countachqv
Any Vanquishard planning to go to lime rock and be at the banquet on Friday after the show?
Quote 0 0
Speedraser
I plan to be there.
Quote 0 0
DB9 Volante Driver
Same here.  I'm going up on Wednesday and leaving Saturday morning.  Will be going to show and banquet.
Quote 0 0
countachqv
My wife asked me if the dressing is casual or not at the banquet. I have no idea. Is it ? Car events can always go either way. I reall a while back we showed up with Hawain shirts and tongs in a very formal settings... that was quite embarrasing!
Quote 0 0
Speedraser
Most, but not all, are dressed in suit or sport jacket. A few in a tux. Maybe a few in Hawaiian shirts...
Quote 0 0
DB9 Volante Driver
Speedraser wrote:

Most, but not all, are dressed in suit or sport jacket. A few in a tux. Maybe a few in Hawaiian shirts...

Never saw a tux on Friday, maybe Saturday.  Jeans and a polo shirt are perfectly OK on Friday.  It is a called a banquet, but it is not a formal event.
Quote 0 0
tynelea
I'll be there with my 'new' Vanquish S with Works 6-speed....look forward to seeing everyone there this year!

With regard to attire, Friday night I wear khakis/knit shirt/blazer.....for women an "accompanying outfit"...I understand women's desire to know! 

Tom Smith
Quote 0 0
DB9 Volante Driver
Some tasty Vanqui from said event...

Quote 0 0
DB9 Volante Driver
Part Deux...

Not many, but 5 different colors out of 6 cars....not bad!
Quote 0 0
bluecab
Excuse, me. I'm new here, but would this be Lime Rock in Connecticut,USA or it's namesake somewhere in the UK?
If in the US was there track time involved? Is there a New England component to the AMOC? I did not see an area rep listed the last time I looked..

David
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Yes, an annual getogether for USA East with a driving tour and tracktime
Quote 0 0
Speedraser
More pics of our Vanqui at AMOC Lime Rock

Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
Fantastic pictures. I just love the front without the number plate.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
countachqv
yeah. I am quite jealous of how these guys can take pictures. mines came out crappy with glares...I could not take a rock in the desert if my life depended on it.
Quote 0 0
Speedraser
More pics under Events: USA East Coast Events
Quote 0 0
Schwab
Well done indeed lads!
A beautiful setting and track, Lime Rock. My Dad used to take me there as a child to watch the races. Even then I remember liking the British cars best!
The multicolored Vanq display looks especially brilliant on the grass.
I'll be home in NY this week. Seems I just missed you.

Schwab
Quote 0 0
gtjoey
Countach , Just spoke to Speedracer, are we all going? Is there a spot on the track for the group to line up? Im talking about historic weekend.
Thanks.
Quote 0 0
DB9 Volante Driver
I'll have my Vanq at 'Sunday at the Park', so maybe we'll have a few Vanqs parked on the track to ogle.  You'd think we could at least manage a half dozen given the number of cars within reasonable driving range of LRP.

Now, let's not have a hurricane and we'll be go to go...
Quote 0 0
gtjoey
DB9 Was that your green vanquish? stood around awhile as I wanted to show off my special signed owners manual. Speed will post it soon. Nice day with 4 DB4's one nicer than the next.
Great day.
GTJOEY1314
Quote 0 0
DB9 Volante Driver
Yep, was me.  Too bad I wasn't around when you stopped by!  Didn't win anything, however.  Class winners were 930 Turbo, one-off Sensuale, and the butt ugly Consulier.  Sensuale deserved an award, 930 maybe, but the Consulier a def no-no IMO.  The Huayra would have been a much better choice.

Quote 0 0
gtjoey
Agreed.......I posted on the other thread. Love the interior back parcel shelf. Nice touches.
GTJOEY1314
Quote 0 0
Speedraser
Your car looked great, Steve, but I didn't see you either. Of course, it's a fairly big place 

There was another green Vanquish too, but with a lighter interior.
Quote 0 0