Doctor Houx Show full post »
gtjoey
Frank its fruitless, 2020 is done......Its not worth THINKING about it, sadly Next year will probably be the same. In the states its the liability,lawyers, personal liability ..Easy route is to shut down. I applaud the efforts but, its to much to overcome.
In the north east a large event planner has been going against the local and state gov, only to be fined and people being led to a show which has zero attendance. 
Its just not worth it right now. Sadly
gtjoey1314
Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
You may well be right Joey,  as I’m a lawyer so fully understand the liability issues. As a halfway house they may run it as a closed event like this F1 season, and if they do, then it will be party central in La Chartre watching on a screen there.

However, unlike F1, the TV rights don’t generate anywhere the same sort of revenues, so it may be off totally as you say. Anyway, It’s not as though LM is life and death to me...... it’s way more important than that 🤪😜
"Racing is life; everything that happens before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen.

Frank H. Area 14 (Norfolk) and Le Mans, France.
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Frank,
This is for you. https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/266-lapel-badge---le-mans-grand-prix-de-automobile-club-de-france-1906/?lot=50425&so=0&st=&sto=0&au=487&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=48&pn=6&g=1
Quote 1 0
Vanquish Rider
Frank, I'm assuming they are going to set up multiple zones for 5k fans? But no moving about? How can they control that? As soon as you leave they will all mix?
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
Thanks Richard; worth a punt for sure.

Yes Steve, that’s the plan and that’s why they have instructed restaurants and bars near the circuit to remain closed so fans from different zones can’t mix!  Seems impractical to me and beginig to think Joey is right and they will pull it totally or run behind closed doors at the last minute. 
Steve McQueen.

Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Be interesting to see the feeding plan for the weekend
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
David Such
I have my tickets and need to sort out ferries and accommodation - but I'll do whatever is necessary to get there and watch if we can actually go.
Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
David

I can help with that.... just sent you a whatsap message
Steve McQueen.

Quote 0 0