CJ
I was lucky enough to see eight Astons this time around. Enjoy!

The first was this very rare DB6 Shooting Brake:

Then I spotted another very rare car- DB4GT Lightweight- one of only six- one of only two in LHD.

DB2:

Spotted this DB7 Vantage in the parking lot:

It was parked right next to this AMV8 Vantage:

Finally, it was time to see a few Astons actually race. DB4:

This car started last on the grid and came in first- DB4GT:

This was the last AM of the day, a DB4GT:

EDIT: Does anyone know what that symbol over the fender means? Thanks.

Can't wait for next year!
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Great pics CJ. I envy you having seen 17 TVX - a very special machine with a great history - but 8/10 for identifying the other 'GT's' - you slipped on a lobster, we expect more from you now!
Quote 0 0
CJ
Thanks.

An ad for that red DB4GT can be found on page five of the Sept. 2006 News Sheet.
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
The symbol means "if you touch this car, burning magnesium will fly out of the vents and torch your arms right up to the elbow."  Hence, the red lobster.
Quote 0 0
cwallace1309
Here are a couple of questions for the cognoscente:

1.  Re: the red DB4 GT -- Did they fit that grille and those tail lights to the same cars?  Or is that a later grille on an early car?

2.  Is that last one really a DB4 GT?  The rear looks too long to me.  Is it maybe a DB4 with a GT engine?

Obviously nothing better to worry about today.
Quote 0 0
CJ
Red GT:
http://donrose.com/DB4GT-LW.html
http://donrose.com/DB4GT-LW-PHOTOS.html

Green GT(?) - Don't know. I went by the fake license plate at the bottom.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
1 - Do you see something unusual I don't?
2 - Not a 4GT but I leave it to the experts to decide if its a 4 Vantage etc..

CJ, the shorter chassis of the 4GT is most noticeable in the door windows - contrast and compare. They also have a subtly different, more rounded shape to the front wings. I can't tell if the red one has that. A few cars have had 5 wings put on them in rebuilds.
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Most 4GT's that I have seen have "cathedral" rear lights.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
As is appropriate for a place of worship.
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
Green "GT" - believe it's a late Series 5 DB4 Vantage with GT (twin plug) engine which it may or may not have had from new
Quote 0 0
cwallace1309
There's nothing wrong with the tail lights.  But I thought the early cars that had those lights also had a mesh grille, rather than the slat grille featured on the later cars.
Quote 0 0