Rich5ltr
Is the AMOC doing anything at the Le Mans Classic this year? I will be there in my newly acquired MK III and would quite like to meet-up with a few Aston people on the Saturday. Rich...
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
williamp
Hi Rich,

no plans for the Le Mans classic that I know of (I believe it clashes with Goodwood again) but dont let that stop you from doing what I did: ask here (or in the news sheet) who is going, then suggest you all meet up/ camp together. I'm sure those competing in Astons would welcome a dedicated fanclub of the marque...
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I intend to go to LeMans Classic, followed by the Schlumph Museum and returning via the Nurburgring.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Don't forget that if you go to the 'ring, Spa isn't far away, either. Nor Chimay.
Quote 0 0
astondriver
Hello

I will be going. I should be there all weekend, along with a few local English and French classic owners. I live near Laval, just to the west of Le Mans, so anyone coming/returning via Brittany or Normandy, would be able to meet up, and can provide accommodation either side of the weekend if required.

Jamie
Quote 0 0
Julian BW
I was rather surprised that the AMOC does not recognise or have any representational plans for the Le Mans Classic.

While I fully appreciate the one can not do everything but the classic is rather special and quite a large proportion of the AMOC vehicle park is likely to be just that “Classic”

If there is any interst I am more than happy to organise an official or unofficial entry for the club that would require at least 10 cars and could include:-

•         General admission / Circuit entry,
•         Parking at the Bugatti Circuit in an Aston Martin Only Parking Area.

This would be under 50 Euros per car for the weekend.

Options could include
•         Camping pitches (80 Euros)
•         Track Laps (110 Euros)
•         Picnic Baskets (50 Euros for two persons per day)
•         Clubs party / diner on the Saturday night at the old Museum (75 Euros per person)

I have all the necessary LMC forms (prices taken from the current schedule at cost), however the deadline for club recognition is the 31st January so if there is any interest, swift action will be required.

For the purpose of clarity I am not a tour operator and have no links with any such organisation, simply an enthusiast with an Aston that has been to the last 3 classics and will be going to this one too.

I have specifically excluded the provision of providing accommodation and crossings such as the tunnel or ferry as this is fairly simple for people to do themselves.

If there is any interest let me know!

Julian 
Quote 0 0
john curtis
There should be an entry in the next AM News from the French rep
Jean Philippe Gourraud;
This is what he sent me in an e mail

Le Mans Classic 11-12-13 Juillet 2008.
Nous aurons notre emplacement habituel derrière le musée.
L'entrée par personne comprenant:Enceinte, Paddock, Tribunes est de
45€.
Le tour de grand circuit le samedi matin est à 110€.
Les membres désireux de retenir leurs tickets et tours de circuit
doivent me contacter au plutôt,les tours de circuit sont très demandés.

They will have their usual spot behind the museum.
Certainly if you want a chance to drive the circuit JPG is suggesting you contact him as soon as possible. His contact details are in AM News and he speaks English
Quote 0 0
Patrick 17367
Rich5ltr wrote:

Is the AMOC doing anything at the Le Mans Classic this year? I will be there in my newly acquired MK III and would quite like to meet-up with a few Aston people on the Saturday. Rich...


Hi Rich,
The Luxembourg section of AMOC shall be present for sure. At the moment I haven't got any details yet, but there should be a dozen cars from Luxembourg attending. Further details will be communicated towards the end of this month but I am fairly sure that we shall be staying at a hotel outside Le Mans but not too far away from the circuit. I did the last two editions of Classic LeMans with the AMOC Luxembourg and can assure you that it's a magnificent experience. Hope to see you and other members there!

Patrick
Quote 0 0
SJMhasAM
I intend to go this year ( in my Aston, but looks to me like the camping is sold out? I looked for a camping pitch in Le Houx but no joy. I don't want to be too far away and sit in a traffic jam for two hours to get to the circuit, so if anyone knows of a pitch available I am interested.
This will be the first time I have been able to make it, past years work or something always got in the way. So anyone aware of camping where there will be other Aston's?
I will be catching Ferry from Portsmouth to Caen I intend to travel 10th Thursday overnight.

Thanks,

Simon.
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
Julian BW wrote:

I was rather surprised that the AMOC does not recognise or have any representational plans for the Le Mans Classic.

While I fully appreciate the one can not do everything but the classic is rather special and quite a large proportion of the AMOC vehicle park is likely to be just that “Classic”

If there is any interst I am more than happy to organise an official or unofficial entry for the club that would require at least 10 cars and could include:-

•         General admission / Circuit entry,
•         Parking at the Bugatti Circuit in an Aston Martin Only Parking Area.

This would be under 50 Euros per car for the weekend.

Options could include
•         Camping pitches (80 Euros)
•         Track Laps (110 Euros)
•         Picnic Baskets (50 Euros for two persons per day)
•         Clubs party / diner on the Saturday night at the old Museum (75 Euros per person)

I have all the necessary LMC forms (prices taken from the current schedule at cost), however the deadline for club recognition is the 31st January so if there is any interest, swift action will be required.

For the purpose of clarity I am not a tour operator and have no links with any such organisation, simply an enthusiast with an Aston that has been to the last 3 classics and will be going to this one too.

I have specifically excluded the provision of providing accommodation and crossings such as the tunnel or ferry as this is fairly simple for people to do themselves.

If there is any interest let me know!

Julian 

I would like to attend,in my DB6 & what you have suggested sounds perfect,
so please add me to any list you may start,
Quote 0 0
SJMhasAM
[QUOTE=Julian BW]
I was rather surprised that the AMOC does not recognise or have any representational plans for the Le Mans Classic.

While I fully appreciate the one can not do everything but the classic is rather special and quite a large proportion of the AMOC vehicle park is likely to be just that “Classic”

If there is any interst I am more than happy to organise an official or unofficial entry for the club that would require at least 10 cars and could include:-

•         General admission / Circuit entry,
•         Parking at the Bugatti Circuit in an Aston Martin Only Parking Area.

This would be under 50 Euros per car for the weekend.

Options could include
•         Camping pitches (80 Euros)
•         Track Laps (110 Euros)
•         Picnic Baskets (50 Euros for two persons per day)
•         Clubs party / diner on the Saturday night at the old Museum (75 Euros per person)

I have all the necessary LMC forms (prices taken from the current schedule at cost), however the deadline for club recognition is the 31st January so if there is any interest, swift action will be required.

For the purpose of clarity I am not a tour operator and have no links with any such organisation, simply an enthusiast with an Aston that has been to the last 3 classics and will be going to this one too.

I have specifically excluded the provision of providing accommodation and crossings such as the tunnel or ferry as this is fairly simple for people to do themselves.

If there is any interest let me know!

Julian 

Please also count me in. Simon.
Quote 0 0
NorfolkCarNut
I could be interested in this too please....is a DB7 tooooooo new for you chaps or are we allowed to sneak in when it is dark?
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
NorfolkDB7 wrote:

I could be interested in this too please....is a DB7 tooooooo new for you chaps or are we allowed to sneak in when it is dark?
Julian,I can see a list forming!! ;D ;D

Julian
Mr Toad
Simon
NorfolkDB7
Quote 0 0
Julian BW
Guys

I have been advised by the AMOC that there will be some sort of an announcement in the next news lettter, looks like the yorkshire area may be putting something together!

No doubt when this is published all will be revealed - hope its not too late?

Will keep you posted

Julian
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I am in the process of organising a hotel for me and Mrs M  but to do so I also have to buy tickets.
I would be very interested in the Aston Martin carpark at the circuit for Fri, Sat and Sunday.
Quote 0 0
pbrett
I would be interested in the Aston car park too, I will not need accom as staying nearby for a wedding the previous week!
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Got Le Mans sorted, Rosythe to Zeebrugge then to Le Mans--5 1/2 hours according to the AA (wonder if that includes fuel stops) .Hotel B&B (that's what it's called), also hotel for Schlumph Museum now just need to sort out Nordschleife.Tickets for circuit and Paddock are sorted  but I still need the Aston Martin car park.
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
Julian BW wrote:

Guys

I have been advised by the AMOC that there will be some sort of an announcement in the next news lettter, looks like the yorkshire area may be putting something together!

No doubt when this is published all will be revealed - hope its not too late?

Will keep you posted

Julian
Any more news on this topic,I did not find any info in the news sheet? ???
Quote 0 0
pbrett
Only info I found in the News letter was from the French AMOC chappy Jean-Phillipe (see above).

I have emailed him to see what can be done with them!

Will report back.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I am staying at a château 20km away from the track but would be love to park-up on the infield with other AMOC members on Saturday. If you discover how this works let me know. Having been in 2006 it seems a bit more relaxed than the 24 Heures du Mans, that said it's getting more popular so I imagine in their usual style the ACO will have stewards out in force doing their best to prevent one from getting to where you want to go! 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
pbrett
Run them over!!

Was much improved last year with the barcodes on tickets and parking permits!
Quote 0 0
Julian BW
Sorry Guys

Nothing in the newsletter that I could understand, I have now taken the precaution and booked with the Yorkshire area to get entry tickets at least!

Are the AMOC missing an opportunity here! - I await further information with anticipation!

Regards
Julian
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
Can you get entry tickets on the gate? ???
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Mr Toad wrote:

Can you get entry tickets on the gate? ???
I would assume so, you usually can.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Julian BW
I guess you can get entry tickets on the gate, however getting the car into the Aston desinated area may be another issue without a club pass!

Julian
Quote 0 0