Flashcat
Hi all,

I’m still non the wiser as to whether or not AMOC members are allowed into the hospitality marquee at the forthcoming Le Mans Classic, not welcomed at the 2016 event, access denied unless you have a ticket for something or other!

After reading all the goings on which are currently on the Forum regarding events expenditure etc; it has left me totally confused as to why we are there at all, (other than to entertain the French/European members).

Would it be asking too much if a very simple reply and explanation from someone in the know, as to what a U.K. member can expect or is entitled to, should they visit the AMOC marquee. For example, is coffee, tea or cold drink etc: available either FOC or to purchase?

Flash
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
Flash,

Not that I’m anything to do with it but to my mind a member is a member regardless of nationality so I would expect you’d get the same welcome and facilities. Your previous experience is very unsatisfactory so would be good to hear an explanation if there is one. A simple misunderstanding hopefully.

I think your question is probably best directed to Dawn or Marc but as we’ve heard, they don’t frequent the forum. I suggest it might be worth emailing them to ask and then, perhaps, sharing with us what you learn.

I might be there with one of my other clubs this year (a French one) and if so, you’ll certainly both be welcome there as my guest. You can flit between the two clubs getting hospitalitied as a newt.

David
Quote 0 0
GaryU_2
You need to ask Dawn or Tim.
Dawns Email is socom.dawn@amoc.org.  Dawn has stated she prefers Email and will answer Email messages.  Tim can be sent a PM

As a CoM member I am no wiser than you about the arrangements.

We have a party of 6 going.  We will have a great time.

Formerly known as Forum Manager.
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
David,

Thank you for your kind invitation of hospitality at Le Mans, I will most certainly take you up on it. As a reciprocal could I invite you (and Heather of course) to a Barbecue on the Friday evening at the house/chateau we are renting. Aston, Bentley and Porsche’s, around twenty people in total, if it’s of interest I’ll P.M. you details.

I’m pretty sure someone will be in the know regarding my question and the AMOC marquee, if nothing is heard I’ll do as you suggest and email Dawn or Marc.

Flash
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Thank you for the information ForumManager, much appreciated.

We have a party of eight going, 1 DB 6 and two Bentleys, would be good if we could meet up, perhaps at the AMOC marquee?
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
If the Swiss event comes off then we’ll be there Flash but if not I’ll be at CLM. Flying solo, so your BBQ would be great - thanks. We’ll keep in touch.
Quote 0 0
Anne
The March AMN mentions the individual ticket events (Friday evening reception, Saturday lunch). I was expecting to see an option for a hospitality day rate.  I'll email Dawn to see if there has been a change of plan.

Anne
Quote 0 0
Bournemouthboy
Should this topic be moved to Events?

Quote 0 0
Anne
Dawn has confirmed that there will be a Hospitality Day pass, costing £30.00 (£10.00 per day) for Members, if pre-booked or £15.00 per day, on the day.

Non-members are welcome at a cost of £40.00 for 3 days pre-booked.

A day pass will entitle the holder to shelter, tea, coffee and water, as well as a croissant on Sunday morning.

Anne
Quote 0 0
Garrydb7
Anne

What about a parking pass to be part of the AMOC display?

As I understand it, you have to purchase LMC entrance tickets through 1st Tickets and then get a "free" parking pass through them.  However the LMC ticket price through 1st tickets seems quite inflated compared to buying direct from LMC, so the parking pass is not really free... 

Cheers 

Garry
Quote 0 0
jonm
Bournemouthboy wrote:
Should this topic be moved to Events?

It probably should but I think only Tim M and Gary can do so.
Quote 0 0
Flashcat
Thank you all for the information much appreciated.

It’s good to know that at least with day tickets members can have access to the marquee, a sit down with a coffee and perhaps a chat with other members.

I don’t know if this information is freely available, if not it should be.

Fully appreciate that quite possibly only a small number of AMOC members attend events such as this, even so let’s make it more inviting to all that attend. At least we are now going in the right direction!

Flash
Quote 0 0
Anne
Garrydb7 wrote:
Anne

What about a parking pass to be part of the AMOC display?

As I understand it, you have to purchase LMC entrance tickets through 1st Tickets and then get a "free" parking pass through them.  However the LMC ticket price through 1st tickets seems quite inflated compared to buying direct from LMC, so the parking pass is not really free... 

Dawn will ask about this next week to see if we can get passes for those who have bought their tickets elsewhere.

Anne
Quote 0 0