Rich5ltr Show full post »
astondriver
Hi all

I will be at the Karting campsite with my V8 - anyone else in there? Hopefully I will get with the other Astons in the grounds if I can find out what is happening!!!

Jamie
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Driveit wrote:

Hi all... The question was  "Is anyone planning a party?   Will there be a BBQ?    Is the Club organising anything?   Will our sponsors be popping corks?   .................  and if so, where and when?  Replies eagerly awaited. 
Hi Alan, I've finally got the Mk III back from Dave and Nigel at Davron and it's driving like a treat, I'm really pleased with it despite my wallet being lightened slightly;y more than I expected In the end I had a lead free re-build of the cylinder head, work on the front suspension and steering and loads of other small bits and it's a vast improvement.

I spent Sunday polishing and cleaning and am fired-up and looking forward to Le Mans Classic now. As for meeting up I do hope the club has a tent or awning or something we can use a focal point, as for infield parking I have no idea and anyway I am staying with a group of friends in a château some 20km outside the Le Mans so I'll probably wind up parking in Blue or Blanc. I want to try to take an early evening drive to La-Chartre-sur-Loir and park up outside the Hôtel de France and have a beer in the square soaking up the atmosphere but not sure when, maybe Sunday evening? I also have a friend who's just bought a farmhouse near Le Mans and he wants me to see that so it's going to be a busy weekend, like always I'll wish i was staying in Sarthe longer.

Oh and have you seen the illuminations in the medieval part of Le Mans town? They are a "must see" if you've never done it. It's very atmospheric as they light up the castle walls and cathedral with ghostly moving images. 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Oscar
Hi,
I don't have any access for Le Mans Classic.
In fact I know now that I'm available to go.
I'm looking for one (AM Park, special AMOC deal...).

I just need an access. I know where to sleep 

Regards
Quote 0 0
astondriver
Hi

You can buy tickets on the day at the ticket gate(s)
Quote 0 0
astondriver
Hi Rich5ltr (and others)

I will be camping in Karting Nord all weekend (with aston of course) and happy to meet up Sunday if you can send futher details. Anyone coming near Rennes or Laval, let me know....I live close by.

Jamie
Quote 0 0
Oscar
I think I can't buy tickets to park my V8 in the Aston area.
So if someone can't go I can buy his ticket.

Peter Auto sold everything interesting for me. I won't go with Ferrari  >
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I contacted the French rep about Aston parking but he hasn't got back to me---so I guess I will just have to go where I am sent.
Quote 0 0
Oscar
I have already did it but no mere available ticket  :'(
Quote 0 0
AlanCramp
Rich5ltr wrote:

Driveit wrote:

Hi all... The question was  "Is anyone planning a party?   Will there be a BBQ?    Is the Club organising anything?   Will our sponsors be popping corks?   .................  and if so, where and when?  Replies eagerly awaited. 

Hi Rich,  Thanks for your reply and delighted to hear that your beast is working as intended.   Will this be your first chance to get it hot on the way down?
No one has yet even hinted that there will be any organised fun on the Sat/Sun so I guess each to their own.
We are with a mixed marque party and parking in the Bugatti Park.    If you see JSK 142, leave a note, otherwise I hope to meet up before our Parade Laps.    Our evenings are organised Fri-Sun, then we are off to celebrate Bastille Day on Monday, in the Loire, (it beats driving home).   If we can, we hope to break for lunch at The Hotel de France in La Chartres on our way through.
If you hear of Club hospitality I know you will post it.
Meantime,  have fun.
Alan   
Quote 0 0
Tim M
There are plenty of Astons entered.
Plateau 1
Freeman/Busset   AM Speed Model 1936
Lanternier/Le Comte Du Nouy   AM Le Mans 1933
Laurent-Bellue/ Come   AM Le Mans 1934

Plateau 2
Friedrichs/Clark    DB3S 1954
Grandidier/Regent  DB2/4  1954
Jolly/ Farthing   DB2 1952
Mahmoud   DB2  1952
Melling   DB3  1952

Plateau 3
Alexander  DB4GT 1960
Beecroft/Hall  DBR1 1959
Bennett/Woodgate  DB3S 1956
Friedrichs/Clark  DP212 1961
Mahmoud  DB4GT 1960
Samways  DBR1 1957
Singleton  DB4GT 1960
Quote 0 0
Geoff_V8
Driveit wrote:

Rich5ltr wrote:

Driveit wrote:

Hi Rich,  Thanks for your reply and delighted to hear that your beast is working as intended.   Will this be your first chance to get it hot on the way down?
No one has yet even hinted that there will be any organised fun on the Sat/Sun so I guess each to their own.
We are with a mixed marque party and parking in the Bugatti Park.    If you see JSK 142, leave a note, otherwise I hope to meet up before our Parade Laps.    Our evenings are organised Fri-Sun, then we are off to celebrate Bastille Day on Monday, in the Loire, (it beats driving home).   If we can, we hope to break for lunch at The Hotel de France in La Chartres on our way through.
If you hear of Club hospitality I know you will post it.
Meantime,  have fun.
Alan   

Don't plan on going to the Hotel de  France on a monday, it's closed!  As is most of the town.  Plus most of France will be shut for Bastille day i bet.
Quote 0 0
Oscar
No Revolution's day  ;-)
Quote 0 0
Oscar
Hello Gentlemen !

I finally found tickets and parking for Le Mans Classic and will be happy to see you  !

banana
Quote 0 0
astondriver
I will be there and camping in Karting Nord.....

I now have one spare ticket available at face value if anyone wants it.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Ah well just about to set-off to Portsmouth, weather isn't great but the forecast is now for showeres tomorrow, Friday and sunney spells for teh rest of the weekend which isn't as bad as it was looking earlier in the week!

If anyone sees a Peony Red DB Mk III reg no. XJW III give me a wave or say hello.  :-)

Cheers Rich...

Quote 0 0
john curtis
Just back after a cracking weekend. Good weather and super grids.
Enjoyed champagne and rillettes (ortolans out of season as a U in the month) with CAMF. Quite a few UK registered cars in the AMOC parking but didn't hear an english voice. Where did you all go?
Sorry I didn't make the midnight champagne date. Was too busy watching and too far away.
Quote 0 0
Patrick 17367
It's been a smashing weekend indeed. And I thought there seemed to be a lot more Astons on the AMOC Parking than the years before. We went there with the Luxembourg section and had a magnificent Racing Green DB4 Convertible, Dark Brown DBS V8 and several V8 Vantages on display. We even brought a "dancing donkey" I'm afraid, but that was just to show the sportsmanship of the typical Aston Martin owner 
Impressive show as always, I must say! On the Saturday evening we from AMOC Luxembourg had diner at the "Auberge de Mulsanne" which allowed us to go out near the track between courses and see the cars come thundering down the Hunaudieres and go through the chicane. Especially when it got dark and the heat with the Porsche 917, GT40's etc came blasting past, combined with the smell of good old pure petrol and racing oil being burned made for some truly magnificent automotive emotions.
I am definitely looking forward to the 2010 edition, that's for sure
Quote 0 0
john curtis
No one else back yet ?
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Yep, I got back on the Caen - Portsmouth ferry last night around midnight and had to be in the City today for a customer meeting so not yet had a chance to put finger to keyboard! It was a great weekend, we stayed in a chateau some 30 miles away but I enjoy driving around Sarthe during Le mans events so that was no problem. I was a little worried that the increase in popularity of the "Classic" may have removed some of it's charm but I was wrong and it was every bit as good as two years ago. I can't say I'm overly impressed with the relentless tide of tarmac, fencing and concrete enveloping Le Mans but the toilets are certainly an improvement so I guess that's some progress. The racing was a spectacle, the company was good and the club displays were very interesting to explore. I like that fact that at this event you see more classic European marques such as the impressive displays of Delages and Hotchkisses! The whole atmosphere is a kind of relaxed "Revival" with warm weather and French food & Champagne, the 4 course meal we had in "Le Balcony" for €49 was excellent... Amusingly, as we were entering the restaurant the waitress asked if we were Aston Martin owners, I didn't know whether to say yes in order to secure a better table or keep quiet in case she said "right your banned for not paying your bills two years ago"  
Anyway, if the UK AMOC could arrange to have a display, preferably on the grassed area, I would certainly be happy to book my DB Mk III in for 2010 now.  Other than in display I saw few Astons during the weekend whilst driving around Sarthe, but if you did pass a Peony Red Mk III that was probably me!

Cheers Rich...

Quote 0 0
Tim M
Just got back.  After the Le Mans Classic we visited the Schlumph Museum in Mulhouse ( quite amazing) and then on to the Nurburgring for a few laps (awesome).
The Classic was good and I'll put in some photos when I'm sorted.
Quote 0 0
Oscar
Hello Tim M.
DId you take any pics of the AM club parking ?
Have you pics of the "405EGZ78" alias V8 OI Vantage Serie II (ex BTM780T)?

Regards.
Quote 0 0
Wellside
here are some images. What a great weekend.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Sorry Roadrunner, nothing specific.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
More pictures
A really stunning  (not a) Zagato  ???
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Some of the competitors
Quote 0 0