for a colleague to make up his mind (which depends on his son's GCSE timetable).  I'll let you know if he can't get away that weekend.

All the best,

John
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
i would like to try and get hold of 2 tickets if possible for the race.....anyone got 2 spare?....my father in laws 70th thought it would make a good present... :-*
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
williamp
I'll pm you
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Hi Willimp
Thankyou all sorted cheque on its way

Hi tunlaw 
As you can see I'm all done but rather than mess you about with the tickits if you fined some one for them pass them on as I'm not sure if i want one or two no one has made up there minds if there going ? ??? some people don't know a good thing when they see one ?

Thank's anyway

Abe
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Hi
OK I'm booked on the 8.30 am 9th June is any one else on there ?
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
OK, Mr Tbird, I'll let you know if my indecisive friends decide not to go.  Look forward to seeing you there.

Is your 8.30 crossing the tunnel?  I'll be on the Thursday night crossing from Caen.

John
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
tunlaw wrote:

OK, Mr Tbird, I'll let you know if my indecisive friends decide not to go.  Look forward to seeing you there.

Is your 8.30 crossing the tunnel?  I'll be on the Thursday night crossing from Caen.

John
P&O Ferrys
Quote 0 0
williamp
Entrance list for this years race can be found here:

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/pages/engages_fr.html

We're on the Eurotunnl, out early morning friday, back monday evening
Quote 0 0
KJH
Williamp wrote:

Entrance list for this years race can be found here:

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/pages/engages_fr.html

We're on the Eurotunnl, out early morning friday, back monday evening
Is there a list anywhere in the forum of who is traveling when and on which route ferry/tunnel etc?
Quote 0 0
williamp
No, but you could always start one!

last call for the opportuntiy to camp with is in Houx campsite for le mans 2010. We have a few spaces left, and I need to let the organisers need to know by close of play on friday whether we want them or not. Which means I need to know earlier then that.

So if you're going to le mans, and want a cheap camping option within a proper campsite with refrigerated drinks, camping alongside fellow AMOC members and their families, let me know asap please.  The cost is £99, whish gets you your own sized camping plot amongst  other AMOC members. Entrance fee to the circuit is another €65, but you'll have to pay that to watch the race regardless.

if not, we'll see you at the champagne tent at Midnight!

W.
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
mrtbird wrote:

Hi tunlaw 
As you can see I'm all done but rather than mess you about with the tickits if you fined some one for them pass them on as I'm not sure if i want one or two no one has made up there minds if there going ? ??? some people don't know a good thing when they see one ?

Abe
Mrtbird,

My indecisive friend has now decided that no amount of bribery will get the authorities to change the dates of the GCSEs, and so has to accept he can't come to Le Mans.  So the tickets are available if you want them.  Just to remind you, I have two general entrance tickets at the ACO discounted rate (€49 each) and two tickets for the Wimille grandstand (€89 each), plus P&P.

Let me know if you are interested.

John
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
tunlaw wrote:

Mrtbird,

My indecisive friend has now decided that no amount of bribery will get the authorities to change the dates of the GCSEs, and so has to accept he can't come to Le Mans.  So the tickets are available if you want them.  Just to remind you, I have two general entrance tickets at the ACO discounted rate (€49 each) and two tickets for the Wimille grandstand (€89 each), plus P&P.

Let me know if you are interested.

John
so because of your friend your not going ether well where abouts are you I'm going from London to Nottingham Thursday so may be able to pic them up? thats one of each if its OK with you
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
Mrtbird,

I have sent you a personal message offline.

Regards,

John
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I've booked my usual coach tour and grandstand tickets, Sommer this time. I'm bringing a friend this year so bring on the Champagne Bar at midnight!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
It has been pointed out to me that England are playing USA at 8pm, UK time, on the Saturday night. I'll bring the beer who's got a TV?
Quote 0 0
williamp
V12 MCC wrote:

It has been pointed out to me that the canadian GP is on the sunday evening. I'll bring the beer who's got a TV?

There. That's better
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Williamp wrote:

There. That's better
I'll be on my way home when this is running so won't be able to watch it anyway!
Quote 0 0
MCSV8
Well done Will !

MODERATORS: please un-sticky Le Mans 2009
Quote 0 0
Mike_db7
Anyone going to Le-Mans on the 9th June from Newhaven to Dieppe at 0900 ish. Staying on the AMOC package.
Kindest Regards
Mike H
Quote 0 0