anthonyoade
I just wanted to thank all participants who took part on the London to Edinburgh Centenary Tour for helping to make it such a great event.

A lot of hard work was put in to making it a special event and I would like to thank the SOCOM sub group and HQ team, especially Marc and Christine for all their assistance and work they did in helping everything run so smoothly. Thanks also to David Wright for the idea in the first place.

I hope you all got home or to your next destinations safely.

I think it’s safe to say everyone enjoyed themselves and we look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Thanks again

Anthony
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Any pictures.....?
Quote 0 0
John Purser
How nice to see this link to Robert Bamford, the unsung hero of the 1913/1915 and 1919/1920 period.
More on him follows later this year
Quote 0 0
John Purser
anthonyoade wrote:
First ones were RAC, Pall Mall, lunch stop at Stilton, checking in at York.

These are at National Railway Museum

What a great venue - Viscount Downe (John Dawnay, Diana's husband) was instrumental in setting up the Museum and would have been so proud of the link.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Out of interest, was A3 the oldest ( and in the 1919 period, and owned by AMHT) Aston with the trip ?
There was a big push to repair it last October.
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
Diana was invited, but was away, so I mentioned the connection with her husband in the welcome.
No A3 was unable to come due to the back axle being repaired and not ready in time.
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
I thought A3 had been away for months and months. Am surprised it wasn't ready in time.
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
I think that A3 sees about 10 mins workshop time every week. How can an axle take that long to repair? I appreciate it might need parts that might need to be manufactured but I would be unhappy if it took this long to come back...
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Well, apparently it was a "real priority" for the Trust so they took it to Ecurie Bertelli rather than to the fully CNC/CMM equipped school/training college in Bridgenorth who were prepared to do it for free.
Quote 0 0
asington
Was the decision to take the A3 to Ecurie Bertelli made by RS or a committee?
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
The Trust were invited to bring A3 to the start, but were unable to bring due to the repairs.
Although it would have been nice to have A3 there it did not detract from the Tour, which is what this thread is about.
Quote 0 0
GaryU_2
Anthony

I moved the photos to the photos category.  

Sometimes (Actually most of the time) threads drift off topic....   

Sometimes most of the post have absolutely nothing to do with the original .......[rolleyes]
Formerly known as Forum Manager.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
anthonyoade wrote:
The Trust were invited to bring A3 to the start, but were unable to bring due to the repairs.
Although it would have been nice to have A3 there

Given the reason for the re-enactment, were many prewar cars on the trip ?
Having co-piloted A3 during its trip to Cornwall, I can imagine 800 miles (there and back) in it would have been quite a challenge, for car and driver.
As they were intended to be in 1919 for Jack Addis.

Quote 0 0
John Purser
asington wrote:
Was the decision to take the A3 to Ecurie Bertelli made by RS or a committee?

Andrew, you KNOW that the Trust have made a policy of not reading these comments.
Ask the question direct.
You pay to be a supporter of AMHT - ask them directly.
Quote 0 0
BarryMan
Thanks Anthony and the AMOC team, this event was amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. [smile]
Quote 0 0
Ian Barclay
Dear Anthony and everyone who helped organise this event. Thank you.
It was the best organised Club event that I have, in my years in the Club - 48- participated in. Great attention to detail, challenging, fun, interesting and supportive; but above all with a fantastic group of Club Members and HQ Staff.
I cannot think of anything to say but Excellent. WE will always remember it.
Thank you all
Ian and Liz
Quote 0 0
fergymax
Here here was excellent, well managed and fully appreciated by all who had the fortune to attend 😊

cheers
andrew
Quote 0 0