williamp Show full post »
williamp
Geoff,

we're also in Houx:

MCSV8 (black V
Dixy (red 5.3 V8 Vantage)
Me (hopefully in DBS V

plus other. Pop in for a beer sometime. I believe our pitches are behind the go-kart track, on the way to the pedestrian bridge over the Bugati circuit
Quote 0 0
MCSV8
Hi, Will,

I think just about everybody will find us in Houx as our pitches are right along that path that leads to the Bugatti bridge. You know, just past the shop. I'm 1159. Where are you, Geoff ?

http://www.tvr-car-club.co.uk/le_mans.asp

PS Dixy has agreed to lend me his Vantage for a few laps of the dirt track
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Martin I am in 1154(ticket arieved this morning) and am a little woried that we may not be able to hear your car at 2am  . If that map is correct it is a cracking location, well done Will.
Quote 0 0
geofro
Yes I gathered there was an Aston contingent in Houx, so I coughed up for a ticket on Ebay.
I'm a Le Mans virgin, so I'll certainly be happy to see some friendly faces.
I'm in Rang 48, Place 819. Looking at the map, I'm right next to the main entrance... so with several '000 sports cars turning in day and night, I'd better get myself some ear plugs!
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Geewizpipp, last year you organised a great list of who was going and their contact details. Can we rely on you to do the same again this year?
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
OK, have started another thread.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Is this the weather we should expect this year? :-\
Quote 0 0
Oscar
Guys,
I would like to know if some of you will sleep outside of the circuit on Saturday ? I perhaps will be in Le Mans just for visiting my family and I think it's a good occasion to meet some of you. I normally will be with my 1978's V8 Vantage Serie II....
That could be cool to have a drink.
If some of you are interrested.... ;D
Quote 0 0
williamp
Oscar,

it would be great to meet you, but saturdya night at midnight is when we're trying to meet at the champagne tent. You could pay to get in (a general entrance ticket is not too much, but might seem expensive if you're just coming to meet Aston members!)

Another option would be to meet on friday before the race, or sunday after the race.
Quote 0 0
Oscar
Well, Friday I'm working and Sunday I must be at home in the afternoon. Perhaps that will change. Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Oscar, let me get this clear. Your familly live in Le Mans, you choose to vissit them on probably the bussiest weekend of the year, you do not go to watch Aston Martin win an historic victory, you dont offer your famillies hospitality for the week.

And yet

You want us to give it all up for a chat?

Champaign bar midnight
Quote 0 0
Oscar
In fact, when I visit my family (wife's family  >) I arrive for lunch and normally quit before dinner...but I try to stay for sleeping...this is why I suggested that. 
I'm sorry but I'm not sure to see AM win an historic victory  ;D ;D oups
Quote 0 0
williamp
Just thought you mightbe interested in a free le mans guide, which yuo can download from here:

http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/

Its useful if you've been before, and essential if you've not been before.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
I was told yesterday that pidling pools had been banned again anyone know for certain?
Quote 0 0
williamp
Yes, I've heard that as well.
Quote 0 0
Geoff_V8

I think they are banned cos the ACO don't want to pay the water taxes!  And who can blame them!
Quote 0 0
astondriver
Hello

I'm just to the West of Laval (which is just west of Le Mans), so anyone travelling from Brittany/Normandy to Le Mans near by, get in touch if you want to meet up. I'll have a run across over the weekend, so hope to see lots of you there!

Jamie
Quote 0 0
geofro
Just thinking about packing for my trip (camping at Houx).
Getting a sat nav fitted Tuesday, so hope that will take care of the maps.
Apart from the usual tent, sleeping bag, tickets, passport, torch etc, and other Le Mans
specific tips? For instance I believe its a good idea to take ear plugs and a tranny?
Radio not cross dressing friend.
Geoff
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Ear plugs a must as is a good chardonnay!
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Your cross dressing freind may be dissapointed at being left behind. The forcast is wet, bring sun block
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
take a colour photocopy of your driving licence, in case you have to surrender it!
Quote 0 0